shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas Eve Proposer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone hear any updates on CEP''''s ring? I haven''''t seen anything lately and was wondering how things were going. I''''m sure others are wondering to...everyone and their mother knows about the ring hehe!

So, CEP....where are you??? Fill us in!!

reena

Ideal_Rock
yeah, CEP--where the heck did you go?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
i was kind of relieved to see him go..................the thread was just too big

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Perhaps he just used this place to get what he wanted and then took off without sharing the final product? Maybe he "used" us
33.gif
1.gif
I hope not! I would like to see the finished product.

I agree with windowshopper, that thread WAS getting out of hand. Maybe I''m wrong, but I started getting the impression that he enjoyed all the attention kept things going in circles because of that? I don''t know.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
thanks --i was thinking that last part but didnt want to say it-----(how uncharacteristic of me!)

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Hey no problem! I figured that it is MY opinion and if he doesn''t like it, that''s fine with me. I''m not really a cruel person, but I will voice my thoughts...and some people don''t like that. But that''s okay....I don''t like some of the things others say. It''s a two-way street.
2.gif

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I assumed that he was sincere but very indecisive and got the help he needed here. I hope things went well and that he will post pictures of his* fiancee''s* ring.
It is not yet Christmas so I guess he has not proposed yet and the stone may not even be set yet.
Please let us know whether the stone was what you wanted.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
a very abrupt "departure" though

youngster

Shiny_Rock
If I recall from one of his last posts, he was going out of town for a number of days and specifically stated that he wouldn''t be posting much for at least a week. I personally have really enjoyed the thread and am sure he''ll come back to post the final product. He seems like a real sweetie!
emsmile.gif
(I think we''d all love to have had our significant other put that kind of time and effort into the selection of our rings!)

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I also remember him saying he was going on a business trip, so I figured he''d be back when he could. I don''t think he would have just abandoned us!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I definately don''t question his sincerity at all! He wanted to get the perfect ring her and that is great! That thread was getting exremely dizzying...like a merry-go-round. He was also a very sweet guy...I''m not questioning any of that at all. I guess I''ve never seen anyone so indecisive before. I even posted that and he got upset and defensive...which is fine, I have no problem with that. Please don''t get me wrong, I''m excited for him and hope everything goes without a hitch.

I''m not trying to be mean here, just posting how I feel.

suzannecallison

Rough_Rock
I didn''t ever respond to his posts, but I like him a lot. He wasn''t afraid to ask stupid questions, and appreciated every answer. I liked his first avatar too, the waving hands. I hope she loves him as much as he does her, and can''t wait for him to come back. Maybe he will stay awhile and help others.

What a sweet guy.

In some respects, i agree with the absolutly huge threads he created. The ladies who stuck with him should get one of those pricescop pins, labeled CEP
12.gif

Suzanne

reena

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2004 11:21:32 AM
Author: youngster
If I recall from one of his last posts, he was going out of town for a number of days and specifically stated that he wouldn't be posting much for at least a week. I personally have really enjoyed the thread and am sure he'll come back to post the final product. He seems like a real sweetie!
emsmile.gif
(I think we'd all love to have had our significant other put that kind of time and effort into the selection of our rings!)
agreed 100%. IMO the whole reason pricescope EXISTS is for people like CEP. do you guys remember what he was planning to purchase before he stumbled across this site?
32.gif
i think it's great that he came here, was able to learn something about diamonds and ended up with a beautiful ring that he can be proud of for his sweetie.

it's a complete pricescope success story!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/13/2004 12:42:17 PM
Author: reena

If I recall from one of his last posts, he was going out of town for a number of days and specifically stated that he wouldn''t be posting much for at least a week. I personally have really enjoyed the thread and am sure he''ll come back to post the final product. He seems like a real sweetie!
emsmile.gif
(I think we''d all love to have had our significant other put that kind of time and effort into the selection of our rings!)
agreed 100%. IMO the whole reason pricescope EXISTS is for people like CEP. do you guys remember what he was planning to purchase before he stumbled across this site?
32.gif
i think it''s great that he came here, was able to learn something about diamonds and ended up with a beautiful ring that he can be proud of for his sweetie.

