shape
carat
color
clarity

Christening Gown???? Where to buy one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,
You are an awesome group so I am hoping you all have some first hand knowledge on where to get a beautiful Christening gown. My friend asked me to baptize her baby and I was looking on line and they are so expensive. I was hoping to buy a beautiful one for about $70. Any suggestion would be appreciated!!!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
how old is the baby??

check this out http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/X5.aspx?DeptID=42249&CatID=42313&cmCatLevel=5&CmCatId=42249|42250|42311

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-Christening-Baptism-Baby-Girl-Dress-Gown-6-9mos_W0QQitemZ280074191159QQihZ018QQcategoryZ57834QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

also, what I did when we baptized our 2 little boys..

I had read in a bridal magazine about cutting the train from the wedding dress to make baby's baptismal outfit, so I had my aunt (a seamstress) cut the train from my Maggie and make a cape for my son. I used it for son #2 a yr later too..I loved getting to see my dress (at least part of it) and I figure the boys can use this for their kids someday if they want to!

Here is a pic of my son wearing it.

For an actual outfit, I know babies r us sells them and I think we got our from Kaufmanns, which is now Macy's, here...

andrew christening.jpg

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Babies R Us sells some that aren''t terribly expensive, and you can buy them online. Also JCPenney sells some online, not too expensive either. Nordstrom''s also sells some, they are hit or miss as to the cost.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I can''t be of any assistance to you, but wanted to tell Sophie that is absolutely sweet and so lovely. Sorry for the hijack!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Dillards, Macys, & I dont know if you have a Burlington near you but they have a bunch of really nice ones.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
oh yeah, how could I forget about Burlington! that is a good place too!!

(thanks Kimberly, I loved doing that with the dress!!)

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
My SIL got her daughter''s at Dillards earlier this month.

keh008_zi

It says it''s $54 at www.dillards.com.

And here''s baby Libby!

Libbybaptism01234.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,
You guys rock!!! I knew my SUPER Pricescope friends could help me!!! Those babies are too cute!!! Tell me more about your adorable babies! Libby is adorable and Sofie, your son is handsome!!! I can''t find the dillards like???
Thanks again.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
If you go to dillards.com & type christening gown they will pull up. The link doesnt work from here for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results