shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas shopping? What did you buy???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
My husband and I has a super productive day, and I''m so excited about all the great things I bought, so I just need to share..

Today, as we got our first steady snow, I felt the Christmas spirit!

BFF: large red leather coach bag, 4 extra large reuseable target bags, cookwear, Hallmark ornament

My MIL: Engraved family tree, patchwork coach bag, handmade Christmas wreath

Mom: large pebbled leather black coach bag, handblown seahorse ornament

Sister: College bling zip up PINK hoodie, berry colored Coach wristlet

Dad: Wine bottle chiller, charging station, Gap fleece

BIL: DKNY watch, Gap fleece, magazine subscription

SIL: Victoria Secret PJ''s, Camera ornament, raw wood root bowl

FIL: Wii game

Husband: Wii

Niece & Boyfriend: Hand carved and personalized popcorn bowl

Nephew: Barnes & Nobel Gift card

____

Now it''s your turn...what have you bought so far?????

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
You did well!!!
1.gif

I haven''t finished yet but this is what I have so far...

FI: Ipod Nano, 5 dvds, Diesal fuel for life, 2 industry shirts box sets.

Dad: DVD, Ralph Lauren Explorer

Brother: Ipod Shuffle

Future Step Mother: Calvien Klein Secret Obsession

Future Step Sister: Napoleon Perdis Gift Set

FBIL: Bartenders Set

FSIL: Chi Chi Gift Set and Juicy Couture Bracelet

God Daughters: Barbie DVD''s

This is all I can remember
3.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
what is a ralph lauren explorer?

You did really well too! I love Christmas shopping!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I feel sooooo not on the ball
So far I''ve gotten......... well.... nothing

meresal

Ideal_Rock
FI and I are really trying to save money this year, being that the wedding and honeymoon are in 8 months.

So, I'm doing a blanket gift for all my sisters/brother and their families. I found these gorgeous Waterford Cross ornaments at a great deal...

Niece1: $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble, or Borders Books
Nephew1: Some transformers stuff I believe?
Niece2: Some clothes I picked up at Janie & Jack and Polo, and a toy yet to be picked up

FI: I got him a few nice golf shirts. We're going inexpensive this year. I also just got him a really nice tailgating grill for the football games, for his birthday in September.

ETA: The ornaments don't have that standing base on them.

clarecross2008.jpg

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 1:00:24 PM
Author: meresal
FI and I are really trying to save money this year, being that the wedding and honeymoon are in 8 months.

So, I''m doing a blanket gift for all my sisters/brother and their families. I found these gorgeous Waterford Cross ornaments at a great deal...

Niece1: $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble, or Borders Books
Nephew1: Some transformers stuff I believe?
Niece2: Some clothes I picked up at Janie & Jack and Polo, and a toy yet to be picked up

FI: I got him a few nice golf shirts. We''re going inexpensive this year. I also just got him a really nice tailgating grill for the football games, for his birthday in September.

ETA: The ornaments don''t have that standing base on them.
Did you buy those online?

My husbands grandfather passed away this year...and his grandmother is really religious and we''re stuck on a gift...I''d love to give her something like that.

I actually almost bought her the cross you posted, by my DH was like "my grandmother isn''t the crystal type"...but who can argue with an ornament? I just want to do something extra sweet for her, I''m sure this will be the hardest holiday of her life
emsad.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 3:19:53 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor

My husbands grandfather passed away this year...and his grandmother is really religious and we're stuck on a gift...I'd love to give her something like that.

I actually almost bought her the cross you posted, by my DH was like 'my grandmother isn't the crystal type'...but who can argue with an ornament? I just want to do something extra sweet for her, I'm sure this will be the hardest holiday of her life
emsad.gif
I actually got them at the Waterford outlet, and bought 8 at once. I love the look crystal gives off when surrounded by christmas lights on a tree. It's really beautiful, and find myself kinda lost in the glow, especially at night. I don't know anyone that would turn down crystal ornaments. Does she still decorate a tree?

