shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas Eve or New Years?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stereotype

Rough_Rock
I have a ring purchased, now comes the proposal Idea and input.

I met my girlfriend on New Years, but never started dating until may of that year.

So I had thought of proposing on New Years Eve Evening, or New Years Day. And going with the idea that there was one last gift that I had forgotten to place in her christmas stocking. She returns back to work on january 4th, school teacher... So I'm trying to hope for a day when she isn't too stressed or planning the school work for the return back.

My other Plan was to ask if she ever in the past opened 1 christmas gift on Christmas Eve, I myself have never. But I would ask her if she would be interested, that then would be when we would exchange gifts.

Either time will have the same location in mind, a local beach where our 2nd date was, I would have a small fire, and my ring would be in a somewhat large box that she would have to open a few, and near the end I would of course nab the box and get on my knee and propose. Or instead of the box I would have the ring placed in her glove and as its cold here when she goes to put the glove on she would notice there is something there.

ps: reason i didn't choose location of first date was because it was a double date, this was our first private date.

any input would be apreciated

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I''m biased. x-mas eve to me is the most romantic night of the year. I made sure hubby knew to propose only on x-mas eve when the time came and he did. That was 16 yrs ago and every x-mas eve since has been very special and romantic. We open our stockings on x-mas eve with a nice fire and champagne.

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, and I''m getting you no further because I''m going to vote for New Year''s Eve. Your first date was around then (and it will combine the significance of both your first and second date ) and not only that, you can frame it as your date chapter is over as is the year, and with the New Year, comes your new engagement, the next chapter. Maybe its because I''m not that close to my family that I think a Christmas proposal is overated, but I vote New Years ....

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
I''d go for New Year''s Eve also. I love the idea of starting the new year with the person you''re going to marry. Also, with your first meeting then, it seems to have more meaning for you both. Plus, I don''t think that the engagement can get as lost in the holiday festivities...

Good luck!

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for New Year''s. Seems to have more personal significance to you and a bit more original than a Christmas proposal. I wouldn''t wait till New Year''s day though, I''d do it right around midnight instead.

stereotype

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply
I could do New Years eve midnight, but the chances are that I would be somewhat under the Influence, and so would she
I just didn''t think it would feel the same if it was done at that time. Unless earlier on at a dinner before we went out to the nights parties. And now that I think about the next day, I would hope that either or both of us would be hangoverless so to say.

Would be hard for me to go the night of a such a big event as new years with out celebrating with a few bevrages, she would know something was up.

I''m enjoying the replies, please keep them coming, all responces are welcomed.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
What about Christmas Day Night? After everything has settled down, then a "oh, one more gift for you".

I personally love the Christmas Eve idea, then you have the next day to be with family if that is in your plans.

Or early evening on New Years Eve. But that just doesn''t seem romantic. Does she have any idea this is coming?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the idea of proposing on Christmas eve. So romantic and you have the next day to celebrate with family. If you do it on New Years eve, I''d do it earlier then you have the rest of the night to whoop it up!!

TexasLawyer

Rough_Rock
I have to vote for New Years Eve. I''ll be proposing to my girl on Dec. 31. In order to avoid the problem of us being "under the influence" when I do it, I have planned to pop the question around 5pm prior to the dinner and party we are going to. That way, New Years will be a celebration of both the new year and our engagement!

kbarn21

Rough_Rock
My vote is for new years.......what better day is there to ask someone to start a new life with you?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really depends on if you want it public with her family for Christmas, or private on NYEve. I personally would think on Christmas would be really sweet if the whole family would be thrilled. Especially the stocking thing...But NYEve could be really cool too.

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I vote New Years.
My parents got married on Christmas Eve. With all their kids, they never really had time to stop and reflect that it was their anniversary. Always too busy with presents, rushing, etc.
New Years can be a bit more of a private time and may give you a better chance to get away and celebrate the night you propsed, etc. And obviously, to ring in the New Year.

So I vote New Years.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
One more vote for Christmas Eve!!

stereotype

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for the input, But I Just couldn''t hold back
I did it 10:30pm on december 23rd

I brought her to the store where I purchased the ring and had her finger sized, she then went shopping, I told the merchant that I was just pretending.
I told him to place the ring/box in a larger box. So when I met up with her later I told her it would take 2 weeks for the ring to return because of the busy season. And that the box I had was her christmas present that I had been waiting to arrive.

Anyhow I poped the question, was nervous and stuttering, but I recieved a yes

here is a picture of the ring, thank you all very much
j5xg8n.jpg

hilbake

Rough_Rock
Very Pretty! Congratulations!
30.gif

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats. Love the ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results