shape
carat
color
clarity

Chinese Wedding Studio Photos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
Just got back from a LONG day of shooting Chinese wedding studio photos and man am I beat! Can you believe it took 8 hours!!! For those of you not familiar with Chinese wedding studio photography, it's the Chinese equivalent of "engagement photo sessions" that are popular in Asia (particularly Taiwan). My fiance went through 6 outfit AND hair changes (3 wedding gowns, 2 evening dresses, and a cheongsam (qipao). Outfit changes for me on the other hand were just a simple matter of changing a jacket / tie / vest. We get the proofs in a week so I will keep you guys updated! We took the photos at Promise Wedding Studios in Temple City.

Beth

Shiny_Rock
It is definitely hard work to spend that amount of time in front of the camera. I am sure the photos will be worth the effort though. I am excited to see the result. Please post some when you get them.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like a real classy tradition! Does this mean we will finally get to see what our dashing in-house doctor and his lucky fiance look like? Ooooh, can't wait Derek.
appl.gif
I'm just sure you are a lovely couple.
1.gif

Jaded Gem

Shiny_Rock
Hey Derekinla. Sounds like it was a lot of work for your fiancee to do all that outfit and hair changes.
errrr.gif
I hope my grand MIL won't make me do all that hair and outfit changing this coming August. I really, really, really hope not, but I guess I will have to accept it since it is "tradition," right? Anyway, good luck on your wedding day. Always smile and remember that this is a "once in a lifetime moment." Enjoy it while it lasts since I heard that some of these sort of wedding banquets can cost over 20K easily.
22.gif
At least be happy that you will remember that day. Although I'm sure it won't be hard to forget especially with all those pictures taken.
9.gif
Congratulations to both of you. I hope you will enjoy the moment!
appl.gif

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
My wife and I had our photos taken at a place just down the street from Promise. Under the best of circumstances that is a very long day, but it was even longer in my case as I was suffering from food poisoning and threw up all over myself in the car on the way there. I was sick the whole day and spent most of the time on the couch while my wife took pictures. Every so often they would have me get up and take a picture before lying down again. As a result, most of our pictures are of her alone but as her sister told her later, "The groom is just background anyway."
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Those pictures always turn out really well. I'm always amazed at how gorgeous the women turn out.

We, of course, skipped all of that. I *hate* being photographed! Can't wait to see how yours turned out!

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Hest...

You never 'mudded' did you?

I have a good friend who sounded exactly like you about photos.

win

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
can't wait to see the pictures!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I'm being dense Win, but I have no idea what "mudded" is!

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
*LOL* no, you're not dense at all Hest, if you had ever mudded you would know what it is. It's a forerunner of pretty much all 'chat', 'discussion groups' etc, was originally run on University servers and basically was an interactive program for group discussions, roleplaying, etc.

I had a good friend from Singapore named "Wai" on DragonMUD who was very like you in the fact she doesn't like having her pic taken. She married an American and has since settled in the SFbay area. I've not talked to her in a long time, and I was kinda hoping by some weird chance you were she. You know, six degrees of separation and all that!

win

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 6/15/2004 2:32:38 PM sumi wrote:

can't wait to see the pictures!----------------

Well, actually I just realized that some people may not want a picture of themselves of the internet (I am one of those people). So, I don't want to pressure you to posting something that you may not feel comfortable with. But, please let us know how they turn out!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Win, now that you put it in context, I actually have heard that term before. However, not having been a mudder I'm not familiar enough with it to place it out of context!
9.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
"Well, actually I just realized that some people may not want a picture of themselves of the internet (I am one of those people)"

Join the club...like I wanna post my picture and then become some pervs screensaver or something...lol (I flatter myself...)

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
Hmmmmmmmmm, Maybe I'll post some pics for a day or two and then have Leonid nix them. My wife is rather private about these things........
2.gif

squirerad

Shiny_Rock
Derek, congrats on the upcoming wedding. I have a question since I'm also comtemplating taking my pictures in the LA area: where else did you consider taking wedding photos at? Superidealist, chime in too if you can. My wedding will be in Southern Cali since that's where both the FI and my family reside.

squire

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Hey Squirerad -- nice place for your wedding! If you are a golfer, be sure to play the courses there. They are some of the toughest courses around, but lots of fun.

