shape
carat
color
clarity

Check out this Hermes Birkin

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.futurefashionista.com/hehacohac32p.html

Do you think the price is reasonable?

The other thing is they only ship to the US!! If the price is acceptable, I might try and get it next time DH and I are in the US!
3.gif
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats a great price and I don't think you can get pigskin from Hermes nowadays, lovely HAC!!!
30.gif
The Ebay listings aren't active...

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2009 11:25:09 AM
Author: Lorelei
Thats a great price and I don't think you can get pigskin from Hermes nowadays, lovely HAC!!!
30.gif
Yay!! Isn't it?!!
30.gif

I thought it was my laptop!!
19.gif
. Glad to know it isn't.

Lorelei, dear, I know you have some gorgeous Hermes. Do you have a thread on them? Would LOVE to drool over them!
2.gif
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2009 11:33:25 AM
Author: Phoenix

30.gif
Yay!! Isn't it?!!
30.gif

19.gif
. Glad to know it isn't.

Lorelei, dear, I know you have some gorgeous Hermes. Have you posted a thread about them? Would LOVE to drool over them!
2.gif
1.gif
Hehehe!!! Tis beautiful!!!

I don't have any pics posted but here are the specs of my 3 bags, I am a Kelly girl!

Black box Kelly from the 1960's with GHW 28cm retourne

Gold courcheval sellier Kelly with contrast stitching and GHW 32 from 1977

Rouge H courcheval sellier Kelly with GHW from 1991

I would like just one more Kelly to complete my collection....
27.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2009 11:36:31 AM

Date: 7/13/2009 11:33:25 AM

30.gif
Yay!! Isn't it?!!
30.gif

19.gif
. Glad to know it isn't.

Lorelei, dear, I know you have some gorgeous Hermes. Have you posted a thread about them? Would LOVE to drool over them!
2.gif
1.gif
Hehehe!!! Tis beautiful!!!

I don't have any pics posted but here are the specs of my 3 bags, I am a Kelly girl!

Black box Kelly from the 1960's with GHW 28cm retourne

Gold courcheval sellier Kelly with contrast stitching and GHW 32 from 1977

Rouge H courcheval sellier Kelly with GHW from 1991

I would like just one more Kelly to complete my collection....
27.gif

WOOOOWWWW!! YUMMO!!
30.gif
30.gif

I love both Kelly and Birkin. Still don't have one yet though. Hopefully, I can get the one I posted above, that's if some lurker doesn't snatch it from me!
31.gif

Do you have a favourite amongst them? I'd love to have your Rouge H Kelly, but they're ALL gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif

If you don't mind my asking, how do you manage to get vintage Hermes? They're even more difficult to get hold of than the current Hermes? You lucky girl!
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2009 11:41:30 AM

WOOOOWWWW!! YUMMO!!
30.gif
30.gif

I love both Kelly and Birkin. Still don't have one yet though. Hopefully, I can get the one I posted above, that's if some lurker doesn't snatch it from me!
31.gif

Do you have a favourite amongst them? I'd love to have your Rouge H Kelly, but they're ALL gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif

If you don't mind my asking, how do you manage to get vintage Hermes? They're even more difficult to get hold of than the current Hermes? You lucky girl!
1.gif
I hope you can get it, if not there are other bags out there and I know of some good places to look....
27.gif

Oh goodness.....do I have a favourite.....I don't think so, they are all so special in their own ways. The black Kelly is so beautiful, the leather just glows. I have been very lucky to find three bags in excellent condition but I have been studying and comparing these bags for years which has helped me spot a good one. Mine came from France, investigating sellers whom are extremely reputable and just luck really - when you find a good one you have to pounce as there are others out there chasing them too - my Rouge H I snapped up within a couple of hours of it being listed for sale, I knew it would go fast and I jumped! SO glad I did!
30.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2009 1:16:52 PM

