shape
carat
color
clarity

Charleston SC - Folly Beach Wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone had or been to a wedding on Folly Beach just south of Charleston, SC?

If you have, could you let me know what was good and/or bad about it.

Thanks;

John

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I just got married in historic Mt. Pleasant, which was on the waterfront. So, not exactly on Folly Beach, but close. Are you thinking of marrying there?

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, we're planning to have a small wedding on Folly Beach next May. Do you have any recommendations for photographers, caterers, etc.?

Folly Beach Wedding

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Adorable dog, by the way.

I can certainly give you my thoughts/impressions on the vendors, but I literally just got married (on 10/8) so I'm waiting to see photos, etc. before I'd make a recommendation. We used Tom Smith Catering, and the food was good, although parts of the catering experience were not what I expected. If you'd like, I can email you with my opinions.

One more big thing- I don't know what it'd be like in May on the beach (I'm not from there, but my parents live there), but the mosquitos were HORRIBLE. Everyone got bitten a ton, and the mosquitos were everywhere. So, that's something to keep in mind.

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
mmeowcollins - I PM'd you my e-mail address.

maud

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/13/2004 7:40:11 AM
Author: Logan Sapphire
Adorable dog, by the way.

I can certainly give you my thoughts/impressions on the vendors, but I literally just got married (on 10/8) so I''m waiting to see photos, etc. before I''d make a recommendation. We used Tom Smith Catering, and the food was good, although parts of the catering experience were not what I expected. If you''d like, I can email you with my opinions.

One more big thing- I don''t know what it''d be like in May on the beach (I''m not from there, but my parents live there), but the mosquitos were HORRIBLE. Everyone got bitten a ton, and the mosquitos were everywhere. So, that''s something to keep in mind.
My daughter is marrying in July in Charleston. I thought about using Tom Smith''s Catering and would greatly appreciate any pros and cons about this service/food. Thanks so much.
26.gif

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t had any dealings with Tom Smith. We''re having a small beach wedding with the reception at the beach house. We''re having Sticky Fingers cater a Lowcountry boil and BBQ.

BTW...the wedding is in two weeks on May 7th. I hope the weather stays nice.

MABRA

Rough_Rock
HELLO OUT THERE,
I AM PLANNING MY WEDDING FOR NEXT APRIL AND WAS THINKING OF GOING WITH TOM SMITH CATERING.
33.gif
CAN ANYONE GIVE ME THER FEEDBACK ON THIS OR RECOMMEND ANY ONE ELSE WHO IS NOT TO EXPENSIVE.
THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Hello,

I just now saw this post about Tom Smith. If anyone is still interested in him, PM or email me.

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a pic form my May 7th wedding. Everything went great.

je01.jpg

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh my god, what a gorgeous picture!!!! That is absolutely fabulous. So glad you had good weather. I''m so happy for you, the picture really says it all. Congratulations!!!!!

walkindark

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!! Great Pic!! who was the photographer?

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
The photographer was Sherry Ferguson. Her company''s name is Charleston Weddings Etcetera.

rmr_charleston

Rough_Rock
Hi!

You mentioned you had some opinions about tom smith catering... could you share those with me? I just signed a contract with them and would like to head off any negative issues now. Thanks so much!

neicy

Rough_Rock
I am working with T.Smith on a menu for a wedding next summer, and would appreciate hearing about your experience.
Thanks

neicy

Rough_Rock
Maude, Was wondering if you in fact did use T.Smith and what your experience was.
Neicy

lillypadilly

Rough_Rock
Hi, I am currently trying to have a beach wedding around the same place you had yours, but I am running into a million problems finding a place that would allow it. Can you let me know how you went about finding and booking your place? Any info would be really appreciated. Thanks,

Lily

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results