shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas Quilts

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did anyone else make a new Christmas quilt for the season. I have spent a few months on this one. It was a mystery quilt. It’s called the Christmas Carol mystery quilt. I ordered a kit for each block. I had so much fun doing it. I am waiting for some thread to come in to quilt the center blocks. This photo was before I added the batting and backing.

Attachments

• FF150C21-BA0A-4522-A60C-624F19A5F03A.jpeg
    FF150C21-BA0A-4522-A60C-624F19A5F03A.jpeg
    307.6 KB · Views: 67

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I love it. You are so talented.

Annette

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i cut one out years ago (like about 17 years ago :lol-2: )
i really like the cutting out part
it might even be sewn together
if only i knew where it was
of course now we don't have a super king any more and i might just make it into a duvet cover because i don't enjoy the actual quilting process

so an almost 20 year old 'quilt ' awaits somewhere
i wonder if i brought fabric to back it ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did anyone else make a new Christmas quilt for the season. I have spent a few months on this one. It was a mystery quilt. It’s called the Christmas Carol mystery quilt. I ordered a kit for each block. I had so much fun doing it. I am waiting for some thread to come in to quilt the center blocks. This photo was before I added the batting and backing.

that's gorgeous !

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I am hoping to see some others. There are some far more talented quilters on here than me. I was so fun to do. I wanted to have it hanging on the wall by now but I am having a hard time getting my thread to quilt the blocks. Black is too dark and I don't want to use invisible thread. So I wait.

Yes, get it out. You might find you love it again. There are a lot of shops now that do quilting- an overall pattern- that is reasonable. You don't have to do the quilting yourself. It is a little stressful for me but I am forcing myself to do it. I am good at a few designs but I know I will get better if I keep at it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I am hoping to see some others. There are some far more talented quilters on here than me. I was so fun to do. I wanted to have it hanging on the wall by now but I am having a hard time getting my thread to quilt the blocks. Black is too dark and I don't want to use invisible thread. So I wait.

Yes, get it out. You might find you love it again. There are a lot of shops now that do quilting- an overall pattern- that is reasonable. You don't have to do the quilting yourself. It is a little stressful for me but I am forcing myself to do it. I am good at a few designs but I know I will get better if I keep at it.
thank you for the encouragement

i had visions of grandeur
see with me i just really love American craft cotton
the quality is high and its pretty
i just chose 3 colours of the same pattern and sewed long stripes the length of the quilt

- i think my very basic skill set is better suited to patchwork rather than the more elaborate and beautuful quilting patterns that are out there

anyway i had it in my head after quilting the strips id quite the nativity sceen into the quilt

but i now acknowledge im nowhere near neat enough with a needle and thread

and my sewing machine is very overdue for a service :(2

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should give wool applique a try. It is way more forgiving and just a lot of fun. It is fused on first and then you just get to sit and stitch. I was so helpful to me in these COVID days. I learned new stitches and really enjoyed it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
You should give wool applique a try. It is way more forgiving and just a lot of fun. It is fused on first and then you just get to sit and stitch. I was so helpful to me in these COVID days. I learned new stitches and really enjoyed it.

thank you
I'll have to look into it
im always looking for winter knee projects when its cold and dark

i once finished a crocheted blanket (to fit a single bed) in the heat of summer
it almost killed me from the warmth of it

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@luv2sparkle Thats such a gorgeous quilt! Do you also freearm? I have not yet done any real quilting (I'm not really that good honestly!!) and I've done a dog quilt but again...only for a dog...lol

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely!!! I do not have a Christmas quilt and I've not ever made one. I'm a hand quilter, so my quilts take me typically a year. Currently working on my daughter's graduation quilt. She graduates in a bit less than 2 weeks and so I doubt it'll get done. I've thought of doing a wall quilt for Christmas, but haven't gotten around to it. I'd like to do one of the advent ones.... :D

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arcadian, yes, I have a sit down long arm. I haven’t touched it in the last year. I have two other really large quilts that I have been working on this year, and one more medium sized one to get done before Christmas. I would love to be better at it. I am pretty good at graffiti style free motion and a few patterns I can do pretty well. I really wish I was better at it. It just takes more practice. The bigger the quilt the harder it is managing on a sit down. I just don’t have the space right now for a frame.

@Cozystitches, I have seen your work and it is lovely. We have lived here 15 years and all that time I have wanted quilts in the two large niches in my front room. I am finally going to get them! Most of my quilting life I have given away everything I make. I have a minky blanket to make before Christmas to give to a family member battling cancer. I can’t wait to see your daughters graduation quilt!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Cozystitches, I have seen your work and it is lovely. We have lived here 15 years and all that time I have wanted quilts in the two large niches in my front room. I am finally going to get them! Most of my quilting life I have given away everything I make. I have a minky blanket to make before Christmas to give to a family member battling cancer. I can’t wait to see your daughters graduation quilt!
Aww thanks! My pictures are up on Instagram and I'm actually quilting now! :D I have a few things to sew for Christmas, but I just haven't been motivated :razz:

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@luv2sparkle Your Christmas quilt is beautiful! I especially love the drummer boy square, but I looked at all of them and I think they all look fantastic! I do not know anything about quilting, but I appreciate needle arts. I am doing a needlepoint ornament at the moment. The idea of making a whole quilt is quite intimidating.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @OdetteOdile. That block was probably the most challenging for me. All the blocks were designed by different designers. I only made slight changes to a couple because I really liked most of them.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Your quilt is beautiful! Seeing it has made me smile. Thank you for sharing :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your Christmas guilt is gorgeous @luv2sparkle! :love: You are so talented. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results