shape
carat
color
clarity

Cheney''s Daughter Pregnant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Yay for her and her partner! I wonder how Cheney''s dealing with it... (haha)

*M*

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I''m with poptart, yeah for her and her partner. I wish her a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to her and her partner!! It must be difficult for Dick to have a lesbian daughter being the extreme conservative he is, but also really good for him since he is forced to stretch and understand.

mtrb

Shiny_Rock
Good for the adults, but poor kids. School children can be so cruel. I watched this happen before. They understand before it is even brought up that something is wrong with two mommies or daddies. They get made fun of. It is unfortunate that it must be a learned behavior to accept it, but we if we keep forcing it perhaps it will be accepted eventually.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
From what I have read Dick Cheney and his wife are very accepting and supportive of their daughter.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think anything is "wrong", just different.

Different is okay.

Hatred and bigotry is shrinking every day.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s great!! I wish her and her partner all the best!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
mtrb, I agree. I have a friend who teaches a boy who has two mom''s. The kids don''t pick on him yet, but his older brother is made fun of.

From what I''ve heard the senior Cheney''s are accepting.

It would be very difficult to have your private life on display because of who your parents are.

mtrb

Shiny_Rock
There is a child in the preschool my mother teaches at. He is singled out, and looked at differently. He is embarrassed to have two moms and has cried about it in the passed. My mother could only say to him "that he is lucky, because some children have no moms at all". Smart on my mothers part I think. The kids still know there is something wrong though. I think it is part of human (if not animal) nature to treat differences this way.. I believe this is at our core. To tolerate is what needs to happen, that said toleration is different from acceptance. I just think people need to be more focused on what it does to the kids rather than just themselves.
The child is now in counseling to work on these issues.
I appreciate not being attacked. It seems in these days, we are not allowed to have independent opinions on such matters without being called racist, bigot, or homophob. It is unfortunate our society is coming to a point where all opinions are not acceptable in how our culture is moves forward. The minority seems to rule the majority by tactics unbecoming of a democracy.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s becoming more accepted which is good. One of my best friends in high school had "two mothers" and no one really talked about it. But we were in San Francisco.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results