Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity
  • Pricescope Upgrade/Maintenance Is Complete.

We still have a few things to iron out. If you see any bugs, issues or have any concerns, let us know here in this discussion.

Christmas gift ideas for DIL...help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I am in a difficult place. My son and DIL have had a rough time of it for quite a while and now are back together making yet another attempt to work things out, despite her throwing him out. My predicament: since we are going to give gifts to our family members here at home before heading out of state to extended family, I now need to purchase something for my DIL. The question is what?

Quite honestly, with what has been transpiring between both she and our son, I really wasn''t planning on seeing her for the holidays or anytime soon and now we are. I feel awkward, but I do care about her. I really don''t want to spend alot of money on her or make a huge investment, but I need to give her something nice...don''t I?

I have something modest to give her as a stocking stuffer or to go along with whatever I get my son. I will say that I allotted a set amount per person in my immediate family that I have managed to stay within. This does not apply to her though. I just feel hesitant to spend that much on her...I know that makes me sound awful, but I can''t help how I feel.

Please help...I have to finish some Christmas shopping and I need ideas...thanks in advance!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I would feel weird too but since they are trying salvage their relationship I would still include her & get her a gift. How about a robe, gloves, scarf, perfume, Christmas ornament/decoration, gift certificate, a homemade gift basket with chocolate or coffee, cd''s.

I have used gifts.com quite a bit already for ideas on what to get my relatives.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.