it''s a complete pricescope success story!
HI:

Well said. Reading his enthusiastic posts left me a bit curious as to how my DH could be so disinterested in diamonds/jewellery! The lucky beneficiary is all I can say............................

cheers--Sharon

day_lily_me

Rough_Rock
I think he must be on a business trip. I don''t think he''s abandoned PS. I''ve seen him respond to others on different threads so he''s still reading and learning. I can''t wait for the big event! They are such a cute couple and I for one am soooooooooo glad he found PS. His heart is in the right place, that''s for sure. And he got a beautiful ring for his sweetie.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to say that although it was a long thread, he took advice and hopefully wound up with a beautiful ring instead of the junk his jeweler tried to pass off. He was indecisive about the ring but not about wanting his future wife and her family to be happy.
If you look from the top of the thread to the bottom, this is what Pricescope is all about. The thread became so lengthy because so many people got involved and hopefully he accomplished what he set out to do--get the woman he adores the best ring he could afford and make her children happy too.

Date: 12/13/2004 10:35:28 AM
Author: orbaya
Perhaps he just used this place to get what he wanted and then took off without sharing the final product? Maybe he ''used'' us
33.gif
1.gif
I hope not! I would like to see the finished product.

I agree with windowshopper, that thread WAS getting out of hand. Maybe I''m wrong, but I started getting the impression that he enjoyed all the attention kept things going in circles because of that? I don''t know.

No.

Date: 12/13/2004 10:38:42 AM
Author: windowshopper
thanks --i was thinking that last part but didnt want to say it-----(how uncharacteristic of me!)

No.

emsmile.gif

Yes.
35.gif

Date: 12/13/2004 12:42:17 PM
Author: reena

emsmile.gif

32.gif
i think it''s great that he came here, was able to learn something about diamonds and ended up with a beautiful ring that he can be proud of for his sweetie.

it''s a complete pricescope success story!

Exactly!!
36.gif

Hello everyone!
35.gif

What a wirlwind!!

I just got back from Susanne's...I was there since last Thursday (Celebrated her birthday a day early with some friends).

Then came Christmas Eve and everything went as planned!! I'm pretty tired, I'll make a new post and go into a bit of detail tomorrow.

Sorry I didn't give updates right away, but Susanne has a horrible computer and for some reason, I got some script error when I tried to post (On the day after Christmas). But, I had a personal message from Ana and responded to that with what I tried to post. She posted it for me on some thread here, I saw it later that day.

Plus...

Our IDIOT Production manager decided to try to download something using MY computer and it's been down for two weeks (This was on top of the above mentioned business trip).

Bottom line....Everything went great! And Susanne says THANK YOU!! I showed her the big post...When I showed her the response number, as compared to all the other posts, she realized how much you guys had helped me and really appreciated it!!

Thanks again!! I'll get a picture of her ring somehow...She's got it now, and I need to use the company camera to get an image (I should have done that last week, leading up to Christmas Eve, when I HAD the ring, but kept forgetting) and get it posted. But, you'll all be amazed at how it looks EXACTLY like the Blue Nile picture.

You've all helped create "My Best Day Ever". Susanne gave it to me through her answer, but you all helped make it possible!!!

35.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Good for you, CEP! I was thinking of you all day on Christmas Eve.

Thanks Patty!

Of course we were up pretty much all night after I proposed, then of course, the kids were up at the crack of dawn on Christmas day. Then they had to go to their dad''s and we had a bit of time to ourselves, but just HAD to run around showing Susanne''s friend''s her new ring, then down to my mom''s in the afternoon, early evening, then back to Susanne''s Christmas night.

Then SLEEP!

Then up to her dad''s on the day after Christmas, then Monday I was running around trying to find a jeweler to re-size the ring while Susanne had to work.

Then I drove from Susanne''s to work this morning, and now am finally home with some free time...

35.gif
all!!!

Here is a link to the thread in Rocky Talky...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-got-it-and-its-absolutely-georgous.22749/page-2

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, CEP. I didn''t contribute much to your original thread because I don''t know much about pears but I have been following your saga and am very happy for you and your fiancee that things worked out so well.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results