shape
carat
color
clarity

Chivalry Still Lives On

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

focalmatic

Rough_Rock
Here is the original
post when I first received the ring.

The stage: L'Auberge Del Mar Resort & Spa
The date: Feb 7, 2006
Length of Relationship: 4 Years
Long Distance Time: 1 Year (San Diego/Las Vegas)

I was able to get three days of "LEAVE" (I'm in the Navy)this week from Tuesday to Thursday, so she planned on coming in this week. I won't be able to see her next week for Valentines....
15.gif

I booked a room at L'Auberge in Del Mar about two weeks ago and got their Romance package that included chocolates, champagne, and dinner for two at their restaurant.

During Superbowl weekend is when the preparations got hot and heavy. I contacted the concierge who was the sweetest lady in the world and I really felt that she wanted to personally make sure this went through without a hitch. After much discussion, we laid out the following gameplan:

1. An arrangement of pink roses and lilies will be sitting in the room when we arrive (to make up for not being able to see each other during Valentines) It even had a card with her name on it.

2. We will get a private table on the east patio overlooking a waterfall in their garden for dinner starting at 6 PM. I also asked for a portable heater, so we wouldn't turn into icicles...

3. While we were at dinner, the concierge would turn down the room, make a path of rose petals from the door to the bed, make an outline of a heart on the bed with rose petals, sprinkle rose petals and set up votives, have champagne and chocolates on the table, and play this CD I made.

So the stage is set and now it is all on me right?

Tuesday morning - I told my fiance
25.gif
to pack her things because we were going to take a little trip. I also got her nails done and just said it was just because (the truth is I knew we were going to do some handshots for ps LOL). We arrive in Del Mar and she is totally surprised. We check into the hotel and I make eye contact with the concierge who can tell that I need to keep it Mission Impossible style, but she gives me this "everything will be okay" look that put me at ease. We go up to the room and the flower arrangement was amazing. Probably the best one I've ever gotten for her. Step one was a hit! I cleaned up the room before we left and left a few of the lights on.

Next thing was dinner at 6 PM and it was very comfortable and relaxing. We felt like the only ones there because of the special table they set up for us. We felt very catered to and we always have a fun time whenever we dine out. The general manager of the restaurant knew I was going to propose, but I knew it wouldn't be at the restaurant. In talking to the concierge, we planned to have the room set up by 7:30, so I was doing a little clock watching. We finished up dinner and it was off to the room. Step Two was the best set up because she got very comfortable and "unsuspecting".

We walked up to the room and there was a "Privacy Please" sign on the door knob. My fiance was scratching her head because that wasn't there before. Then I opened the door and it was straight out of a movie - actually a movie couldn't even recreate this rush that we felt when it came together. The concierge did an incredible job. Instead of just truffles in a box, they did this special platter with chocolate covered strawberries and there was champagne on ice. The roses petals were beautiful and the votive candles lit up the room just perfectly. The CD I made was also playing in the background. I walked right in front of the bed with the rose petal heart on it, pulled out the ring, and got on one knee. The rest is history!

Pricescope is great - I have been smiling the whole time I've been writing this. I can put together a track listing of the CD if anyone wants it - my fiance sure did.

The flash really messes up the mood of the pictures because it was much much darker in the room, but at least you can see some of the details...

prop1.jpg

prop2.jpg

prop4.jpg

prop3.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
WOW, everything looks and sounds INCREDIBLE!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
9.gif

And now....ring pics please!
12.gif

Cohiba

Rough_Rock
Yikes! I''d say you got her by surprise. Way to go. You made it very special and romantic in process. Congrats!

focalmatic

Rough_Rock
Here''s a handshot the next day in Coronado...

handshotps2.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great job on the ring and also for making the proposal so special - she will never forget it! Chivalry INDEED lives on! Congratulations to you both
36.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
You''re a really sweetie!

What a fantastic proposal...and the ring is gorgeous!

Congratulations to both of you!

Blod
35.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Wow! It''s a wonderful ring and proposal!!! Congratulations!!
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow you really did a great job on the proposal!!! I loved reading it. The ring is gorgeous!! Congratulations!!
36.gif
36.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2006 8:07:46 AM
Author: focalmatic
Here''s a handshot the next day in Coronado...

handshotps2.jpg
This is the most PREPARED ring finger I''ve ever seen
1.gif

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Great job Jeff!!

From the ring design to stone selection to proposal details, you did a fine, fine job laying out the plans and you pulled it off too!

All the very best to you both!

Gary

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a romantic and thoughtful proposal! Everything looked beautiful and I can only imagine how romantic it must have been and how she must have felt...like a princess! Chivalry is not dead...far from it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results