shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas gift help needed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

I need help ASAP finding the perfect Christmas gift for my Aunt P. Up until this year, my family has always done a gift card exchange, where we play different games and earn gift cards from there. However, this Christmas is much smaller than ever before and we decided to do a Secret Santa exchange instead...and I drew my Aunt P. I bought her a lovely robe yesterday at Macy''s...but want to do more. We have a budget of $50.00...and I spent $15.00 of it yesterday at on a robe that was orginially priced at $80.00 (great deal, huh?). But now I am stuck! I do not want to "jip" her and consider myself lucky I got a good deal on the robe and buy nothing else...I want to spoil her, its been a hard year....So, please, any suggestions are totally welcome....

Background:

My Aunt isn''t "girly" at all. She worked at a large factory for 20+ years, and was recently let go--she now delivers newspapers to makes ends meet. Her husband is terminally ill with RSD, and the stress of paying for his medication and caring for him in general now that they no longer have insurance has mentally wore her down to the point her hands peel severely. She is 54 years old, typically wears jeans or sweat pants with a sweat shirt or lose fitting sweater...she certainly isn''t into clothing, or makeup, or jewels and the only time I''ve ever seen her "dressed up" was for the bridal shower she threw me, and for my wedding.

She is an incredible person. Kind, loving, and understanding, and even with all her current hardships, is still funny.

TIA!!!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is there a place where you could buy her a 1/2 hour massage for $35 there? I know that''s about the going rate around here...if she''d like that of course.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2008 10:57:32 AM
Author: neatfreak
Is there a place where you could buy her a 1/2 hour massage for $35 there? I know that''s about the going rate around here...if she''d like that of course.
I actually thought about that...and even considered going way over budget and buying her a monthly massage for a year...but, she''s not exactly the type of person who would fully enjoy that kind of pampering, and I fear it might actually get totally lost on her, or she''d forget about it...

My Aunt used to go to this nice, higher end salon...but when she lost her job, she "gave" up. I now cut her hair in my home...no muss no fuss no charge. She''s never worn a lick of makeup, had a manicure or pedicure...she''s very basic when it comes to pampering herself. She''s a pretty private person.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Would she use any lotions or anything like that for her dry hands? Burt''s Bees Hand Salve is meant to be a godsend for people who suffer from severely dry hands. Maybe you could assemble a small gift basket of these types of prodcuts that she could use quickly since she''s not the type to sit and pamper?

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Thats a good idea...I''ll pick up the hand cream for her, regardless...

brgirl

Shiny_Rock
Is it cold where she lives? If so, I was thinking maybe some softly-lined gloves (not necessarily cashmere, but something soft!) for when she delivers newspapers. Or if she drinks coffee or anything hot, a nice thermos? I was trying to think of something to make her delivery job easier or more comfortable...

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking along the lines of cashmere gloves too. We got my mom a pair of microfleece lined suede gloves. (she has permanently cold hands due to a circulatory disorder) The suede would give extra grip too.

Another idea would be a gift basket of at home pampering items (if she would take the time for herself) Maybe a foot spa and accessories, a manicure kit, great lotions, etc.

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
maybe really comfy/soft slippers to go with the robe?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
What about little at-home things for relaxation? Aromatherapy candles, cds...?

Does she read? Maybe a gc for Borders or Barnes and Noble (or scout amazon for some titles she might like).

What about teas or coffees? www.adagio.com has amazing teas (a friend gave me a gc for there last year)

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
I like the gloves idea...if she is where it is cold...recommend fleece...the have some where there are fleece liners that can be worn seperately with covers the are waterproof that can also be worn seperately...and a nice scarf too

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results