shape
carat
color
clarity

Cherry Blossom Wedding Invitations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tachi

Rough_Rock
hi everyone!
i saw some really nice cherry blossom wedding invitations in the martha stewart summer wedding magazine. i''ve looked all over the internet but i can''t seem to find anything like them. does anyone know where i could get something like that?

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
www.Paper-girl.com makes great invitations. Here is a link to one she does with Cherry blossoms.

http://www.paper-girl.com/weddingport2.html

at least I think those are cherry blossoms....

tachi

Rough_Rock
thanks for the reply ivanadiamond.
the invitations i'm looking for are letterpressed ones. so i'm thinking i'll have to go custom on them. or maybe just save the money and get printed invitations.

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
papersource.com has something called 'cherry blossom' they are a DIY kit though.

tachi

Rough_Rock
thanks cmcwill.
1.gif

i love the invitations there... they're so pretty!! i've already sent the link too my fiance to see what he thinks.

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
I'm going DIY myself! I'm using the envelopments style pocketfold invite. I'm not sure where I'm going to get them printed though. If you end up choosing the papersource kit, maybe we can be DIY buddies!
1.gif

Colleen

tachi

Rough_Rock
hi colleen,
have you already ordered the papersource kit? i'm wondering about paper quality, whether it looks the same as online, etc. i live in canada so i want to be extra sure before i order anything. i am thinking about ordering the sample so i can see in person before i order a whole kit.

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
No I haven't ordered from there yet. If I use the kit, it will be for my programs so I have some time. I think getting a sample is a great idea though!

Colleen

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
papersource.com isn't pulling up... has anyone else had this problem?

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Its paper-source.com

1.gif

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Tachi,

Re: Quality of Paper Source.... I am familiar the stuff Paper Source sells, as I've gotten X-Mas card making supplies there before. In the physical stores, I haven't seen anything of a low quality there.

I can't speak to the other states with Paper Source locations, but the ones in Illinois (and Georgetown in DC coming soon!) are in areas that are generally considered a little bit more chic (North Shore of Chicago) than other local neighborhoods. It's definitely considered on the "high end" of places that allow you to DIY.

tachi

Rough_Rock
colleen: when is your wedding? mine is july 17th so i still have a ton of time to decide about invitations, programs, etc. but i feel like i need to order stuff and decide on things now. i need to calm down huh?

abradabra.: thanks for the reply on paper quality

KookyBird

Rough_Rock
Hi Tachi!

I think I know the ones you're talking about...cream-colored letterpress with a dark pink cherry branch & flowers? The magazine originally published that the invitations were done by "SohoLetterpress" (212-334-4356, [email protected]), but I think they corrected that info in the next magazine...actually, the design is from A2 Paperie (718-596-6778). They're website isn't up yet, but you can email them for information at [email protected].

And if you think you should calm down, then I really need to chill...our wedding isn't til spring 2006!!
2.gif

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
My wedding is april 8th 2005 so I really need to get a move on!! I'm making my own envelopments pocketfolds and still need to pick the colors! i am working with a dbs (discount bridal service) lady. lynn at savvybride.com. she is great! i ordered my non-diy save the dates through here and saved 30% of carlson craft retail. she lives in ca and i live in nj but we have been emailing back and forth.

this week im picking though! lol

tachi

Rough_Rock
hi kookybird
i just got the new martha stewart and noticed the correction as well. thanks. hopefully they'll have their website running soon so we can see what else they have.

amyi

Rough_Rock
I saw some really classy cherry blossom invitations on www.whiteaisle.com

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know how the cherry blossom invitations on Martha Stewart look like. But the Pulp Studion has a nice cherry blossom theme invitations.

a2paperie

Rough_Rock
Hi All
I am the designer/partner in A2 Paperie and yes, the cherry blossom invitation information in the original issue of Martha Stewart Living was incorrect. (I forgive them, I worked for the company for 6 years!!)
Our company, A2 Paperie designed them.
Anyone can email us at [email protected].
We are working on a new line of products and invitations as well as baby announcements, imprintables, holiday cards and products for the office.

Anyone who wishes to be on a mailing list can also email us.
Jill

LIBride2Be

Rough_Rock
Actually, the cherry blossom invitations that are in the Martha Stewart springsummer issue are from Hellolucky.com. I inquired about these invitations about 2 months ago and rec''d the actual sample featured in the magazine. If you are interested, please email [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results