shape
carat
color
clarity

Cheapskate

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

orange_horse

Rough_Rock
I thought it was supposed to hurt a little. Two months salary and all that...

An excerpt...

Sienna Miller met her love, handsome Jude Law, on the set of the film, "Alfie," but today rumors are swirling that Sienna''''s taken Jude off the market completely because the two are officially engaged. And sorry, ladies, this one is true as well. We got a peek at Sienna''''s new rock as she was out Wednesday morning in New York City, walking her dog and her $30,000 ring.

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/v2/news/0105/05/5/text.html

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm... interesting
34.gif
Haven''t seen a button ring for a while ! This one is probably bringing the fashion back
9.gif

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Only a $30,000 ring? Girl is gorgeous and the dude''s rich. Hell, I could have bought that ring if I had another few months.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
The two months'' salary guideline is a load of crap. Maybe he got her what she wanted. Not everyone in Hollywood or in the upper class general public sports a diamond doorknob or even wants to wear something huge. I know if money were no object for us, I''d be wearing about a 2 carat diamond but that''s about as big as I''d ever want to go, even if we had millions.

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
What''s a button ring?? Is there supposed to be a picture on that link? I didn''t see one.
emcry.gif

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
I remember reading somewhere that the "two months salary" deal was started by De Beers ( I think it was them), as an advertising gimmick and to get people to spend more on diamonds. But, if my husband followed that now, I''d have a very large diamond on my hand. Even my original wasn''t two months salary in 1980, more like 1 weeks. Oh well..

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
i didnt see a picture either........................they seem to be a couple of self centered immature airheads. he had/has a wife and three children. how about committing to what he''s responsible for? and she is a 23 year old blonde who is just the flavor of the moment

i find these people really distasteful

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I sounds like it''s a cluster ring of some sort. I couldn''t find a picture of it either.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
pearcrazy--someone, somewhwere...said several diamonds in a row....

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2005 9:50:21 AM
Author: windowshopper
i didnt see a picture either........................they seem to be a couple of self centered immature airheads. he had/has a wife and three children. how about committing to what he's responsible for? and she is a 23 year old blonde who is just the flavor of the moment

i find these people really distasteful

Based on what I have read about her in articles (she was in my favorite, now cancelled, show) they have been together for a couple years and he has been divorced for at LEAST 3 years. I think he filed papers because, if I remember this correctly, I also read in an article about him that his wife was cheating. Could be all wrong but that's what I read.

I read a lot of magazines for work. Just happens that a lot are chick magazines.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
i''ve read that his wide had severe postpartum depression that became subsequently worse with each child and severe after the third. -----

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/7/2005 10:14
6.gif
3 AM
i''ve read that his wide had severe postpartum depression that became subsequently worse with each child and severe after the third. -----
Can we really ever know what goes on in other peoples lives? There could be multiple reasons for their divorce, and even if she did have postpartum depression, it doesnt mean that staying married would have solved the problem. Sometimes people are better off divorced, unfortunately. But how can we really know?

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/7/2005 9:57:11 AM
pearcrazy--someone, somewhwere...said several diamonds in a row....
Actually, it is a cluster ring, as it appears in the picture and as reported on several sites.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
What an odd design.

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
thanks NJS -- it''s still difficult to see....
7.gif

Didn''t they meet while filming Alfie? I guess that''s been a while. I never understand hollywood "love" -- but I guess they really do live on a completely different planet.... You never know when it''s "real" and when it''s "right now". and I guess it''s none of our business anyway. :razz: (still fun to gossip about though!)

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/7/2005 9:21:11 AM
Author: Momoftwo
I remember reading somewhere that the ''two months salary'' deal was started by De Beers ( I think it was them), as an advertising gimmick and to get people to spend more on diamonds. But, if my husband followed that now, I''d have a very large diamond on my hand. Even my original wasn''t two months salary in 1980, more like 1 weeks. Oh well..

Damn, I totally forgot about that 2 months salary thing. I got screwed. I spent a LOT more than 2 months salary. Oh well, she''s worth it and seeing her so happy is cool. It''s only money right?

