shape
carat
color
clarity

Checking in, been gone awhile

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh more nice posts from my terrific pricescope friends - you guys really know how to make a gal feel good!
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s nice to hear from you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/18/2009 12:24:55 AM
Author: Sundial

Date: 2/17/2009 9:36:03 PM
Author: Chrono

Date: 2/17/2009 6:17:37 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Date: 2/17/2009 9:58:28 AM
Author: Sundial

By the way I am going on four years now with my Hearts on Fire three stone ring and I still haven''t lost a single tiny diamond from the micropave, but I have lost two stones now from that darn Tiffany Swing three row ring!
I am seriously wondering if it is because the HOF ring is white gold and the Tiffany is platinum. Maybe the platinum is too soft or something.
How odd because I''ve read the exact opposite here; I recall many PS vendors recommending pave and micropave work to be done in PT and do not recommend WG a few years ago.
The second time I lost a little diamond from the Tiffany ring I just took it to my local bench jeweler to replace the stone. He said, for what its worth, that platinum is more malleable than white gold and that it is easier for stones to work loose from the setting. He also told me that my Tiffany ring takes more abuse because it is an eternity ring with the stones all the way around.

And more posters to my thread! Thank you all so very much for the warm welcome back to pricescope!!! It is wonderful to hear from you all.
Yes, I suspect the jewelers prefer to work with the platinum because it is more malleable. Doesn''t mean it holds the stones in better!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome back
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results