shape
carat
color
clarity

CHI, BaByliss or other hair dryers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I am shopping for a new hair dryer and having trouble sorting through all the options! The amount of options and the reviews are overwhelming. I have thick, wavy hair and I like to dry it straight. I want a dryer that will be fast and help eliminate frizz. I''d like to spend about $100 although I could be convinced to spend a little more for the right thing. I read the previous threads about the T3 but I think that is more than I want to spend.

has anyone had personal experience with the CHI or BaByliss? The sheer number of models is overwhelming. I saw a CHI Turbo which was $159 at Ulta (and a little cheaper online) and then they have a cute one that''s pink but only has 1300 watts of power - not sure if that is enough. I used a friend''s BaByliss while visiting her in the UK and it was awesome, but of course the model numbers are different over here. They are very reasonable, about $60 online, but my stylist and previous stylist both used the CHI on me and I really liked it so I''m leaning that way. I may end up buying the straightening iron too, but I plan to start with the dryer and see if I can achieve the results I want with it.

Recommendations and thoughts appreciated!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Thanks MC! I''ll check that out!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to report back that I got the CHI pro and I really like it! I compared it in person with the CHI Turbo. The Turbo was quite a bit more in the store but I saw it on Overstock.com for a great price so I was considering ordering it from there. Anyway, I could not tell any difference between the pro and the turbo in terms of its power or features, so I bought the Pro from the local store. it was on sale and I had a coupon so I only paid $102 for it. It''s the one my stylist uses so I figure good enough for her, good enough for me! I''ve used it twice now and I am very pleased (although I may still order a straightening iron; it doesn''t get my hair as straight as I had hoped, but it does seem to cut down frizz.)

Oh, and another thing about CHI - if you buy it through an internet vendor the warranty is void thru the manufactoror. Just a heads up, as I didn''t see this info on the CHI website. It was in the instructional booklet that came with it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results