shape
carat
color
clarity

Changing tapered baguette

emeraldcrazed

Shiny_Rock
Is it possible to have a baguette changed or both in my existing setting I feel like the 2 stones are not matching in size. I had the setting remade and used the same baguettes but feel they are more obvious to me now. I really like the setting and would like to not have to start over!

_464.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't really have any specific advice but I thought I would give your thread a bump! Looking at the pic of your ring from that distance, I don't see any glaring differences in the size of the stones. Could you provide a close-up pic? I would imagine it would be possible to switch them out though. Although, on second thought, if the ring was custom made to fit those particular stones, it might be a bit tricky. Probably best to just ask your jeweler.

emeraldcrazed

Shiny_Rock
Thank you junebug. Here is a closer pic. One side is smaller and longer than the other. The jeweler used the stones I had even though I wanted to wait and maybe not use these baguettes. I didn't get to see wax mold first

_687.png

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the closer pic emeraldcrazed! Ok, I see what you mean - I don't really notice the difference in the length, but the one on the right does look just a tad wider where it meets the basket of the ring, am I right? The stones look channel set, which might complicate things. Sorry about this, the difference seems fairly subtle but I know that things like this can be distracting to the wearer, hopefully the jeweler who made the ring can do something for you. Your ring is beautiful!

emeraldcrazed

Shiny_Rock
I think they tucked the length in the metal. It isn't channel set but does look like that in pic. Here is a side view

_688.png

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah ok, thanks and sorry for my error, my eyesight isn't what it used to be! Your jeweler did a nice job with the length - I'm beginning to think it's possible they can be switched out - hopefully someone with a bit more experience than me will comment!

emeraldcrazed

Shiny_Rock
Good news a new baguette pair have been ordered from stuller. My old ones came out easily. Thank you for helping me out junebug.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that's great emeraldcrazed! :appl: So glad this is working out, sounds like you are on your way to being totally happy with your ring :dance:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to say that I do see what you mean in the first photo - they do look uneven, and I'm glad you're getting a new pair. The ring is gorgeous and I love that setting. :wavey:

emeraldcrazed

Shiny_Rock
So I got the new baguettes so much better but I see a space in the metal by the tapered end. Is that something that should be fixed.

_755.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results