shape
carat
color
clarity

chlorine & diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jenny

Rough_Rock
HI everyone! i was just wondering if it is ok to go into a pool w/ your diamonds? a long time ago a lady i workd w/ told me never to swim w/ your diamonds on because if there were a crack in the diamond the chlorine would turn it yellow?? i really hate taking my jewelry off everytime i want to go swimming!! anyone know the answer for sure???? thank you!

kpebbles

Shiny_Rock
hmm..i've never heard that, but maybe one of the experts could enlighten us about chlorine. my guess is that it's probably fine, but i still think it's a bad idea to go swimming in the pool or ocean with your ring on..i've heard they slip off easier than under normal conditions..

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
I have never heard that before, but I sure hope it isn't the truth. I never take my rings off just to go swimming. I actually wore mine all day in the pool.
10.gif

Jeweller

Rough_Rock
Hi,

There's no problems with swimming in chlorine or salt water with your diamonds on, it won't affect them at all.

Regards
Tracy

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Chlorine is fine for diamonds, but not good for gold. So if your setting is gold you should stash your ring away before going in the pool.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Esp. white gold, I should think.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, the chlorine will eat at the alloys and "honeycomb" your gold. Then when the prong snaps and you loose your stone you will be all cranky with your poor jeweler who did not even get to enjoy a dip in the pool that really caused your problem. Boo Hiss!

Wink

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
My jeweler told me to avoid putting my jewelry in chlorinated water and near any sort of bleach to prevent damage to the metal or stones. I don't swim so I don't have to sweat that but I take the rings off if I use any sort of cleaner.

jenny

Rough_Rock
Thank you to all who replied! but,i guess it looks like i'm still gonna be taking my jewelry off everytime i get into the pool!!haaha i guess its better safe than sorry!!

snowolf

Rough_Rock
i would like to ask how i can get my bracelet to sell

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results