shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas Eve 2003 Proposal in Chicago. Need help...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Chardin

Rough_Rock
My girlfriend and I live together in Tampa but I have decided for quite some time now that I will propose in Chicago during Xmas Eve this year. I made it to be this day since we first met on Xmas Eve six years ago in Chicago.

I have way too many ideas and have narrowed a couple events for that day. Unfortunately I will be arriving at 1:30 PM that day from Tampa. So it''s pretty much ''crunch time'' and hopefully I will have enough time to do this. The plan is for the family members (aunts, uncles, sisters, parents, etc) to be waiting at their house for the
annual Xmas Eve dinner. What I had in mind was that I will be inviting my side of the family and also some of my girlfriends'' best friends to be there also. They would all be waiting for us around 8 PM.

So this leaves me from 1:30 PM to 8:00 PM window. I have read many wonderful ideas from this board and have decided to stick to my original idea: Signature Room (at the bar upstairs, not the restaurant) and a horse drawn carriage ride. After reading the posts here, my idea didn''t seem original at all, but rather cliche. But anyway, the reason for the carriage is that my girlfriend''s favorite fairytale is Cinderella and this was the closest thing w/o having to reenact the missing slipper thing. And for the Signature Room, since we will be having dinner at their parent''s place, I thought I would pick a place for drinks/appetizers with a nice ambiance and great view of Chicago''s skyline.

My problem now is figuring out where to propose... Signature Room overlooking the skyline or in the horse drawn carriage. I keep going back and forth. Just need an outside view or suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Klasniedryg

Rough_Rock
I am local in the area, and when I read your subject, I right away thought about answering you and to tell you to do it at the signature-room. Then as I read your posted message, I realized that you already had that in mind (we think alike).
Anyway, One of my best friends did a proposal at the signature room over a nice dinner last year. I had to film it on tape from the bar at the top. It went smoothly. Except for the waiter, since he was in, on the surprize.
I have 3 reason why you should do it inside.
1. There are many people around and trust me, they will all start clapping.
2. It is one of the best views of chicago. (very romantic)
3. It is nice and worm, unlike the cold ass chicago winter.

If you do like the cold weather, and the carriage ride is short, then I do think that it may be more original than the restarant/bar way of doing it.

Good luck. hope I helped

Chardin

Rough_Rock
Appreciate the feedback, Klasniedryg.

Yeah you are right about proposing outside. A friend of mine told me that she might want to keep looking at the ring afterwards. If we are out in the cold, she might end up having to use gloves and hence covering it.

As for Signature Room, I heard that the restaurant might have too many tourists taking pictures? Is this true? I really wanted to do it at the restaurant instead of the bar upstairs but I keep reading that I am forced to buy entrees not appetizers when dining.

Thanks again.

Chardin

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results