shape
carat
color
clarity

Chinese wedding invitations?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dknyc

Rough_Rock
Anybody know of good websites for Chinese wedding banquet invitations?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock

h2cards - Chinese invitations

This card company has a retail store located in San Francisco. I think they do accept order online or by fax also. They offer the most contemporary Chinese invitations I had seen.

kamdo - Chinese Invitations

This card company is located in Hong Kong. They accept international order by email contact. They charge a service charge of $200 Hong Kong dollars (~$26 US) for international order.

I am probably going to order my invitations from one of these two companies because they are more contemporary and less tacky than some of the more traditional looking Chinese invitations. Hope this helps

2.gif

dknyc

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I''ll check those out with my mom, ha. You''re right, definitely less tacky.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa, wait a minute. Traditional chinese invitations look the way they do to represent certain wishes for the married couple. They''re not supposed to just look pretty, they have a purpose. Red for good luck and Gold for money/wealth. I am from a chinese family and very involved in the culture, so "Tacky" would not be the best word to describe those invitations.
38.gif

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Got mine from www.hotaiprinting.com You can order by phone/fax. They have a card creator on their website to give you an idea of what your card will look like. However, it''s best to go to their retail store in Chinatown, San Fran. The samples in the stores show a lot more color and design options.

The basic card only costs $1.50 each per 100. You get the outer envelope, the invitation, response card, and response card envelope.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2005 5:49:23 PM
Author: aphisiglovessae
Whoa, wait a minute. Traditional chinese invitations look the way they do to represent certain wishes for the married couple. They''re not supposed to just look pretty, they have a purpose. Red for good luck and Gold for money/wealth. I am from a chinese family and very involved in the culture, so ''Tacky'' would not be the best word to describe those invitations.
38.gif
Well we are probably all from a Chinese family if we are looking for Chinese invitations. I don''t think the red and gold is tacky because my color scheme is red and gold with accents of ivory and green. I don''t think any of the symbols are tacky either (i.e. dragon and phoenix, and double happiness charater). I think it''s tacky when they try to put everything on the front of the invitations because it''s so clustered. I didn''t say "tacky" to disrecpect the culture; it''s strictly my opinions on the traditional Chinese invitations. I love our Chinese culture, and we are including a lot of it in our wedding. If anyone is offended by my opinions, I apologize.

BTW, I got my invitations a few weeks ago from kamdo. Here are some pictures. They ended up costing us $1.90 for the invitations, rsvps, and their envelops. That included the shipping and handling fee.

The Front
47b5d909b3127cce934e931bf3e700000016108QZtmzJwzce

The Back
47b5d909b3127cce934e931072dc00000016108QZtmzJwzce

The inside
47b5d909b3127cce934e931c72d000000025108QZtmzJwzce

The RSVP
47b5d909b3127cce934e930672ca00000016108QZtmzJwzce

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
nice invites qtiekiki!! i like the back, so cute!

ps. i personally loathe the uber traditional chinese invites that smell funny!! ugh! gives me a headache every time!
14.gif

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/8/2005 5:09:58 PM
Author: qtiekiki

Well we are probably all from a Chinese family if we are looking for Chinese invitations. I don't think the red and gold is tacky because my color scheme is red and gold with accents of ivory and green. I don't think any of the symbols are tacky either (i.e. dragon and phoenix, and double happiness charater). I think it's tacky when they try to put everything on the front of the invitations because it's so clustered. I didn't say 'tacky' to disrecpect the culture; it's strictly my opinions on the traditional Chinese invitations. I love our Chinese culture, and we are including a lot of it in our wedding. If anyone is offended by my opinions, I apologize.

Well first off, if someone is looking for Chinese invitations I certainly DON'T assume that they are of Chinese descent. The asian theme for a wedding is extremely popular and I've grown tired of those people using a few invitations with some asian lettering on it and having a lantern or two, and then claiming they are having a traditional Chinese wedding. You'd be surprised how many blond-haired, blue-eyed couples are having an asian themed wedding these days.

As for the "tacky" comment, I didn't take offense really. I just thought it was a bad choice of words. If you thought they were clustered, it would have been better to say just that. "Tacky" is just such a bad word to describe something, especially when it is traditional to a certain culture.

snow

Rough_Rock
Try this designer:

http://www.hapaculture.com/invite.html

Her work is very elegant and beautiful. They are all customized and you can have a lot of input as to your theme, color, specification. The designer (I forgot her name) was very detail oriented and artistic and creative. She has won award for her design too.
My sister has her invitation done by Hapa Culture and she got so many compliments. 300 invites were send out and only 6 people couldn''t make it.
One guest said that the invite was so beautiful that he just had to come to the wedding to see the grandeur for himself.

hearts set

Shiny_Rock
http://www.peculiarpairpress.com/#

This company did a custom job (scroll to sara and kevin)

It was a blend of cultures and I think the result was charming.

I''m sure $$$$, but so sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results