That's really nice of you to think of doing something so special for her. What about a picture frame. I know the waterford outlet had some gorgeous ones, that I am thinking of getting one for our wedding pictures, when we have them. You could get a nice picture of them, from their wedding day or whenever, and have it sized and placed for her? Even if it's an old wedding photo, Walgreens and other photo places are great at retouching and pretty much remaking worn photos. I bet that would be very touching.

ETA: Here the link for all of the Waterford/Wedgewood stores. Their deals are much better than anything I've seen online. http://www.outletbound.com/cgi-bin/stores_by_name.cgi?StoreName=Waterford%20Wedgwood

bebe

Ideal_Rock
meresal, that Waterford is nice. I have found some deals at the Waterford outlet in San Marcos. But just recently found Waterford
ornaments at Home Goods for $9.95!! Mostly the selection was either the large round balls or Santas. But that beats the outlet price by a lot!

My best friend and I exchange the Waterford 12 Days of Christmas Champagne Flutes every year, until we each have all 12, which will be in a year or 2.
It''s funny, she doesn''t drink Champagne, but it''s my fav.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 3:39:07 PM

Date: 11/17/2008 3:19:53 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor

My husbands grandfather passed away this year...and his grandmother is really religious and we''re stuck on a gift...I''d love to give her something like that.

I actually almost bought her the cross you posted, by my DH was like ''my grandmother isn''t the crystal type''...but who can argue with an ornament? I just want to do something extra sweet for her, I''m sure this will be the hardest holiday of her life
emsad.gif
I actually got them at the Waterford outlet, and bought 8 at once. I love the look crystal gives off when surrounded by christmas lights on a tree. It''s really beautiful, and find myself kinda lost in the glow, especially at night. I don''t know anyone that would turn down crystal ornaments. Does she still decorate a tree?

That''s really nice of you to think of doing something so special for her. What about a picture frame. I know the waterford outlet had some gorgeous ones, that I am thinking of getting one for our wedding pictures, when we have them. You could get a nice picture of them, from their wedding day or whenever, and have it sized and placed for her? Even if it''s an old wedding photo, Walgreens and other photo places are great at retouching and pretty much remaking worn photos. I bet that would be very touching.

ETA: Here the link for all of the Waterford/Wedgewood stores. Their deals are much better than anything I''ve seen online. http://www.outletbound.com/cgi-bin/stores_by_name.cgi?StoreName=Waterford%20Wedgwood
Hugs and thanks!

alia

Rough_Rock
Like dragonfly411, I''ve gotten nothing either. I''m so bad at getting gifts...
I saw these hair care products on eBay. They are from Batia & Aleeza, which I''ve never heard of. These products are supposed to be great for curly hair and I thought I''d buy them for my best friend who of course has curly hair.

What do you guys think? Should I keep searching?
33.gif

Thanks!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had virtually nothing purchased before Thanksgiving and then went on an internet buying blitz that weekend.
MIL custom made aquamarine pendant (in the works before Thanksgiving)
FIL gift certificates and popcorn maker
husband some previously owned comics
Daughter #1 Melissa and Doug playdough rollers/cutter set, handmade dress for her Our generation doll (it''s a knock off of American Girl), 2 cds (wiggles yummy yummy and Muppet show), cd wallet, dvd, Tinkerbell friend fairy doll
Daughter #2 handmade nightgown for her our generation doll, wooden babydoll stroller, Melissa & Doug stamper set,
both getting from Santa a play kitchen
Mother silver huggie earrings, book, body butter, eye puffiness pads (plus cash)
sister bath set, marizipan (plus cash)
niece nail decorating kit
brother food basket
wine glasses, miscellaneous stocking stuffers like ornaments and chocolate ornaments, etc.

The one thing I wasn''t able to get was a cradle for DD#2. I was bidding on a handmade wooden cradle on ebay and got outbid. There seemed like there were a ton I could bid on before but now it looks like all the ones out to bid I either don''t like or are just as expensive or more than a brand new one. So I''m undecided.