WOOOOWWWW!! YUMMO!!
30.gif
30.gif

I love both Kelly and Birkin. Still don''t have one yet though. Hopefully, I can get the one I posted above, that''s if some lurker doesn''t snatch it from me!
31.gif

Do you have a favourite amongst them? I''d love to have your Rouge H Kelly, but they''re ALL gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif

If you don''t mind my asking, how do you manage to get vintage Hermes? They''re even more difficult to get hold of than the current Hermes? You lucky girl!
1.gif
I hope you can get it, if not there are other bags out there and I know of some good places to look....
27.gif

Oh goodness.....do I have a favourite.....I don''t think so, they are all so special in their own ways. The black Kelly is so beautiful, the leather just glows. I have been very lucky to find three bags in excellent condition but I have been studying and comparing these bags for years which has helped me spot a good one. Mine came from France, investigating sellers whom are extremely reputable and just luck really - when you find a good one you have to pounce as there are others out there chasing them too - my Rouge H I snapped up within a couple of hours of it being listed for sale, I knew it would go fast and I jumped! SO glad I did!
30.gif
Thank you, my dear.

I know you posted some links for me before. Do you have others? I''d like to do some more research and look around a bit more before I buy. Thanks.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 1:28:45 AM

Date: 7/13/2009 1:16:52 PM

WOOOOWWWW!! YUMMO!!
30.gif
30.gif

31.gif

30.gif
30.gif

1.gif
27.gif

Oh goodness.....do I have a favourite.....I don't think so, they are all so special in their own ways. The black Kelly is so beautiful, the leather just glows. I have been very lucky to find three bags in excellent condition but I have been studying and comparing these bags for years which has helped me spot a good one. Mine came from France, investigating sellers whom are extremely reputable and just luck really - when you find a good one you have to pounce as there are others out there chasing them too - my Rouge H I snapped up within a couple of hours of it being listed for sale, I knew it would go fast and I jumped! SO glad I did!
30.gif
Thank you, my dear.

I know you posted some links for me before. Do you have others? I'd like to do some more research and look around a bit more before I buy. Thanks.
here you go!

www.dueteveryday.com

www.decadesinc.com

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Sandia-Exchange__W0QQ_armrsZ1 Sandia is a reputable Ebay seller

www.createursdeluxe.com

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Difficult to tell whether it''s authentic when the flap is closed the way it is in the picture. I would want to see a picture of the Hermes stamp and pictures of the back, underside & inside of it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 7:31:31 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Difficult to tell whether it's authentic when the flap is closed the way it is in the picture. I would want to see a picture of the Hermes stamp and pictures of the back, underside & inside of it.
I wouldn't want to attempt to authenticate it, I don't have the experience or expertise! P if you are serious about this one, post it on TPF with the pics of the areas MB suggested, they will be able to tell you if it is the real deal or not.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, dear Lorelei.

Phoenix scoots (sp?) off to check out these sites!!
3.gif
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 7:55:28 AM

3.gif
2.gif

Hehehe!
9.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 7:39:58 AM

Difficult to tell whether it''s authentic when the flap is closed the way it is in the picture. I would want to see a picture of the Hermes stamp and pictures of the back, underside & inside of it.
I wouldn''t want to attempt to authenticate it, I don''t have the experience or expertise! P if you are serious about this one, post it on TPF with the pics of the areas MB suggested, they will be able to tell you if it is the real deal or not.
Thank yo so much, MB and Lorelei.

I will ask the seller to see if they can provide additional pics.

(Btw, ladies, check out my latest thread on RT pls. I''m ITCHING to spend some money. It may be an eternity band, a bracelet or this Hermes bag or another Hermes - to be absolutely honest, my dream is to have a Birkin in fire engine red, not sure what''s the official term for this shade, LOL. I just thought this was an excellent deal for a Birkin and it looks like it''s in excellent condition. I wouln''t mind buying it if I can''t get a red Birkin for the same price elsewhere).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 7:59:43 AM

3.gif
2.gif

Hehehe!

