shape
carat
color
clarity

Choice between these two diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crease123

Rough_Rock
Thanks Lorelei. Assuming that they don''t provide images, just from the numbers alone, which diamond would you say is better, #1 or #3?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2009 8:06:08 AM
Author: crease123
Thanks Lorelei. Assuming that they don't provide images, just from the numbers alone, which diamond would you say is better, #1 or #3?
Without images....I would probably go for the third but they could both be an excellent choice.

crease123

Rough_Rock
Sorry to be such a pain Lorelei, but may I enquire (once again) what are your reasons for picking 3 over 1?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2009 9:07:48 AM
Sorry to be such a pain Lorelei, but may I enquire (once again) what are your reasons for picking 3 over 1?
Not a pain at all and of course you may enquire!

My thoughts are as follows. First we don't have images such as ASET so my thoughts are based on limited knowledge here concerning each diamond.

The first diamond has a good angle range but GIA round these, so the diamond could be in fact a bit shallower or steeper with the crown and pavilion angles in particular. Not likely to be an issue either way in this case, however this diamond is preferable IMO without images to the AGS graded second diamond, where the angles are entering the steep deep zone, which can manifest as leakage. Again it might not be an issue but I would definitely want an image for the second diamond.

The third is AGS graded so more accurate measurements than GIA and these fall within a ' safe' area with the angle range. Also it is VS clarity graded, in diamonds of this size you might see something in SI2 ( not always but possible) so VS clarity in this case might be again ' safer' from an ' eyecleanliness' point of view.

crease123

Rough_Rock
Wow excellent stuff as usual Lorelei. Thank you so very much :) !

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2009 9:50:48 AM
Wow excellent stuff as usual Lorelei. Thank you so very much :) !
Most welcome!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results