shape
carat
color
clarity

Children’s Home 13yr Old’s Christmas list VANS

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
I was wondering if anyone with young teen girls can help me out here?

I have a Christmas wish list from a 13 year old girl that’s currently living in a Children’s home. I don’t know her and have no way to get any further information about her preferences other than what limited information was on her list.

One of the things she wanted were some Vans, size 9. But she didn’t specify slip on or tie or anything alse about style or color.

Here’s what I know: Colors she likes are blue, pink and purple. Dislikes black. Likes Victoria Secret clothes,Vans and Puma shoes. She listed Vans in two places, so I thought I would get those over the Pumas. Likes the Packers, horror books, Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn, rocks and models, and wants a Hatchimal.

Based the above preferences, which Vans should buy?

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter will be 13 next month. She wears the tie Van's. The slip ons are hard for a lot of people to wear, if they don't fit perfectly, they are uncomfortable.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would bet she meant the slip on kind... I find them uncomfortable but everyone seems to love them?

While a solid color is a safe bet, for somebody who likes horror and the specific comic characters listed, these also seem really cool:

(edited to fix the link since it linked to the wrong shoe - though I guess if she doesn't like black maybe these wouldn't be good?)

Also the 90s and early 2000s are back and my younger cousins all dress like they fell out of a Delia’s catalogue circa 1998.

Also re: Batman and Harley Quinn, Hot Topic and Box Lunch usually have stuff.

eta2: I'm just going to look through Hot Topic for you since there are like 2000 things in the Batman tag. I'll pull out and link ones that might be good.

Last edited:

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
I’m pretty sure she put down horror books. I’m having a little trouble making out her list. I ordered a Hatchimal, since she specifically asked for one. But that kind of looks like a kid toy, and now I’m thinking she meant something else?

I’ll attach her list. Do you all think that it says Hatchimal?

I was also thinking of getting one of those science kits where you break open the rocks with a hammer. I thought her list said rocks and models, but now I’m thinking rocks and marbles?

Attachments

• 89DAC6CD-5461-4231-A675-87E5BE87905F.jpeg
    89DAC6CD-5461-4231-A675-87E5BE87905F.jpeg
    254 KB · Views: 53

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh yeah that's pretty hard to read. hmmm.

Rocks and marbles could definitely be it - I certainly collected shiny rocks and marbles at that age and, uh, never stopped, as my presence here attests.

If "hachable" isn't "hatchimal" then I don't know what it could be? If I put it into google it just comes back with Hatchimals. However if she likes stuffed animals with big eyes, a Hatchimal certainly fits the bill?

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh God, that list is structured terribly. Whoever wrote the prompts, they are not going to get useful answers!

She might not want a truck at all, nevertheless the sheet asked her if she put model cars together so she wrote something -- and her literacy level is not that high so who knows whether she understood the question or the purpose behind it.

From that all you can tell is she cares about shoes, cute accessories and probably will like some girly things like scents and colours (pink in particular). And she has a thing for the batman universe. I think the hatchimol was a good move -- that looks to be what she is asking for.

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I was very frustrated by the format of this list. My quess is she probably doesn’t want anything football or Packers either, but just filled in the blanks. I thought maybe I would get her a nice Victoria Secret hoodie from their PINK line, but then no sizes are listed. I’m going to just have to do the best with the info. I have.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that it sounds like she likes girly things. Putting Victoria's Secret as her favorite store and liking their Pink perfume! Such a 13-year-old-girl move! If you have some mini perfume sample bottles (more than the little vials - like what you get as a GWP) she may enjoy those.

Ugh Harley Quinn stuff is so hard because on the one hand I totally get why she's so popular right now but on the other hand roughly everything about HQ is the opposite of what I would try to convey to a 13-year-old about being a girl.

Potential "stocking stuffer" type things:

These Pop figures... I have so many literally well over 50 of them... most of the nerdy people I know have a wall covered in pop funkos... the only reason I shop at Hot Topic is because they have limited edition ones like this... this one is extra cool because it's HQ as ROBIN aka Batman's sidekick, not as a villain:

Other pop funko Harley Quinns:

This one is a classic costume, has the mallet (all the middle-schoolers dressed as Harley Quinn who came to my house trick-or-treating had the mallet), and isn't a miniskirt costume:

A shirt but I guess she didn't fill out clothing size?

If it was one of my cousins, I would get them this, but right there in the summary it says when she's kicked out of home she goes to live with drag queens so when you don't know what the caretakers think that might be touchy:

IN GENERAL though DC is killing it by recruiting popular YA authors to write graphic novels about their characters as teens. Since many of the women are villains, their stories are reworked to give them a heroic if antiestablishment bent. Here are some others - while I have not read them yet I have read multiple other books by these authors and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them for teens... your giftee doesn't appear to write at that high a level but even if she has trouble reading may like the pictures:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I was very frustrated by the format of this list. My quess is she probably doesn’t want anything football or Packers either, but just filled in the blanks. I thought maybe I would get her a nice Victoria Secret hoodie from their PINK line, but then no sizes are listed. I’m going to just have to do the best with the info. I have.

Is it possible that you can get follow-up info from the organizers on the size? Otherwise for a hoodie I guess it doesn't hurt to get a large, since large hoodies are super comfy even if you're a small person.

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
Is it possible that you can get follow-up info from the organizers on the size? Otherwise for a hoodie I guess it doesn't hurt to get a large, since large hoodies are super comfy even if you're a small person.

I had thought about trying that. I may call tomorrow and see if I can find out.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful. Thank you.
if her foot is a size 9 she is almost full grown so I’d get Women’s Large in clothing. Larger is always better than being too small.

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

If she asked for size 9 vans and is a young teenager, she likely is pretty big. My niece is 15 and slim athletic. For what it’s worth, She always asks for medium or large sweatshirts.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Just posting to say it's super kind of you to put this much effort into brightening a child's holiday. Thank you for making the world a better place.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results