shape
carat
color
clarity

Cheap, cute, fun.... "just because" gift ideas!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone have good ideas for relatively cheap, cutesty, fun... "just because" type gifts for SO''s??

My SO has been having a horrible time at work recently and I''ve been giving him little "just thinking of you" type gifts to cheer him up.

I recall someone posted a stationary of sorts (might have been a flip book, note cards, note pad...) that had cute, romantic sayings on them. Like, "I love you more than XYZ" with XYZ being something really silly. Anyone remember that? Have the link?

I looked online a little but didn''t come across much. I''m not even sure what search terms to use.

Ideas?!?!?

We don''t do sweets or takeout foods so it''s not like I can make him cookies and deliver them to the office at 2am. We tend to exchange homemade drawings and cards but I''m running out of cutesty sayings!! hahaa.. He doesn''t do coffee or tea so nothing related to that either.

Any help is appreciated!

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
This probably won''t help but my BF has been studying really hard for a board exam so I dressed up one of my teddy bears in a Yankee Hat (BF is a HUGE Yankee fan) and stuck a "Study hard! Focus!" sign in his paw and left it on his table. BF laughed so hard when he saw it. Now he pulls the teddy bear in front of him whenever he studies.

beruang.jpg

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Oops! Sorry for that huge picture. Another thing I got him was a Yankee Spud. They also have it for other teams.

yankspud.jpg

4ever

Ideal_Rock
How about a photo of you two in a nice frame for his desk?....or wall......maybe a silly photo to chear him up at work.

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Another idea using a photo of the 2 of you would be to have one put onto a mouse pad for his desk. My sister did this w/ her kids one year for my dad and he loved it! He still has it many years later...

It could be done in a pretty short time at a photo shop.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I know you said no sweets, but I got my FI an Edible Arrangement bouquet with an I Love You balloon. I went with the chocolate dipped strawberries, but there are non chocolate options.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Although you''re not sweets people, does he have his own office? If so, can you pack a late night picnic of sandwiches and such to eat in his office when he''s stuck there late? He''s gonna get hungry, and I''m sure you want to spend time with him! Maybe bring a blanket and some LED candles and some sparkling cider or something?

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
A few years ago, I made a box of trinkets for SO, with reasons as to why those trinkets were there:

For example:
a matchbook - you light a fire inside of me
felt butterfly - you give me butterflies
box of Smarties - I''m so proud of you for all your recent accomplishments (getting his Red Seal papers, etc.)
a Snickers chocolate bar - you always make me laugh

..and, so-on. I got everything at the dollar store, so it was relatively cheap, and he really appreciated the thought behind it all (the snacks helped, too, I''m sure :razz:).
The best part is, that even after all these years (it''s probably been 3-4 since I did that), he still has it! The food is gone (although, the wrappers are still there, along with their notes), but my not-very-romantic-at-all, SO, has kept it. Awww!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about some little books?

I got B a book for about $3.00 at Barnes and Noble.
So Now You Know...

A little book (not quite pocket size) with strange little facts about whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results