shape
carat
color
clarity

Christening, Ettiquette & ideas, please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello,
I appreciate all the help I got in picking the dress. I bought a gorgeous dress with bonnet, blanket w/cross and bib w/lace and cross.

Here is the tough part. What do I buy as a present? How much money do I give? Please let me know what you think. Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated. Thank you so much!!!!
12.gif
12.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 7:22:39 PM
Author:Skippy123
Hello,
I appreciate all the help I got in picking the dress. I bought a gorgeous dress with bonnet, blanket w/cross and bib w/lace and cross.

Here is the tough part. What do I buy as a present? How much money do I give? Please let me know what you think. Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated. Thank you so much!!!!
12.gif
12.gif
If you bought the christening outfit, blanket with cross, bib etc... Isn''t that your gift?? I missed your other thread.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess, but I thought I should maybe buy a cross, or money or something. I guess I am not quite sure if the outfit is enough.
Thanks for your thoughts Kaleigh.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I am greek Orthodox and it is traditional in our religion for the godparent to buy the cross.
I think you should ask the parents of the child, they may or may not want to do that themselves.... I would assume that being that you were asked to be involved that you must be close to the couple. Do you feel comfortable with talking to them about it.

other than that I don''t think that you need to to provide any other gift.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I missed it, too. Whose baby is it? I sort of think the outfit is enough assuming there are grandparents or other close friends involved. You need to leave some special things for them to give. And I would not give money. Maybe a sweet children''s book to commemorate the occasion would be nice.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sophie, it''s interesting that you mention Greek Orthodox and crosses. I am looking for a white gold or platinum cross and I have seen some beautiful ones that apparently are Orthodox that have the three little circles on each end of the cross. Would someone who is G.O. have a problem with a protestant Christian wearing a cross in that design? I didn''t want to do it if it symbolizes something different that what I''d be buying it for....if that is making sense to anyone besides me!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,
You guys are so sweet!
12.gif
Thank you for your help!

Okay, the baby is my friends 3rd child (a girl after having 2 boys). I met my friend 11 years ago working retail; she is very sweet. I would see her at church; I currently attend a different church. We talk about 4 times a year and see each other about 2 times a year. I attend her son's birthday parties and she knows my family and visits with them a little after church if she sees them. I consider her a wonderful and loyal friend even though I don't see her too often. We both are very busy or else we would see each other more.

About a month ago she asked me if I would baptize her baby girl along with her dear brother. I am very honored and excited!
The baptism will be in about 3 weeks.

I like the cross idea. I think I will do that because I am suppose to provide spirital guidance and that sounds like a lovely keep sake.

Sophie, we have a nice size greek Orthodox community here (I am not GO), but I do attend their yearly festival. It is wonderful to see such a tight knit community. They show their lovely dancing and wonderful food. My favorite is the baklava sundaes!!!
3.gif

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy, I agree with the others that you have been very kind and I think what you have already purchased will be fully appropriate as a gift - I don''t think you need to get anything else

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for helping me on this special event. I told her about the dress w/bonnet, blanket with embroidered cross, and lace and embroidered cross bib. She is very excited. I appreciate all your help!!!! Thanks again; you are the BEST
12.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 10:29:58 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Sophie, it''s interesting that you mention Greek Orthodox and crosses. I am looking for a white gold or platinum cross and I have seen some beautiful ones that apparently are Orthodox that have the three little circles on each end of the cross. Would someone who is G.O. have a problem with a protestant Christian wearing a cross in that design? I didn''t want to do it if it symbolizes something different that what I''d be buying it for....if that is making sense to anyone besides me!
It wouldn''t bother me!
3.gif

I think crosses are beautiful and symbolic of faith, so how could that be bad to anyone??

If it is the style you like, go for it!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 10:53:46 PM
Author: Skippy123
Hi,
You guys are so sweet!
12.gif
Thank you for your help!

Okay, the baby is my friends 3rd child (a girl after having 2 boys). I met my friend 11 years ago working retail; she is very sweet. I would see her at church; I currently attend a different church. We talk about 4 times a year and see each other about 2 times a year. I attend her son''s birthday parties and she knows my family and visits with them a little after church if she sees them. I consider her a wonderful and loyal friend even though I don''t see her too often. We both are very busy or else we would see each other more.

About a month ago she asked me if I would baptize her baby girl along with her dear brother. I am very honored and excited!
The baptism will be in about 3 weeks.

I like the cross idea. I think I will do that because I am suppose to provide spirital guidance and that sounds like a lovely keep sake.

Sophie, we have a nice size greek Orthodox community here (I am not GO), but I do attend their yearly festival. It is wonderful to see such a tight knit community. They show their lovely dancing and wonderful food. My favorite is the baklava sundaes!!!
3.gif
cool! what city do you live in? I have never heard of a baklava sundae, do they just serve the baklave with ice cream or something??
I used to dance in the troop when I was a teen and wear our traditional costume, ahhh the fun! lol

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
In sunny Albuquerque, NM. It is vanilla ice cream with honey drizzle and baklva crumbles; it is super YUMMY!!!! It actually coincides w/our Balloon fiesta so tourists can see the balloons and then go to the festival!!! It is pretty cool!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results