shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas Tree Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bdanziger

Rough_Rock
I am trying to figure out the best way to propose to my girlfriend. I am Jewish and she is willingly converting to Judaism (process takes a while). Her family is not religious except for their christmas tree every year. She is close to her parents and loves hanging out with them. Her parents'' tree is very nice with sentimental ornaments (from childhood etc..) and it makes her extremely happy.

I live with my girlfriend a couple miles from her parents. She has a small fake tree for our house that she put up last year and plans to put up this year.

I am trying to decide if I should propose to her in her parents living room (we dated in high school and college so spent a lot of time at her parents house) with their tree or if I should surprise her and get a real tree for our house.

Thanks in advance!

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
That sounds really sweet! If she really loves Christmas trees, it can be a truly special moment. If you''re willing to do that, it might mean a great deal to her. So I guess it depends on if you''d be OK with having a tree in your house or if you''d prefer to propose with her family and her parents house. Either way can be really special. Best of luck!

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
oh i think that you should get her a big beautiful tree and have it all decortated for when she comes in the room!!!! maybe you could even ''borrow'' those sentimental ornaments ! are you ok with having an xmas tree?

golden

Shiny_Rock
I would make the ring an ornament on the tree! Maybe have it be the only "ornament" on the tree and propose and then decorate the tree together. I would do it in your apartment, not the parents home, unless you think that is something she would really love.
OR you can get a tree and decorate it and put the ring in a large box under the tree as the first gift under the tree and start the proposal that way.
I keep editing this post as I keep getting ideas....you should get a tree, if it's a fake tree get one that is pre-lit, if it is a real tree string it with lights and make sure they are lit when she gets home. Put the ring on the tree next to a light so she doesn't notice the ring right away and when you start decorating the tree together, she will notice the ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results