shape
carat
color
clarity

Choosing a diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

schlomster

Rough_Rock
I have been searching extensively at my local jewelers (who don''t want to show me 000 stones) and online, and am having trouble deciding how to chose which stone to buy. I have settled on super ideal stones from superbcert, but am wondering how much impact the difference from a D to H in color, or VS1 to SI1 in clarity will make in a super ideal stone? Has anyone seen comparisons side by side? Help...I''m losing my mind!!! (and my vision from the hours spent evaluating Bscope, HCA, megascope analysis online!)

Thanks.
confused.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Depending on your personal taste, ability to see, and room lighting you may see nothing different between an H SI1 and a D VS1 of the same diameter. Then again, you may be one of the "lucky" or "less fortunate" who can detect a little or even what they consider to be a great difference. That is going to cost you some money.

How about an F VS2? I doubt you could tell and it sure is not D VS1 in pricing.

Just adding one more layer to your confusion. Please forgive me.
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
The clarity difference will depend on many things, including the size of the diamond. However, clarity, IMO, is the least important factor as long as it's eye-clean. The cut is what impacts the beauty the most.

In terms of color, I found that the ideal cuts mask color really well, even side to side, face-up. That said, the normal person isn't going to notice that much of a difference between a D and an H even in a non-ideal stone.

If you're buying for a woman, and you know she wants the most bang for her buck (as opposed to the kind of woman who just *likes* knowing she has a better quality stone even if it's not visible), then I'd for the best cut, largest, H-color, eye-clean diamond I could.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results