shape
carat
color
clarity

Changing my colors please HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
I said I wouldn''t do this but FI finally wants give me his opinions on the wedding. He dislikes green. And our colors were Pink & Green. I Haven''t created much with the green and I really want to include him on decoration decisions. He said he would love if I would change the green to blue. Not sure about this yet or shades of blue would look nice with pink. I was wondering if the wonderful pser would help me and give me hope!! It is a May wedding. Please help!

here was my current canvas for reference.

http://www.bridalcanvas.com/canvas/issue/1124/486345cda638611c449a640e5fa922fe

booswim542

Shiny_Rock
I really like the pink you are using. It''s beautiful! I don''t think it would look terrible with blue. I personally like the green better as well, but I suppose it''s his day too!

I''ll see what sort of pink/blue weddings I can find for ya...

booswim542

Shiny_Rock
I really love this cake!

Cake555.jpg

booswim542

Shiny_Rock
Here is a possible bouquet...

Bouquets777.jpg

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
That is really cute! My Flowers are already completed they are pink and white so will match anything! Thanks for the ideas!!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
You can''t go wrong with pink and blue (my colours, plus white and yellow frangipanis), they look fabulous together.

I don''t see a problem in changing over the green to blue.

At least your DF wants to have input - mine just says whatever you think is best baby, only cause I have banned him from saying ''I don''t care!'' in response to anything regarding the wedding!! Well, he is colour blind, so some decisions are best left up to me
2.gif

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 8:02:54 PM
Author: honey22
You can''t go wrong with pink and blue (my colours, plus white and yellow frangipanis), they look fabulous together.

I don''t see a problem in changing over the green to blue.

At least your DF wants to have input - mine just says whatever you think is best baby, only cause I have banned him from saying ''I don''t care!'' in response to anything regarding the wedding!! Well, he is colour blind, so some decisions are best left up to me
2.gif

Its not a huge problem just what colors of pink and blue look good together? I have no clue.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE hot pink and navy blue together.
36.gif
It's a stunning colour combination, imo, without the baby shower effect.

ETA: BTW, I was doing a search for you on blue and pink wedding colours and came across these 'wedding units' ... lol

hotpinknavy.jpg

AggieTexan

Shiny_Rock
I like navy or deep periwinkle with pink. I''d stay away from anything too pastel so it doesn''t look too baby shower-ish.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I was also thinking baby shower with pink and blue. Seriously, just emphasize the pink and use the green as accent. That is one of the most beautiful color combinations for a spring wedding! I can''t believe most guys really care. I just wouldn''t change it. He''ll love it when the day comes!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I love the navy and pink - that is extremely elegant.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I''d definitely go with pink and navy. I think those colors look very classic together. Plus the boys will be pretty comfortable wearing navy (some guys are anti-pink).

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
I''m ba-ack! I''m not stalking your thread, honest!

My favourite is still the navy and hot pink but I thought I''d through out a couple more options for you...

This one''s pink, blue, and green!

BlueGreenPink.jpg

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
I thought this was really pretty!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
... and this one is teal and pink. Maybe a little too ''cotton candy''?

tealpinkboard.jpg

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
What about champagne pink and navy?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Pink and Teal or Tourquise OR TIFFANY BLUE!

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
I remember seeing a Marie Antoinette themed wedding that was pink and blue. It didn''t see baby-showerish. Here are some cakes. I like the top right one best I think.

124237.jpg

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ladies so much! I will have to admit today still I am very hesitant to change my colors. I know he won''t be upset with if i choose not to.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
With all due respect, and I don''t mean to be offensive, but it''s his wedding just as much as it''s yours. You should both agree on a colour scheme. If he doesn''t like green, don''t use it. Just about any shade of pink and blue go together, but I would steer away from the ''baby'' pastels. Good luck
1.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
FYI- Violet02''s wedding colors were pink and blue (I think) and her wedding was absolutely gorgeous! Take a look at the PS Weddings Sticky and hers is either the last page, or the page before last.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

honey22

Ideal_Rock
DS, I would agree that 99% of men wouldn''t care but the OP has already said that he does care, and that he wants her to change them.

I can''t understand why you would still encourage the OP to use green when he fiance feels this way? It''s his wedding too.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Well, I personally prefer pink and green (the wedding that DS linked to looks beautiful!) over pink and blue, which many people do like. But I'm biased because my wedding colors are sage and white. Have you shown him different shades of green and does he hate them all? It doesn't have to be grass green, olive, or lime, for example. The green in the wedding DS mentioned is so light that it's hardly green at all, just a hint of sage. What does your FI think about that?

If he's still anti-green after seeing some more examples, I'd think about pink and platinum/silver. This dress would be an example of how they would look together (you could have pink dresses with platinum accents instead of this way around if you like)...

ETA: And if he's set on blue, I'd probably favor navy over Tiffany blue so it looks less baby-showerish.

6304S-600-plat.jpeg

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 8:25:54 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I really think most guys could care less about the colors. And I think most guys will want their fiance to be happy with the colors and decor and are glad to let them plan that part. I''d seriously show him these pictures so he can see how a little green accent does not overtake the other colors:

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/bride-world-wide-grooms-grooves/wedding-pictures-part-2-finally-pictures-of-the-ceremony-etc-t96099.html

Thanks for posting this. I showed this to him. And he didn''t know I guess exactly what I was trying to accomplish. Our bathroom is also sage/honeydew with accents of pink. And we also had a talk. Apparently his mother (long story) we have been disagreeing with about every aspect of the wedding bought table linens without asking/telling me. They were Teal & Mauve, not at all our colors. Also she bought lime green items. Which we both our trying to not having any lime green. This I guess is what he has been confused on. So now we are both on page and he had a talk with his mom about having less green and mostly light pinks with the medium pink flowers. So back on track as we both agree that pale pink and blue look to baby showerish. Thank you for all your help!

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 2:54:14 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Well, I personally prefer pink and green (the wedding that DS linked to looks beautiful!) over pink and blue, which many people do like. But I''m biased because my wedding colors are sage and white. Have you shown him different shades of green and does he hate them all? It doesn''t have to be grass green, olive, or lime, for example. The green in the wedding DS mentioned is so light that it''s hardly green at all, just a hint of sage. What does your FI think about that?

If he''s still anti-green after seeing some more examples, I''d think about pink and platinum/silver. This dress would be an example of how they would look together (you could have pink dresses with platinum accents instead of this way around if you like)...

ETA: And if he''s set on blue, I''d probably favor navy over Tiffany blue so it looks less baby-showerish.

Our Bathroom is a sage with honeydew & accents of pink. He likes the combo. As long as I don''t over do the green. I think it will be great. After many examples of pink and blue and pink and green we are good to go again. Thanks! Ladies for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results