shape
carat
color
clarity

Changing the design of my dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
So I''m thinking of changing the design of my dress. I really love the look of a lace back with a v-neck. A slightly lower v-neck but not anything too deep with crazy cleavage! The dress I''m ordering is strapless, but Jasmine Couture said I''m able to customize the dress if I choose to. Do you think it will look okay if I change the top? I don''t have photoshop or anything and I can''t find any pictures. So if you''ve seen any dresses like this (lace covered back, v-neck, and full or pickup bottom) could you please post them? Maybe there''s a dress out there that I haven''t seen yet. Thank you so much!
1.gif
So here is the dress....

jasmineyy6.jpg

I''d like the top to look like this....
ml1ys6.gif
ml2px2.gif
ml4ta0.gif

jh8663mq5.jpg
jh86632mr0.jpg

P.S. Okay I thought of ONE more question! I like pickups (certain styles), but what do you think of the style of pickups on this particular Jasmine dress? Are they too... funky? Since I''m altering the design, I was thinking of asking them to remove the pickups on the front. Do you think it would look okay to have them create a smooth full aline on front, but keep the pickups on the back? Or remove them all together? Hmmm, you''re probably thinking I should just find a new dress!
2.gif

338B.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I think the dress is beautiful, but it sounds like there''s a lot you want to change about it. Do you need to order right away? If not I''d look around a bit more and if you still don''t find anything you like as is then go ahead and order this dress with the changes.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
The Maggie Sottero Capri Lynette has a halter-style sleeveless top with a sweetheart neckline. Not exactly what you''re looking for, but it might give you a firt impression of a not strapless pick-up gown.

Capri Lynette

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
robbie~
I know right? I have been shopping around a lot. Since this past spring. It's so frustrating! It seems like it is so easy for everyone to find a dress, but I'm having such a difficult time. I LOVE the Jasmine dress then I started getting second thoughts recently and had a second wind of trying on dresses again. Then I found out that I could customize the dress. There are dresses out there that would fit the bill but they are way too expensive ($3000 and upppp). I was hoping maybe someone has seen a dress similar to what I'm thinking of and I could track it down and try it on. It feels like I've tried on almost every dress in the Portland area and I haven't found any with a lace back/v-neck.
15.gif
Anyways, thank you for your input! I'll keep trying.
5.gif

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/31/2006 7:58:32 PM
Author: anchor31
The Maggie Sottero Capri Lynette has a halter-style sleeveless top with a sweetheart neckline. Not exactly what you''re looking for, but it might give you a firt impression of a not strapless pick-up gown.

Capri Lynette
Thank you!!!
1.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
What if you went for something like the jasmine, but with spaghetti straps and a v, and then wore a lace bolero over top?

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
That''s a good idea! Thank you.
1.gif
I have no idea where to find lace boleros though... anybody have any ideas? I think I came across one when I was looking at dresses online awhile ago (I think Mia Callaway?) and it seemed so spendy for a jacket. Maybe they just cost that much?
33.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I bet you could find something for a better price. I''d check ebay or even ask if Jasmine has any perhaps? You could also always order a custom one from juliusbridal.com. I know they do dresses and i think some come w/ the lace bolero, so I''m sure they could make just the bolero.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Maybe like this onr? I''d post the pic, but I am in a bit of a hurry!
9.gif

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
Take a look at these (by monique lhuillier):

7f_1.JPG

photo_monique_lhuillier_5.jpg

88756672_7c14d38110_m.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
oooh! I love that first one!

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock

What about this one? I can''t post the pic but here''s the link. It''s Watters Brides and I''m pretty sure the top and the skirt are separate.

http://www.watters.com/product.php?showid=356

I did see this at a shop when I was trying on gowns, it''s gorgeous!

JessaJS

Rough_Rock
I personally love the dress as is. I''d leave the pickups on it.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Good find, tiffany!

