shape
carat
color
clarity

Chicago/Illinois Pricescopers - Who are your favorite Jewelers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I would feel so comfortable using a jeweler near me to create my ering. I''d love to know who you all go to and trust!

Thank You!
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Angel, there are a couple of different ways to answer this question.

I''m not sure if you have a diamond already, but if not, for pure INVENTORY I would check out New York Jewelers at 11 N. Wabash, ask for David Rosenwasser. They carry by far the largest selection of in-house stones that I''ve found in the City. (Note I''m not saying to necessarily *buy* from NYJ, but to check them out for options. If you do decide to buy from them I think you''ll find their prices about 3-5% above internet prices--at least that has been my experience.) One caveat: I''ve never been happy with their stone setting so make sure you let them know up front that you are UBER picky and will only accept something that is perfectly set.

If you don''t have a stone but know exactly what you want I would call Mike Gale, 312-920-0075. He doesn''t carry a large inventory but he''s good about bringing in stones. He also uses a GREAT jeweler to make settings and he will work with you on what you want.

If you have a stone and want to see settings go to Marshall Pierce at 29 E. Madison, 6th Floor, and ask for Jim Bern. They have a limited selection of settings in the cases, but they have a LOT of trays of designer settings in the back that they can bring out for you.

Those are my 2 cents, for what they''re worth. I''ve dealt with all of these people and would go back to each one of them.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, thanks so much Dee Jay! Glad to hear all the reccomendations and experiences you''ve had.
It''s so helpful. I will keep you posted!

Thanks again!
36.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
I would recommend Berwyn Jewelers in Berwyn, IL. This is a suburb just west of Chicago on Roosevelt Rd.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/21/2007 4:46:26 PM
Author: dixie94
I would recommend Berwyn Jewelers in Berwyn, IL. This is a suburb just west of Chicago on Roosevelt Rd.
Dixie - Has that place been around for a while. I''m 90% positive my mom got her ering there! ( I was just looking at the receipt and that name is just popping out at me!)

Thanks!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My $.02= Martin & Martin in Oak Lawn, Merry Richards in Oakbrook Terrace, and Cottage Hill Diamonds in Elmhurst. Good luck!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Monarch!
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
My last trip there, i went into Goldin''s. I don''t know if they do custom but they were very nice and carry a ton of designers. I met with a gentleman named Terri and he was wonderful..

Goldin Jewelers, Inc.
645 North Michigan Avenue - Third Floor
Chicago , IL

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/21/2007 10:30:34 PM
Author: Angel7
Date: 12/21/2007 4:46:26 PM

Dixie - Has that place been around for a while. I''m 90% positive my mom got her ering there! ( I was just looking at the receipt and that name is just popping out at me!)

Thanks!

Yep, I believe it has been there for awhile. It''s a family place and they are extremely nice and helpful. My ering was bought there and the matching band. I also planned to get a custom piece done there but may go elsewhere for other reasons.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burdeen''s Jewelry in Buffalo Grove, Illinois.

They are absolutely amazing. Give them a call, they''ll go above and beyond to get you exactly what you want. We''re never going to buy jewelry anywhere else now that we''ve found Burdeen''s, I''m not even exaggerating.

Good luck!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/23/2007 7:54:50 PM
Author: Haven
Burdeen''s Jewelry in Buffalo Grove, Illinois.

They are absolutely amazing. Give them a call, they''ll go above and beyond to get you exactly what you want. We''re never going to buy jewelry anywhere else now that we''ve found Burdeen''s, I''m not even exaggerating.

Good luck!
Great website! They have some beautiful pieces. I can''t wait to actually start visiting some of these places. Thanks Haven!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh Angel, I''m so excited for you, what a fun time! I had the best experience creating my e-ring, and Burdeen''s and Pricescope were definitely responsible for that. Try on everything, and then take pictures and post them for us!

If you go to Burdeen''s tell them you found them through PS, they''ve actually gotten a couple of calls from Pricescopers since I posted my e-ring thread, so they''ll laugh when they hear that you found them through PS!

I have to say it is so nice to be able to go in once a week to have my ring checked and cleaned, and of course I always get to try on gorgeous pieces!

Have fun!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Haven, thank you so much! I will definitley go check them out! It is very exciting but nervewracking..I want to make sure we make good decisions and actually get quality!
My bf is "stuck" on going with this jeweler in LA who his best friend got an ering from. I personally would feel more comfortable going with a "local" vendor who I can go to when something goes wrong or where I can actually touch and see the merchandise.
I told my bf we could go to the jewelry show in Rosemont (Jan) to meet his guy but I feel odd getting a fine jewelry piece from a "tradeshow".
I will definatley keep you posted and post any pics I get!
Thanks so much for the help!

Have a Happy New Year!

ETA: Thanks for the tip on the pricescope discount..that's great to know! Just checked out your ering...WOW! It is beautiful! Love it!
30.gif
30.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Angel...if your BF definitely has his heart set on going to the jeweler in LA that is fine. Your ring doesn''t have to come from a local B&M store even though it would be nice and would have its advantages as you''ve described. You might just mention to your BF that no matter where your ring comes from, you would like to establish a relationship with a jeweler here in the Chicagoland area so you could have someone to take your ring to to inspect the prongs and clean it from time to time (unless you plan to fly to LA without fail every six months or any time you feel like visiting that jeweler for whatever reason.) It''s just a good idea in general to have a jeweler you feel comfortable going to for any jewelry need, whether it involves your e-ring or not. Many couples buy their wedding bands, watches or other important or sentimental pieces from their jewelers, and if you are going to be here (Chicago) for any length of time then even if your e-ring comes from some other state, again, it is nice to have a jeweler somewhat close by who you can go to for whatever reason.

My advice is for you and your BF to just visit jewelers for fun when you have spare time, it doesn''t have to be some major outing where you are looking to buy...just go to any of the above-mentioned or others you may have found yourself and familiarize yourselves with them and see who you''re comfortable with, and which ones are in close proximity to you. And have fun! A great jeweler is not going to expect that every time you walk in his/her door, you''re going to make some major purchase, or any purchase at all, for that matter. You might just stop by and browse while they clean your rings or earrings or whatever, and enjoy looking at or trying on what they have to offer, and they should never have a problem with that.

Good luck, Angel!
35.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Monarch. Your whole thread is good advice! We''ve gone to try on rings for fun but we''ve just been to mall stores and I know I do not wish to purchase from those.
We do plan on going and visiting jewelers and shopping around. I agree, I need to establish a relationship. Espeically since I plan on getting Pave and from what I''ve read, having some stones replaced is VERY common.
I plan on going to all that have been suggested here. I''m so grateful for all the help and knowledge on this board!!

Thanks again!

orangemonster

Rough_Rock
Hi - when I was looking to change my ering from invisible set to channel set, I found a great jeweler in Joliet/Naperville (2 stores). They are Newstar Jewelers and they have the only female master bench jeweler in the state onsite at their Joliet store.

This woman was FANTASTIC! She LITERALLY recreated my ring PERFECTLY, down to ever nook and cranny. I was very very pleased with the result! They do custom work and have high end designer pieces too. They are worth a look... Ellen manages the Joliet store and her husband manages the Naperville store (they own the business). They are also AGS and JA certified.

Here is a link: http://www.newstarjewelers.net/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results