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
$30,000 for an engagement ring when you have a super star''s wallet is funny.
Hum, maybe he got the ring from an online vendor to save a few bucks!
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe I'm the only one here with the opposite prospective, but I don't see it as any big deal that Jude Law only spent 30K on his girl's ring. It'd seem much more ridiculous if he spent more money like 300K, for example.

Just because we're talking movie stars doesn't automatically mean that one is greedy and needs to spend more than some people make in a lifetime!
2.gif

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, not everybody wants a huge rock just because they can afford it. Didn''t Drew Barrymore get a small engagemet ring as well? I personally wouldn''t wear anything over 2 carats either even we had millions. It just reminds me of Carmella Soprano a bit too much.

Momoftwo

Brilliant_Rock
So many of the superwealthy and celebrities get these huge diamond engagement rings and after they get married you never see them again, just their wedding band. Are they afraid of theft? Why have it if you''re not going to wear it? I think 2-3 ct is more than adequate even if you can afford more. I''d "settle" for 2 ct.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
sorry you are right--cluster it is...........not impressed for 30000

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I wonder if it is vintage/antique--and should it have been purchased it at a place like SJ Phillips, for a cluster the guy could not have spent less.... Beautiful stuff, but IMHO astronomically priced....................
emrosesad.gif

cheers--Sharon

SquareCut

Shiny_Rock
I always wanted to know- Is it two months salary before OR after taxes and other deductions?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2005 1:26
6.gif
1 PM
Author: MichelleCarmen
Maybe I''m the only one here with the opposite prospective, but I don''t see it as any big deal that Jude Law only spent 30K on his girl''s ring. It''d seem much more ridiculous if he spent more money like 300K, for example.

Just because we''re talking movie stars doesn''t automatically mean that one is greedy and needs to spend more than some people make in a lifetime!
2.gif
Michelle, I couldn''t agree more.
9.gif

Just because you can doesn''t mean you have to.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks pretty clasic to me... 1800''s classic that is!

PicSt.JPG

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
I THINK HOLLYWOOD ETIQUETTE REQUIRES THAT YOU PROPOSE WITH A MODEST YET LOVELY ENGAGEMENT RING, THEN WHEN THE MAN GETS CAUGHT WITH HIS PANTS DOWN THEY SPRING FOR THE BIG GAUDY HONKERS[$$)] I.E. KOBE BRYANT AND THE 1 MILLION DOLLAR PURPLE DIAMOND, POSH SPICE A.K.A VICTORIA BECKAM RECEIVING A MILLION+PINK DIAMOND... I KNOW THERE IS MORE BUT I CAN''T THINK OF THEM ALL RIGHT NOW
face23.gif

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/9/2005 4:48:26 AM
Author: BLINGQUEEN
I THINK HOLLYWOOD ETIQUETTE REQUIRES THAT YOU PROPOSE WITH A MODEST YET LOVELY ENGAGEMENT RING, THEN WHEN THE MAN GETS CAUGHT WITH HIS PANTS DOWN THEY SPRING FOR THE BIG GAUDY HONKERS[$$)] I.E. KOBE BRYANT AND THE 1 MILLION DOLLAR PURPLE DIAMOND, POSH SPICE A.K.A VICTORIA BECKAM RECEIVING A MILLION+PINK DIAMOND... I KNOW THERE IS MORE BUT I CAN''T THINK OF THEM ALL RIGHT NOW
face23.gif
Agreed and didn''t Liz Hurley get something from Hugh Grant???????????????????

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/9/2005 9:39
6.gif
5 PM
Author: Emeraldgirl

Date: 1/9/2005 4:48:26 AM
Author: BLINGQUEEN
face23.gif
Agreed and didn''t Liz Hurley get something from Hugh Grant???????????????????
yes,aids after the soliciting of that prostitute.

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
32.gif
I''LL TAKE DIAMONDS OVER AN STD ANYDAY!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results