shape
carat
color
clarity

Cheap Finds at the Gem Show

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I thought I''d post the rest of my stuff over here instead of SMTR, since it''s not serious jewelry. I had been to this same gem show last year and found a vendor who carried beautiful sterling/cz jewelry, and she was there again with new merchandise. Given that I''ve already blown my jewelry budget the past few weeks, I just wanted to get some delicate, believable (and inexpensive!) pieces. Here''s what I scored (prepare for onslaught of pics):

Cells Stackers1.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I found a few stackers - all of the new ones are full eternity.

Cells Stackers2.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

Cells Stackers3.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Stack of play rings on the left, my diamond baguette bands and ruby band (my one serious purchase at the gem show) on the right.

Cells Stackers4.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Lovely find!! Does this person have a website?? Probably not....

Are you having fun with them? I don''t have many stackers but love the different ways they look paired with others..

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I found all of these bands today. The top two are very much like my baguette bands, but they''re not quite as delicate. I thought they''d be fun since the design does go all the way around, and I can take them when traveling (you know, all those exotic vacations I take
39.gif
).

I know some PSers would rather have the real thing or nothing (and believe me, I appreciate and respect the purists out there), but I do like having stuff I don''t have to worry about so much, and stuff my girls can play with a little.

Cells Stackers8.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
My finger, loaded up.

Cells Stackers9.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Besides all the typical jewelry, beads, gemstones, etc., there was a vendor who had tools, ionic and US cleaners, and various displays and boxes. I figured I needed an inexpensive way to store all my stuff and keep it fairly accessible.

These trays came in at least 2 different sizes, and I chose these 3 stacking ones:

Cells Display1.JPG

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
1.gif
Fun!
I like your new finds, I have one like the bottom one-- I wear it to the gym
2.gif

Its good to have some fun rings to play with when you don''t want to wear your good stuff.. BUT still want a lille schparkle
2.gif

Your ruby band looks nice with your two baguette bands
4.gif

Cells Display2.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
You could also choose from various inserts:

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Middle tray:

Cells Display3.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
For the bottom tray, I chose a flat, velvet insert, but they also had a few other designs.

Cells Display4.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I also got a couple neck displays, but they''re really for photographing necklaces rather than storing them.

Cells Display5.JPG

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
10.gif
Do you like to play *jewelry store* with your collection also?

26.gif
I have some trays and such..... and I may have asked my self to try on ...this or ..that... "oh my how much is this?"
Lol--- I promise I''m not crazy! --I just did this once to freak out the Hubby --tee-hee

I can''t wait for the gem show in May! yay!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
For storage and accessibility, I chose a T-bar display for my bracelets and necklaces. Some of my 6 1/2-inch bracelets wouldn''t fit though.

Cells Display6.JPG

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 10:36:36 PM
Author: cellentani
You could also choose from various inserts:
http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/Cells%20Display2.JPG

Could I please try on the bottom row?
thanks

35.gif

Love your stacky trays

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
And Blinky, here''s my "jewelry store" set up on a shelf in my shoe cabinet. And I almost bought a beautiful jewelry box today at Bailey Banks and Biddle. It was well-crafted and gorgeous, and these are cheap but fun. Sigh.

Cells Display9.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
And the last one is a glass-top specimen box. Just have play stones in it for now, but someday... Some of you ladies on the CS forum need a few of these!!
35.gif

Cells Display8.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
You''re such a HOOT!!
9.gif

Looks like you had a wonderful time.
10.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 10:48:23 PM
And Blinky, here''s my ''jewelry store'' set up on a shelf in my shoe cabinet. And I almost bought a beautiful jewelry box today at Bailey Banks and Biddle. It was well-crafted and gorgeous, and these are cheap but fun. Sigh.

LOL-- are you open on Saturdays?
31.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hey mochi, nice to see you. I did have fun today - in fact, I was so peeved that I had to go to a Girl Scout function tonight; I just wanted to stay home and play.

blinky - I would be happy to show you anything - just let me know. Can I get you a cup of coffee, or some water? (We''re a fiiiiiine jewelry store...)

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! You did well for yourself at the Gem Show! I love all the stackers!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy moly, Cellantini!!!! I''m loving your fun rings! And that ruby ring is just lovely!

I have a fun CZ/SS shared prong eternity, which actually helped me understand that larger eternities hurt me to wear and a couple of other fun rings.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Cellentani, can I come play in your jewelry store???
1.gif

I am green with envy over your stacker collection btw!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Burk, Lauren and BEG - I had such a fun day yesterday, and believe me, I was thinking of you PS friends the whole time I was at the gem show! I wish I could send a little gem show to all you guys.
35.gif
35.gif

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Holy cow cellentani, that jewelry store looks FUN. I want to come play too!

Heh, I wanted to set up a display once, but bf vetoed the idea and looked at me like I was crazy.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
What neat finds! The box looks really useful for storing all your pretties! The color of the rubies on your band is lovely!

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
what a beautiful and delicate collection you have-thanks for sharing! i have a new standing jewelry armoire but seems hard to store things-use it for mostly costume. i also don''t really trust my 3 yr old yet so my few good pieces are hidden in my closet...
emsmile.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
WOW - looks like you had a super fun time - color me jealous
2.gif
I love all your new finds - so fun!!

Thank you for sharing your lovely pics
1.gif

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/21/2009 8:44:06 AM
Thanks Burk, Lauren and BEG - I had such a fun day yesterday, and believe me, I was thinking of you PS friends the whole time I was at the gem show! I wish I could send a little gem show to all you guys.
35.gif
35.gif

I think through your photos you gave us a small gem show!
36.gif

I love your finds!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results