shape
carat
color
clarity

Chest xray while nursing?

Newjewels

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies,

Just wondering if any of you have had to get chest xrays while nursing?

I have been coughing due to a lingering cold, and I have a really bad pain on the right side of my ribcage in one spot. A similar thing happened while I was pregnant (ds is now almost 8 months old) and my OB said viruses can cause costochondritis which I may have gotten after a cold while I was pregnant. I thought maybe the baby was pressing on a nerve, but the pain did go away after a long time.

Unfortunately, it has come back in the same spot, a very focal right sided rib pain. I want to go have it checked out because the pain can be really severe and I want to make sure this is nothing to work about. I think I may need xrays, but since I am breastfeeding I am slightly concerned that the procedure could have a negative effect on my milk.

Anyone ever have xrays taken while nursing, and if so were there any recommendations made regarding nursing or risks to a breastfeeding baby?

Thanks for your input :)

Newjewels

Shiny_Rock
Oops... Meant "worry about" not work about!

Newjewels

Shiny_Rock
It sure is!

As always, Pandora, very helpful. Thank you so much! :)

BTW, I am reading 1-2-3 Magic (almost done) and have purchased the DVD to watch too, just to make sure I understand it all well before starting.

Thanks again! :)

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I had one while breastfeeding, they didn't mention anything to me about issues with milk.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, I'm tired and I understood this literally...WHILE nursing???? of course not, put the baby down first! :lol:

I hope you feel better soon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results