Here is another

www.luxewear.com
He he...
11.gif

Thanks much, Lorelei.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 8:01:17 AM

Date: 7/14/2009 7:59:43 AM

3.gif
2.gif

Hehehe!

Here is another

www.luxewear.com
He he...
11.gif

Thanks much, Lorelei.
I can't get that link to work....* I will try and find the right one...*

Ha - this is the right one, no e in the address.

http://www.luxwear.com/

www.jemznjewels.com

http://www.kaleidoplace.com/

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2009 11:23:35 AM
Author:Phoenix

The other thing is they only ship to the US!! If the price is acceptable, I might try and get it next time DH and I are in the US!
3.gif
1.gif
I recognize the seller from the website. She is a reputable jewlery seller. I firmly believe she carries and sells only authentic Hermes bags. I bought some jewlery from her before, and she is a pleasant and helpful lady. I trust her 100%.

As for the bag in question, note it is not exactly a birkin, but rather "HAC", which is a little taller. Due to the difference in dimensions, make sure that you like its look. "HAC" is not as popular as birkins, but it serves some purpose that birkins lack. For example, if you find a 30 cm birkin too small, but a 35 cm birkin too big, a 32 cm HAC will be an ideal solution.

Back to your original question about the price. I do not know the exact price for 32 HAC, but the cuurent retail price for a 30 cm birkin is about $8350 before tax (some slight variations in price depending on the skin type: the most popular togo and clemence cost less than chevre, box, or Valechee), and a 35 cm birkin is about $8950 before tax. Just before the recent market crash in Oct 2008, preowned birkins can easily fetch a price with hefty premium above retail. Anything below $7000 was considered a great and rare bargain. Nowadays, it is the buyer''s market. For the same price, you can easily find your dream birkin in mint condition with various choices of color and skin.

Remember, although $6000-$7000 is substantially below retail for a hard-to-get birkin, the amount is still a lot of money. Therefore, take your time researching and shopping to find your dream birkin, so you know what suits you best in terms of size (note the weight), color, and skin. If buying preowned birkins, stick with the above mentioned recommended list of reputable resellers and have the bag authenticated by the experts at the purse forum.

Lastly, if you really like the HAC, contact the seller and see if she is willing to negotiate price.
31.gif

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 8:00:29 AM

I wouldn''t want to attempt to authenticate it, I don''t have the experience or expertise! P if you are serious about this one, post it on TPF with the pics of the areas MB suggested, they will be able to tell you if it is the real deal or not.

(Btw, ladies, check out my latest thread on RT pls. I''m ITCHING to spend some money. It may be an eternity band, a bracelet or this Hermes bag or another Hermes - to be absolutely honest, my dream is to have a Birkin in fire engine red, not sure what''s the official term for this shade, LOL. I just thought this was an excellent deal for a Birkin and it looks like it''s in excellent condition. I wouln''t mind buying it if I can''t get a red Birkin for the same price elsewhere).
I think the HAC is gold or some color in the brown family. If you like fire engine red, then do not settle. Be patient, and wait for it to come by. Perhaps email to the recommend list of resellers and ask them to keep an eye for you. You can get a great condition, fire engine red birkin with this HAC price. SO don''t worry.

I think the shade you llike may be rouge garange. It is a red with some orange undertone (bright red). Attached is a photo for your reference (see the birkin on the left). The kelly on the right is rouge vif, which is a lipstick red with a bluish/pinkish undertone.

RG vs RV.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If thats a genuine HAC which is in pigskin or porc as it is called then I think it only comes in the one goldish colour.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 9:17:36 AM
Author: FancyDiamond

Date: 7/13/2009 11:23:35 AM
Author:Phoenix

3.gif
1.gif
I recognize the seller from the website. She is a reputable jewlery seller. I firmly believe she carries and sells only authentic Hermes bags. I bought some jewlery from her before, and she is a pleasant and helpful lady. I trust her 100%.

