shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas proposals

Discussion in 'Proposal Ideas' started by kmoro, Dec 21, 2018.

1. kmoro
    Brilliant_Rock

by kmoro » Dec 21, 2018
    Hi All,

What are your thoughts on Christmas proposals?

I have always kind of thought it was a bit of a rip off, like using the engagement as a Christmas present.
    But I know a lot of people do it.

What do you think?

2. jamesallenrings
    Rough_Rock
    Trade

by jamesallenrings » Dec 24, 2018
    Christmas is a great time for proposals for a variety of reasons. One important reason is that couples can celebrate their engagement with their families, since people often only see their families once a year around Christmas.

kmoro likes this.
  3. kmoro
    Brilliant_Rock

by kmoro » Dec 24, 2018
    That’s a very good point! Love it!

4. LJsapphire
    Brilliant_Rock

by LJsapphire » Dec 24, 2018
    Like you @kmoro think it's a bit of a cop out. Same as I don't want to get married at Christmas (even though we met in December). I'd like to have separate dates for special occasions.

LinSF likes this.
  5. Austina
    Ideal_Rock

by Austina » Dec 25, 2018
    I didn’t get proposed to at Christmas, but we got married on the 23rd - just celebrated our 40th!

WhitePeonia, AV_ and kmoro like this.
  6. kmoro
    Brilliant_Rock

by kmoro » Dec 25, 2018
    How lovely! Congratulations!!!!

Austina likes this.
  7. missy
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by missy » Dec 25, 2018
    My parents got married Christmas Day and today is their 55th anniversary. It was (I am told) a very romantic wedding and the proposal was also romantic...my dad proposed to my mom on the Brooklyn Bridge. Six weeks after they had gone on their first date.

A Christmas Wedding isn't for everyone of course but as with everything one's mileage varies. The day was even more festive and special for all that celebrated with them on their wedding day. Worked out very very well for my parents and all their loved ones who shared the love that day. :kiss2:

December 25th, 1963

momanddadweddingphotochristmasday1963.jpg

@Austina December is proving to be a great month for anniversaries and I know I already wished you a very happy Anniversary but 40 years is worth congratulating many many times...happy Anniversary month to a lovely and warm couple. (((Hugs))).

Indylady, elizat and Austina like this.
  8. peacechick
    Brilliant_Rock

by peacechick » Dec 25, 2018
    We got married on Boxing Day, which I absolutely love, because not only is our anniversary difficult to forget, we don’t need to buy presents in advance as we just go out shopping together.

AV_ and LJsapphire like this.
  9. LJsapphire
    Brilliant_Rock

by LJsapphire » Dec 25, 2018
    I suppose that is a big advantage :mrgreen2: and it would be romantic and festive to get married around that time.
    I've told my fiancé we are getting married next year. I was hoping for April or May but we need to move house first. So I suggested October (school holidays) and he suggested December 7th, which is the date we met. I would need to take unpaid leave from work to get married outside of the school holidays though.
    We'll see. :cool2:

AV_ likes this.
  10. Indylady
    Ideal_Rock

by Indylady » Dec 31, 2018
    Missy, what a beautiful and lovely photo and romantic proposal.

I’d be up for a Christmas engagement or wedding! If a wedding, I’d likely do a small family focused wedding. I just love everything about the holidays, from lights to Christmas trees to the spirit of giving and spending time with family and getting cozy in the cold. I once saw photos of a wedding at a Christmas tree lot, and it was just magical!

missy likes this.
  11. LinSF
    Shiny_Rock

by LinSF » Jan 1, 2019
    I'd be up for an engagement anytime, when you love the person and it's right why does the season or day matter? I'd not feel cheated at all, but then again I am a very pragmatic person. For me, the elements of a non public, romantic, and personal proposal would trump any issues over timing.

missy likes this.