shape
carat
color
clarity

Choosing Between Two CBI

jsm0813

Rough_Rock
Hello all--been lurking/reading for a long time now, and I'm finally making my decision between two diamonds. Based on my online research as well as looking at diamonds in person, I decided to choose a round Cut By Infinity diamond, and I've narrowed it down to these two options:

Diamond 1: http://highperformancediamonds.com/shop/diamonds/HPD7593/?shop=yes

Diamond 2: http://highperformancediamonds.com/shop/diamonds/HPD7533/?shop=yes

I'm lucky enough to be near to an Infinity dealer, so I have seen both stones in person. They're both eyeclean, and they're both on budget. Visually, I am unable to tell any real difference between the two. So--while I'm thinking about it, I'd love to hear what any of the experts have to say, does anything stick out to you that would make you prefer one stone over the other?

Here's some pictures of the two, side by side (larger of the two always on the left), although my phone camera doesn't really do them justice. They are both beautiful!

img_10314.jpg

img_10315.jpg

_866.png

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So long as both are totally eyeclean, I prefer the slightly fatter arrows of the 2.08/left one.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Toss a coin, there's no wrong choice there. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If both eye clean then I'll pick the one on the left.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
telephone89|1451500790|3968530 said:
So long as both are totally eyeclean, I prefer the slightly fatter arrows of the 2.08/left one.

me 2!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them both! the CBI diamonds are beautiful.. if you buy one would you come back and show the finished product.. to me, these prices are excellent on over 2CTs!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tossing a coin is a good answer since they are virtually identical in specs (and there is nothing we can tell from those pictures). They are a perfect match for diamond stud earrings. I would buy whichever one is the cleanest. Ask them which is the cleanest stone. If you didn't look at them with a loupe (always important with SI1), have them do so. If they are exactly equal clarity-wise, then I choose the 2.08.

jsm0813

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your input! Never hurts that everyone said kind of what I was leaning towards internally anyway, and I am going to go with the 2.08.

diamondseeker2006 said:
Tossing a coin is a good answer since they are virtually identical in specs. They are a perfect match for diamond stud earrings. I would buy whichever one is the cleanest. Ask them which is the cleanest stone. If you didn't look at them with a loupe (always important with SI1), have them do so. If they are exactly equal clarity-wise, then I choose the 2.08.

I spent about 20 minutes today looking at both of them with a loupe, back and forth, as well as a third, similarly sized option that was an SI2. After a while, I was finally able to see the inclusion in the SI2 with my naked eye (or at least imagined that I could) and eliminated it. Even with a loupe, both of these diamonds were comparable. Like you said, perfect match for earrings, but that's for another day.

I will definitely be back to post pictures of the finished product!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome!!! You were a very thorough buyer! Wonderful choice! I think that is an outstanding diamond!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results