shape
carat
color
clarity

Charlotte pants...Mara???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey Mara,

I decided last year towards the end of the season that I wanted to get a pair of the Charlotte pants that you and the other gals love so much....but I waited too long and they no longer had size smalls, etc...plus it was almost fall time...anyhoo, with warmer weather approaching, I''d really love to get me a pair..I looked on Shop Bop and they do not have the pants...is it not the right time or soemthing? Anywhere else, besides Ebay I could find them?
thanks!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not Mara here, sorry, but bluefly.com, revolveclothing.com, and I think activeendeavors.com are a few other sites that carry Charlotte pants. Good luck!

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
thanks Monarch...I''ll go check those sites out!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi jetmal, yep monarch hit the nail on the head. also www.singer22.com used to carry them but i don''t know if they have them this year (though i think i did see them on there recently).

not sure if shopbop is not carrying them or if they just have not gotten their shipment in or what.

i really want more capris esp in smaller sizes now that i lost some weight. my one pet peeve with them is that the brown and black fades SOOOO fast...i end up having to buy black each and every year because they fade so quickly. the lighter colors fare much better with fading.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you tried washing black or dark clothes in the special detergents meant for darks? I think they might help preserve color if you are washing them at home.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
thanks everyone...having a hard time finding the capris. do you still buy a size larger than what you normally wear? I noticed one of the websites said they run small????

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jetmal, I would definitely buy a size larger than you normally wear if you want to wash them and dry them like regular cotton garments. The gauze beach pants are more of an open weave and aren''t pre-shrunk cotton, so when you wash and dry them they definitely shrink, but they also stretch out a bit after you wear them for say, an hour or two. As for the dark colors, Mara will know more about that since she has experience with them...I have only a pair of white gauze beach pants I purchased for a coverup over a white bikini from last summer. Being from the midwest, I really don''t wear them very often and reserve them for vacations, etc. so mine don''t get a ton of use. There was a huge thread on them last summer but I''m sure it''s gone into PS oblivion now...I did see some army and choco capris recently on bluefly.com, but I didn''t notice whether they came in smalls or extra smalls...maybe check again if those are colors you''re interested in. good luck!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
For once, I can say I am lucky to live in Madison, WI because while we don''t have much, we DO have the B&M version of shopbop.com (store itself is just called Bop). I was in there just yesterday and the SA told me that charlotte pants were coming in and should be available soon.

Usually they are available online once they are available in the store too.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
they do run small jetmal...i always bought one size up from what i typically would. but now i am totally confused on what to get...i have L and XL''s and they both are baggy on me after a few hours of wearing them...the XL''s are crazy baggy and the L''s are workable but the legs are really wide with so much extra material. So I guess if i get some this year i''d get mediums. they do shrink when you wash/dry them but after you wear them they do stretch out. so they might be tight when they go on but after an hour or so they''ll stretch out for sure.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/9/2007 12:29:28 AM
Author: Mara
they do run small jetmal...i always bought one size up from what i typically would. but now i am totally confused on what to get...i have L and XL''s and they both are baggy on me after a few hours of wearing them...the XL''s are crazy baggy and the L''s are workable but the legs are really wide with so much extra material. So I guess if i get some this year i''d get mediums. they do shrink when you wash/dry them but after you wear them they do stretch out. so they might be tight when they go on but after an hour or so they''ll stretch out for sure.
Mara I will totally buy your L and XL''s, LOL!

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ok, thanks everyone......

hey, I''m in WI too...near Milwaukee...I''ve never heard of the Bop store....I''ll ahev to google it and try to find it and maybe go on a road trip, LOL

Ok Mara, so, without asking all of you your weight and etc...let me tell yo umine and you can tell me if I should go for S or M...I''m 5 ''2 and weigh 109.....what do you think?
thanks!

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Jetmal--I'm not Mara, but I'm 5'4", 114, and usually a size 2 in pants, and I got the small. I think the xsmall would probably have fit, but would be tighter and lower on my butt than I'd like. Medium would probably also fit, but be droopy on my butt.

Unless you're super-curvy in the hip area, I'd guess small would fit.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2007 9:14:39 AM
Author: jetmal

hey, I''m in WI too...near Milwaukee...I''ve never heard of the Bop store....I''ll ahev to google it and try to find it and maybe go on a road trip, LOL

Ok Mara, so, without asking all of you your weight and etc...let me tell yo umine and you can tell me if I should go for S or M...I''m 5 ''2 and weigh 109.....what do you think?

thanks!

It''s a fun store. It''s just off of State St. in downtown Madison, I think the cross street is Gorham. Worth the time if you have other things bringing you to Madison for a day!

Also, if you order from shopbop you''ll get it in about a day because the distribution center is here in Madison too.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2007 9:14:39 AM
Author: jetmal

thanks!
I am 5'' 3", 110lbs and either a 2 or 4 in pants. I got them in M. I don''t think I would have fit in a S, but I have large hips (37"). The pant legs are fairly loose on me, but the hip part fits well. Also not every pants are the same. My army (green) one fit more snuggly than my black one.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
QT it's good to hear you have a 37" hip and fit perfectly in M because my hips are 36" so I think a M would work out great.

I really never was able to find a Charlotte size chart anywhere but maybe they finally have one out there? Also I found from year to year the fit changed slightly so it was so hard to gauge from one year to the next easily. Kind of like with Juicy!

LOL Monnie, that's an awesome idea hehe.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds about right. For reference, I have 34" hips, a pancake-flat butt, and the Small fits just right. But I have to wear thong underwear (TMI!) because the fabric stretches across my rear pretty snugly and I definitely don''t want VPL. I wear my Charlottes on a weekly basis! Even in winter! (around the house)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/9/2007 11:24:58 PM
Author: Mara
QT it''s good to hear you have a 37'' hip and fit perfectly in M because my hips are 36'' so I think a M would work out great.

I really never was able to find a Charlotte size chart anywhere but maybe they finally have one out there? Also I found from year to year the fit changed slightly so it was so hard to gauge from one year to the next easily. Kind of like with Juicy!

LOL Monnie, that''s an awesome idea hehe.
Hee hee, if you''re ever in Chicago, Mara...
9.gif

My pants stretched out the most in the hip/thigh/butt area--even after washing and drying them on low heat, just an FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results