As for the bag in question, note it is not exactly a birkin, but rather 'HAC', which is a little taller. Due to the difference in dimensions, make sure that you like its look. 'HAC' is not as popular as birkins, but it serves some purpose that birkins lack. For example, if you find a 30 cm birkin too small, but a 35 cm birkin too big, a 32 cm HAC will be an ideal solution.

Back to your original question about the price. I do not know the exact price for 32 HAC, but the cuurent retail price for a 30 cm birkin is about $8350 before tax (some slight variations in price depending on the skin type: the most popular togo and clemence cost less than chevre, box, or Valechee), and a 35 cm birkin is about $8950 before tax. Just before the recent market crash in Oct 2008, preowned birkins can easily fetch a price with hefty premium above retail. Anything below $7000 was considered a great and rare bargain. Nowadays, it is the buyer's market. For the same price, you can easily find your dream birkin in mint condition with various choices of color and skin.

Remember, although $6000-$7000 is substantially below retail for a hard-to-get birkin, the amount is still a lot of money. Therefore, take your time researching and shopping to find your dream birkin, so you know what suits you best in terms of size (note the weight), color, and skin. If buying preowned birkins, stick with the above mentioned recommended list of reputable resellers and have the bag authenticated by the experts at the purse forum.

Lastly, if you really like the HAC, contact the seller and see if she is willing to negotiate price.
31.gif
Thank you so much for your detailed reply. It's very informative.

I *think* I was aware of the HAC, but honestly thanks for bringing it up. I'd love a 32 or a 35. I think the 30 is a tad too small for me. I will definitely look out for the different sizes. I'm going to Hong Kong soon and they have a secondhand Hermes shop there, where I can try out the different sizes (I wouldn't buy from them - too afraid of fakes though this shop is supposed to be very reputable).

Oh definitely, $6-7k is not chump change. I will definitely look around first before I put down any money.

And thanks for the suggestion to negotiate. I hadn't thought about that, but it's def worth a shot.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/14/2009 9:30:55 AM
Author: FancyDiamond

Date: 7/14/2009 8:00:29 AM

Difficult to tell whether it's authentic when the flap is closed the way it is in the picture. I would want to see a picture of the Hermes stamp and pictures of the back, underside & inside of it.
I wouldn't want to attempt to authenticate it, I don't have the experience or expertise! P if you are serious about this one, post it on TPF with the pics of the areas MB suggested, they will be able to tell you if it is the real deal or not.

(Btw, ladies, check out my latest thread on RT pls. I'm ITCHING to spend some money. It may be an eternity band, a bracelet or this Hermes bag or another Hermes - to be absolutely honest, my dream is to have a Birkin in fire engine red, not sure what's the official term for this shade, LOL. I just thought this was an excellent deal for a Birkin and it looks like it's in excellent condition. I wouln't mind buying it if I can't get a red Birkin for the same price elsewhere).
I think the HAC is gold or some color in the brown family. If you like fire engine red, then do not settle. Be patient, and wait for it to come by. Perhaps email to the recommend list of resellers and ask them to keep an eye for you. You can get a great condition, fire engine red birkin with this HAC price. SO don't worry.

I think the shade you llike may be rouge garange. It is a red with some orange undertone (bright red). Attached is a photo for your reference (see the birkin on the left). The kelly on the right is rouge vif, which is a lipstick red with a bluish/pinkish undertone.
Thank you soooo much, dearest Lorelei.

Wow, I'm totally floored by the pic you posted. I'm drooling big time now!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thanks for the name of the colour also. It's very helpful to know what I'm looking for!
2.gif
1.gif

I will definitely email them and ask these vendors to keep an eye out for me. I didn't even know that was an option.

I will also continue to "stalk" these websites (to quote another PS'er, he he).

If I could get a rouge garange at that kind of price, in excellent condition, I'd be so OVER THE MOON!!
36.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I would LOVE to own a Birkin and be ABLE to carry it off...this is a beautiful one, and I think I would like the unique size of it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results