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
The pictures are so so important because you keep them forever! When my son got married, the photographer did an "expermimental" picture that they didn't think we'd be that interested in. It turned out to be the one we ALL wanted hanging on our wall. It was a shot of them coming down the aisle AFTER the ceremony...and it was in BLACK AND WHITE. The only color on the photo was the bouquet, with a few colored petals falling down on the runway. The effect was so great! Kind of an old fashioned look but with a splash of color. Ya just never know what will turn out to be the best....and often unp-lanned picture!

squirerad

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 6/22/2004 11:43:24 AM lop wrote:

Hey Squirerad -- nice place for your wedding! If you are a golfer, be sure to play the courses there. They are some of the toughest courses around, but lots of fun. ----------------

Lop, I know as much about golfing as I know about diamonds 6 months ago: you can charge me $500 for a round of golf at that place and I wouldn't know any better.

As for the location of the wedding, it's definitely not the best bang for the buck but we choosed it because the reception room (Colonial I and II) overlooks the valley where the house that I grew up and the high school I graduated from reside.

But re: the issue of Wedding Photography, anyone have any recommendations for a place in Southern Cal besides Promise?

squire

WendyT

Rough_Rock
Hi squirerad,
wavey.gif

I'm a newbie here and haven't learned enough about the sparklies here to comment about them yet but I do know enough about wedding photography studios. If you live around the San Gabriel Valley area, please head over to Temple City. There is a street in Temple City that consists of several blocks of nothing but bridal salons and wedding studios. The cross street you should start at is Las Tunas Drive and Rosemead Blvd and from there, just head east. You will immediately see these photography studios to the right and left of you but make sure you drive all the way down to Baldwin Avenue. (That's where it ends). You just can't miss it. I can't recall which day but I know for a fact that it's either Monday or Tuesday that everyone of these studios close as an agreement for fair competition. My aunt recently got married and hired a photographer and videographer from USA Photography Studio http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=Typ&tuid=9348877&ck=2376156799&tab=4&tcat=8120386&city=San+Gabriel&state=CA&zip=91776&uzip=91776&country=us&msa=4480&cs=5&ed=51ryXa1o2TxuvQ1njAPVlzGIg.z39w_eTKnhH3rO9Et_MQ--&stat=
3.gif
os:0:regular:regT:1:fbT:0 . They do excellent work for pictures during the wedding so you may want to check it out. But for wedding studio pictures, you may want to try Luke and Sylvia's Wedding Studio. I've heard from ALOT of people that this is one of the best places to have your pictures taken. The photographer, Luke, knows what he's doing and does it extremely well. It's also on Las Tunas Drive in Temple City. You can also try www.princessbride.com. They have three photographers who work there and two of them are my bf's best friends. They also do good work but don't take my word for it, I'm already biased.
2.gif

Hey derekinla! I just can't wait to see your pictures!!!
12.gif
I believe they are currently the newest studio opened on Las Tunas. I think they just opened a few years ago and their sample pictures look wonderful! Your pictures will turn out gorgeous!
appl.gif
Congrats!!!!

-Wendy

squirerad

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Wendy. I'm heading down to LA this weekend so I'll definitely stop by and check out the wedding studios.

Does anyone know if there is an equivalent area in the San Jose area, especially the South Bay/Silicon Valley?

squire

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 6/24/2004 9:12:24 PM squirerad wrote:

Does anyone know if there is an equivalent area in the San Jose area, especially the South Bay/Silicon Valley?
squire----------------

Some acquantences of mine have used The Dawson Studios http://www.thedawsonstudios.com/. (The most recent is Catalina and Shac, listed under 2004 weddings). They're very happy with their pictures, and love the photographers. I don't know the photographers personally, I didn't go to the weddings, but I heard a hell of a lot about em afterwards.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results