shape
carat
color
clarity

Chose outfits for engagement photos - makeup and hair help?

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Kohl's had a one day sale going on today, and I am so glad I stopped in there! I found outfits for our engagement photo shoot coming up next week! :bigsmile:

First, dressier photos in our little downtown area:

engagement%20pic%20outfits%20002.jpg

I love love love the colors in this sequined top, they are my favorites and I wear them well. I will wear black capri or full length pants with the top and black heels. FI will be able to wear black or khaki pants with his new shirt! These earrings complete the look:

engagement%20pic%20outfits%20004.jpg

Next, a more casual look for more pics in a local metropark:

engagement%20pic%20outfits%20001.jpg

The brown dress is by Chaps RL and was 50% off, plus I got an additional 15% off of that. SCORE. I have a lot of sandal options for this dress - will probably wear a nice pair of brown leather Liz Claibornes. FI will wear jeans with this sand colored shirt. These earrings go with the dress:

engagement%20pic%20outfits%20003.jpg

I still need to figure out makeup for my eyes and what to do with my hair - any suggestions? My eyes are brown, and the makeup I use on them has to work with both outfits. My hair is fairly thick, holds a curl, hangs to just above my bra strap, and I have blunt cut bangs. Thanks in advance!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Chose outfits for engagement photos - makeup and hair he

Never mind. I received much more help elsewhere. I seem to be forgetting that this is first and foremost a jewelry forum.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock

uh...that response was a little uncalled for...way to look like a four year old throwing a temper tantrum.

Hey just remember this is the section for brides.. aka most brides that have 1000 projects to do for themselves, plus the groom, plus dealing with family, plus about 100 other things. I'm pretty sure answering your thread in less than a few hours is a top priority. The forum slows down quite a bit at night (10pm...) and takes a bit to pick up in the morning. So just be patient in case anyone feels the need to actually answer you now.

The clothes look fine. In 20 years you or your kids will look back and say, "MOM (I can't believe) you/ I wore that!!" Regardless of what you wear anyways-- but that's the best part!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock

Ouch, HH and bean. Just letting people know not to waste their time, I got it covered. :wink2:

Sorry, but the tone that I took from your post was that it was snarky- if not, I apologize!

Are you wearing the outfit then?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock

Your last post after the pictures sounded pissy and petulant.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock

Well, read it however you want, you two. :naughty: Whatever gets you your daily dose of drama, right? LOL

Bean, yes, I am wearing the outfits. I posted them for ideas for others getting e-pics done and was looking for hair and makeup suggestions. Like I said, I am covered now - got help from some fashionistas elsewhere!

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock

I think the problem was that it's hard to give hair and makeup advice without a photo of your hair and face. I love the outfits though and am so glad you were able to get help elsewhere! Let us know how the e-pics go!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results