clarity

Chrysoprase opinion?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking for opinions.....
I received this today- first vendor photo

And then mine

I found one from a different seller and am questioning myself on pros and cons of each....

_3663.jpeg

_3664.jpeg

_3665.jpeg

_3666.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's the vendor pic of the other stone I like

What's your opinion, color wise?

_3667.jpeg

S

SparkliesLuver

It's kind of hard to tell from your pictures, because they're small, but the color doesn't seem to be totally right/there. It appears to be a darker green. Is that accurate? And how's the clarity?

Personally, I'd rather have the oval (the other one you like) versus the one you have at the moment. However, I'd check with someone like Ryan Quantz (http://www.instagram.com/quantzstudios/) before completely deciding. He has some amazing material at affordable prices. I've included a picture of mine for color and clarity reference, and it came from him.

_37192.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with Sparklies on this--the stone looks a bit dark from your photos, and I'm afraid the vendor photos might be more of a glamor shot vs. what they will look like IRL. Ryan Quantz is amazing and he always has great material, so I'd also check there!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh! Thank you both. Yes, the color is a bit dark, mottled, and a yellowish splotch in the corner.
I'll check out the link provided. Thanks!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rfisher|1463508531|4032801 said:
Oooh! Thank you both. Yes, the color is a bit dark, mottled, and a yellowish splotch in the corner.
I'll check out the link provided. Thanks!

FWIW his etsy shop doesnt have a ton in it right now, but he's super responsive if you contact him and tell him what you're looking for. He typically has leads on how to get this type of material and is really helpful, so I'd contact him even if you dont see one available right now :)

S

SparkliesLuver

Sure thing! Ah, okay. Yeah, with that description, I'd be likely to return it. Great material is out there, and I'd start with Ryan. ;-) And lovedogs is right about his Etsy store. He has a lot that's not posted there, which is why I included his Instagram link. But he's very responsive, so I'm sure he'll get back to you quickly. Exciting! Be sure to return and update us. :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be careful of dyed material. I don't know Ryan, but some vendors, albeit very honest, may not know their sources well enough.

S

SparkliesLuver

TL said:
Be careful of dyed material. I don't know Ryan, but some vendors, albeit very honest, may not know their sources well enough.

I can't speak for everyone, TL, but I can say that Ryan knows his sources very well and does not sell dyed chrysoprase.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1463509118|4032810 said:

I'll be sure to ask if the carpet matches the drapes. Ha!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1463508845|4032807 said:
Sure thing! Ah, okay. Yeah, with that description, I'd be likely to return it. Great material is out there, and I'd start with Ryan. ;-) And lovedogs is right about his Etsy store. He has a lot that's not posted there, which is why I included his Instagram link. But he's very responsive, so I'm sure he'll get back to you quickly. Exciting! Be sure to return and update us. :)

Very responsive, well I'll say so- I've already head back from him!
How awesome is that?
And your chrysoprase is quite lovely!
Thx!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ryan is amazing, stated earlier is quite the understatement!

My photo, as usual, leaves a lot to be desired.
The stone itself leaves nothing to be desired - in my opinion.
Thanks again, all
Off to local bench to see where it takes me........

_4009.jpeg

S

SparkliesLuver

:appl: Excellent! I'm super happy it worked out for you. The piece is lovely. Do come back and post your final piece when it's completed. :D

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful choice Rfisher. :appl:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you both SparkliesLuver and Lovinggems!
I'm getting it set e/w - will post pictures when I get it.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yay!!! I love your new chrysoprase! I think it's amazing, Ryan did a great job as usual. Excited to see how you set it! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! What a gorgeous piece. You have made a great choice. Looking forward to see it set.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
11.74 ct
19.8 x 12.85mm
Argentinium silver
I really like it!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning :love: :love:
What an amazing colour!!! Congrats with this beautiful piece. You jeweller did a great job.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh beautiful! Your jeweler did a great job!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs and Acinom-thank you much for the compliments ladies!
I can pick apart the jewelers job- for the prices he charges.....
I shouldn't be able to see difference in the spacing between the stone and setting on n/s vs the e/w areas.
They basically said I was "seeing things"
Ah....
But thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results