shape
carat
color
clarity

CHARBIE''S DRESS...is way too big.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i went for my "final fitting" today. i use that term loosely, as my dress wasn''t altered at all. i brought the dress in about 2 months ago. Mr. Italian Alterations Man and i set the date for today that i would come in to make sure it fit and was great for my wedding in 2.5 weeks. Mr. Italian Alterations Man forgot to call me this morning (or last week, or the week before...or two months ago????) to tell me he wanted to change the date for me to come in to the week before the wedding. So I went in all excited, only to find that nothing has been done. Nada.

I was very calm, he said it will all be perfect, yadda yadda yadda...i''m just going to rub my ears and say "wooo-saaaa" will smith style. my biggest concern is the bustle- i have no clue how he is doing it. my dress is HUGE right now, as i''ve lost weight and he told me he still anticpates me losing more. therefore i am going back in next friday (1 week until w-day) and he then wants me in on the 27th, after the weekend, to pick it up.

I still thought I''d share some pictures with you girls, as I''ve never shown it since my laptop was stolen and i had no pictures of it. Sooooo, without further adieu- Charbie''s Dress!!!

First: the front- you can see it is rather large and i need to hold it up.

charbiedress1.jpg

charbie

Ideal_Rock
the train

charbiedress2.jpg

charbie

Ideal_Rock
another train shot

charbiedress3.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, you look like a princess! It''s just beautiful
36.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
close up of detail on train

charbiedress4.jpg

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
i''m sorry its too big, but wow charbie!!!! its beautiful :)!!!!!

AsscherNut

Rough_Rock
Woweeee...what a gorgeous gown!! You look sooo pretty...can''t wait to see pics of you on your special day.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
my shoooooooebies!!! yay!

charbiedress5.jpg

charbie

Ideal_Rock
close-up of the bodice beading: i just love it. it feels so rich to me.

charbiedress6.jpg

charbie

Ideal_Rock
just a LITTLE BIG, eh??

charbiedress7.jpg

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i just want to bust out in michael jackson (rest in peace) "(wo)man in the mirror!" hahahaha...last one.

i put the dress on again today and just loved it. i''ve dropped weight without really knowing it, and so he said its a good thing that he hadn''t done anything since it wouldn''t fit with his measurements from last time. whatever.

charbiedress8.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Well aren''t you just the most gorgeous thing ever!?!?

I LOVE your dress! It''s beautiful on you, and will be even more perfect once it fits!!!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Ah so beautiful charbie!! I love your dress.
30.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry it''s too big, but you look LOVELY in it!!!!!!!!11

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Awww sorry its too big, but congrats on the weight loss =)

charbie

Ideal_Rock
well thank you, ladies!

question though- it is impossible to tell without it being fitted really, but does the bodice look too long to anyone? i''m a bit nervous (ok, terrified after tonight) that the bodice just isn''t going to fit correctly.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 9:30:23 PM
Author: violet3
Gosh, you look like a princess! It''s just beautiful
36.gif
that''s the look i wanted :) i''m unique and special....(haha...my mom says i''m REALLY special...) but i wanted a classic, timeless look. i tend to be goofy and a jokester, but think the joke kind of is on everyone else when they see me in a pretty basic-shaped a-line dress as i think everyone expects me in something a bit funkier and more modern or fashionable. i think there are touches that make it unique, but the overall look is just simple and elegant.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
wow!! beautiful dress, and you (will) look AMAZING in it!!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
gorgeous dress--you''re right the details are so rich looking. is the fabric around the bust and bottom light pink or dark ivory? i can''t tell from my monitor color.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Your dress is
30.gif
30.gif

Charbie, girl, your figure is AMAZING!!! Congrats on your weight loss- you look spectacular!!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE it!! Love the gorgeous train, love the beading, love the shoes, love that you''re dropping weight without even trying (tips???!), and more than anything, love your smile in it!! You can tell, even though the fit isn''t perfect just yet, but that you LOVE the way you look and that is just priceless!!
1.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/16/2009 10:32:28 PM
Author: charbie
well thank you, ladies!

question though- it is impossible to tell without it being fitted really, but does the bodice look too long to anyone? i''m a bit nervous (ok, terrified after tonight) that the bodice just isn''t going to fit correctly.
I do NOT think this will be a problem at all - the bodice looks like the waist is meant to be lower than some, and once your alterations are done, i am sure it will fit like a glove. Looks like the major issue is up in the bust area -- I am sure it will look very proportionate and lovely once it is done!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 9:35:51 PM
Author: charbie
close up of detail on train
OMG! how BEAUTIFUL!
I love the detailing on the bodice as well!
Hope mr. Italian alterations man gets his booty in gear lol

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous on you! Pity that he didn''t do the alterations, I''m sure it will fit perfectly once he does them.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2009 9:27:50 PM
Author:charbie
I was very calm, he said it will all be perfect, yadda yadda yadda...i''m just going to rub my ears and say ''wooo-saaaa'' will smith style.
LOL!!! We just watched that movie last weekend.

It''s going to look fabulous on you!

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
It looks fantastic on you now and it doesn''t even fit!
31.gif
I can only imagine how great you''ll look in the finished dress! Congrats on the weight loss
36.gif
!!!!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
WHAT A GORGEOUS GOWN!.... wow, that side view is CRAZY! (I was like... oh it was just a little big.. and then I was like. OMG, and laughed. No worries, they can bring that in.

WOW, I love everything about it.. and those shoes are DO DIE FOR AWESOME! your train... the bodice... (kissin the fingers... mwaw!)

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. The dress really shows your tiny waist.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
how small is your waist! you look fantastic in that gown. when it''s fitted properly it''s going to be perfect!!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
you look gorgeous, charbie! i don''t know how i missed this, i love the detailing on the bodice and train, i''m sure it''ll look even better when it fits
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results