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the input everyone.
5.gif
I''m still undecided (yes stillll *sigh*), but after a couple of great suggestions from PSers, I have a new idea. Robbie mentioned lace boleros and then Ana posted a pic of the Monique Lhuillier dress with the lace jacket. I have always loved that Jacqueline dress but there''s nooo way I could afford it. Well, I was looking at some pictures of me trying on dresses and I came across a gorgeous silk satin dress that I loved. But it was a little too plain and didn''t have lace on it so I had ruled it out. I had never thought about wearing a lace bolero and sash with it until now! I still love the Jasmine dress, but now I am torn with that and this new dress idea.

Here is the look I''m going for:

knottie sfbubbly wearing ML

47b5d606b3127cce9382eacc7a5c00000005138EcMnLVy5bO

47b5d606b3127cce9382d578bb5f00000005138EcMnLVy5bO

Here is the dress I tried on. It reminds me of the Ulla Whirlwind dress.
30.gif

marisa644frontbm7.jpg
marisa644backzt8.jpg

I searched for the dress on the knot to see if it had been worn with a bolero and sash and lo and behold I found pics! It achieves the same look as the ML dress. This is beautiful knottie nocalee...

47b6da30b3127cce8806b07ed9f900000015108AYuHDVw3auU

47b6da30b3127cce8806b5be99a300000025108AYuHDVw3auU
47b6da30b3127cce8806c3b7999100000015108AYuHDVw3auU

Okay now here''s me in the dress. I look ridiculous... something weird with how I''m standing.
40.gif
But I really like the modified sweetheart neckline and the silk satin is gorgeous. I prefer it to the silk tafetta of the Jasmine dress.

california0222jr7.jpg

My sad attempt at drawing a "sash" using Paint.
20.gif

california0222sashmz2.jpg

Whew. So that''s it. I would loooove any opinions on this dress. I''m sorry you all have to deal with my relentless questions and indecision! I have always valued PSers input though.
1.gif
Thank you so much!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Chelle,

That''s a Marisa, right? It was the first gown I tried on! I think it looks great on you, and I love the idea of it paired with a lace bolero and sash. Definitely a winner!
9.gif

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Ebree! I forgot to mention the designer! Yes you are correct, it is a Marisa dress.
9.gif
I could always take the bolero off too (for the reception maybe?) since the dress is pretty by itself. I've seen pictures of it as is (no bolero or sash) on other people and it looks so fab on them. But not so much on me! I don't know... something about the waistline (or the whole area from beneath my bust to my hips) looks funny on me in the dress.
40.gif
So I was thinking a sash would cover it up. There's a shop that carries this dress and the bolero so I'm going to try on the whole ensemble. Too bad they don't let you take pics! So frustrating.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
hi,
i may be biased because i love lace,
but i think the lace bolero is a great idea with that dress-
you seem very happy (and look happy) in it-

plus, with a bolero you have the option to remove the jacket if need be.

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks labbielove! I adore lace too. I think that''s why I dismissed that dress at first because I really wanted to have lace. I can''t wait to try the Marisa dress on with the bolero. I think it will give it a whole different look. And it''s the look I''m going for which is a big plus!
36.gif
I just hope it looks good on *me*!

Ruby Shoes

Rough_Rock
I think this one is beautiful, and has the lace back and v-neck you are after?

Pronovias.jpg

Ruby Shoes

Rough_Rock
p.s. this is from Pronovias, Glamour collection. This gown is called Alcora

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/6/2006 3:13:38 AM
Author: Ruby Shoes
I think this one is beautiful, and has the lace back and v-neck you are after?
Oh so you just had to go and do that to me!
2.gif
That dress is beautiful!!! I''ve never seen anything like it... and I''ve been looking so hard for a vneck with a lace back. I hope I can find it in area. I''d love to try it on. Thanks Ruby Shoes!
9.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
OMG I love the Marisa on you!!! Personally I don''t think it needs anything else and I definitely don''t see what you''re talking about it looking funny on you. I think it looks amazing! I really love it paired with the sash and bolero in the picture you showed also.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results