shape
carat
color
clarity

Chubb Jewelry Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, I need some help...I''m trying to get an insurance quote for my jewelry from Chubb, but the agents I''ve been able to contact say that they do not write poliicies for just jewelry insurance. They keep trying to sell me a homeowner''s policy that I really don''t want.
29.gif
Every single office I''ve called (about 10) tell me the same thing. Is this true? Has anyone ever had this much trouble trying to obtain insurance or is it just me?

If anyone in the SF Bay Area has any recommendations as to where I should go for insurance, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i called Bill Castro. he is licensed in all the states.

www.totaldollar.com

his toll free number is on the home page of the site.

good luck.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks jcrow! And congrats on your engagment! (I think you were in Vegas a week after I was there, I also went to the Graff store and dragged my bf with me too.
11.gif
)

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
mum. vegas. i wish i were there now!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I have my insurance through Chubb -- both homeowners and jewelry rider. I recently asked my agent if it was possible to get a stand-alone policy for jewelry, and she told me that although Chubb has done this in the past, they are not currently writing policies unless the jewelry is on a rider to a homeowners policy. That''s not to say then won''t change this in the future, but as of now, they will not. I don''t know if this is the case for every state though (I''m in MD).

bettyboop

Rough_Rock
Hi Cinderlla,
I bought a standalone policy through PLI Brokerage. It was interesting b/c I wasn''t sure they did standalone Chubb policies but I submitted a request for information through the PLIB site and got a callback from Carla Yanase. Here''s her contact info:
Carla J. Yanase
101 California St, Ste 2760
SF, CA 94111-5812
415-262-1467 (phone #)
email: [email protected]

Carla was really good to work with and had the policy written up and active fairly quickly. I think Milly may also have a contact as she and I were PM''ing back and forth for a bit regarding insurance in the Bay Area.

Best regards,
Betty

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Betty!

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi

It may all depend on the broker. Two weeks ago I got a stand alone policy from Chubb for my jewelry. I had most of my jewelry pieces appraised and the broker advised me to schedule my e-ring since it is worth more than 25k, and get a unscheduled amount of $15k. Except for my e-ring, I have no other jewelry piece worth more than 10k. Chubb only requests a full appraisal if a single piece is worth more than $50k, but it helps if you have proof of what you have bought and the worth of it.

Anyway, we live in Seattle and I got 2 quotes from two different brokers / agents. It is possible to get a stand alone insurance policy for jewelry...at least in Seattle, WA.

Maya

ETA we have home insurance through somebody else.

Waited2Long

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the link! Our appraiser recommended them too, but I haven''t gone and dug out their brochure yet. I like that they have a quick online calculator.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
40.gif
That is odd...all I did was call my parents and it was done over the phone the same day, heck I have even received my first bill already! I hope you are able to insure it soon!

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Ha Ha, welcome to the world of Chubb. When I tried getting my ring insured, I called every agent I could find within 5 surrounding states and got the same results you did. All of them said they didn''t write a stand-alone policy and that I would need to purchase additional homeowners or vehicle insurance. This wouldn''t work for me because I rent my home and I already have vehicle insurance. Finally, some of the members here on Pricescope gave me the contact info for a guy in my state that writes stand-alone policies and I got it from him. I wish I could give you his information, but he told me that he''s no longer writing Chubb policies after me, because he''s moving to another department. He said there would be a replacement for him, but I have no idea who he is or anything. Good luck on your insurance hunt!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results