My husband and I looked on the internet and ended up getting a fire bowl as our gift to each other. I am pretty psyched about it. He was burning firewood and branches in a metal wastecan which was ugly and rusting through. Originally he was just going to go to Home depot and pick the cheapest looking fire pit he could find. The firebowl we picked out is more expensive but actually has some capacity, looks durable and has looks (rubbed bronze finish) so I''ll enjoy it too.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a pic of our firebowl!

firebowlWAD792SP-BU_sp80.jpg

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 4:11:29 PM
Author: bebe
meresal, that Waterford is nice. I have found some deals at the Waterford outlet in San Marcos. But just recently found Waterford

ornaments at Home Goods for $9.95!! Mostly the selection was either the large round balls or Santas. But that beats the outlet price by a lot!

My best friend and I exchange the Waterford 12 Days of Christmas Champagne Flutes every year, until we each have all 12, which will be in a year or 2.

It''s funny, she doesn''t drink Champagne, but it''s my fav.

Bebe, can you get those online? Since you shop in San Marcos, I think that you must be somewhere near me, but I''ve never been to a Home Goods. Fab find.

I actually did my Christmas shopping for my family when we went to San Francisco in August. Brought them with me when we went to PA for a wedding in October, so I saved on shipping too, lol.
Boyfriend''s family we still have to do:
His mom: zappos gift card
His dad: luggage
His brother: um, book and alarm clock?
Our friend: Chocolate vodka, edible shot glasses (candy cane), and Christmas cookies
Our puppy: elevated dog feeder
Him: black leather wallet

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Honey228, I don''t think I''ve ever seen Waterford that discounted online.
Home Goods in Houston can be a great place to discover some super bargains.
Google them to find a location in HOuston, I think there might be one in Austin too.

Also I''ve seen Waterford ornaments at Tuesday Morning.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2008 9:49:21 PM
Google them to find a location in HOuston, I think there might be one in Austin too.

OMG!! This is my weakness!!
30.gif
30.gif
I LOVE Tuesday Morning.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2008 10:19:41 PM

Date: 12/4/2008 9:49:21 PM

OMG!! This is my weakness!!
30.gif
30.gif
I LOVE Tuesday Morning.
Home Goods can be a painful place for me. I never walk out of there empty handed.
Last week I went in to buy a large snowman platter I had been eyeing. I decided to go to
the back of the store and work my way back up to the front, then get the platter as I checked out.
Somebody got my snowman whie I was shopping, I was so disappointed!!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe I''m not a seasoned enough shopper, but places like Marshalls and Tuesday Mornings, I totally agree that you can find deals there for stuff you are not specifically looking for, but the way it is organized I get stimuli overload and don''t feel I am very productive in my shopping. Also if you have a specific list of things you are shopping for it is hit or miss.

I think crystal ornaments are so pretty in the Christmas lights. Until my youngest is a couple years older however I am refraining from buying any additional breakable ornaments, and every year buying at least one unbreakable ornament. This way the kids can help me hang the (unbreakable) ornaments and I don''t have a heart attack.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ladies got some jewelry from this etsy vendor: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6141095 and some soap products from another etsy vendory. I love etsy, I always find some fabulously beautiful handmade items for very reasonable prices.

The in-laws are nature gurus, so they are getting the "planet earth" dvd set.

My grandfather got some fancy expensive caramels, his favorite candy.

I''m still not sure what to get the little kids or my dad yet. Any ideas? I''ve got about 6 kids between the ages of 0-6 in the fam to shop for to give you an idea.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are lots of Waterford ornaments (and Lenox as well) at Marshalls right now too!

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
FI- Garmin cycling computer, American Eagle button down shirt, arm warmers (cycling gear), a book.

Mom - two turtlenecks and a creme colored nylon vest.

Dad - a soft pullover and a lined flannel shirt

Sister - winter gloves, scarf, dvds, Twighlight book.

BFF - subscription to US magazine

Friends - starbucks cards

Coworkers - not sure, probably ornaments or something small.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results