shape
carat
color
clarity

Changed my clothing uniform up a bit...what about you?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This look sounds absolutely gorgeous for you!! I love maxi and midi dresses.
I'm sorry you're having a hard time due to perimenopause.
I hope you'll keep the dresses even after you're back to your preferred weight (if you still wish to go back to that after some time).

We still have that date on Place Vendôme and champagne at the Ritz after C19!!
@dk168 was supposed to come as well!!!

I'll be wearing my new outfit OR a sassy dress!

What's the date for the meet please, as I have already planned my camping trips in 2022, and have started to plan for 2023, no joke!

DK :lol-2:

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I feel your pain, pun intended :bigsmile: I have a similar problem but with my foot. Since the accident I cannot stand anything tight over my left foot so my shoes selection has been limited to very selective pairs of sneakers and half size larger than my old size.

Between that and the pandemic 20 I gained last year, I literally only have a few things that both fit AND doesn't make me feel too self conscience. A few maxi dresses, tights with tunics, a pair of skinny jeans with a loose fitting t shirt. I'm so lucky I only go into the office every other week, because I've been rotating those few outfits each time I go in :roll:

I’m sorry to hear you share the pain, but so glad you’ve got a comfortable option for going to work. I love maxi dresses - they are so forgiving! I’ve also dedicated a fair amount of time to finding cute, comfortable shoes that I can wear (between the brace, crutches, and the general problems that go with a leg injury, I’m also limited there. All my cute heels are just waiting to come back into rotation. I hope you can find some cute shoes that your foot can tolerate :cool2:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Love this thread. I have always worn loose business casual stuff to work, so my work clothes will probably not change much, however…I Just got a notice from HR this week that our we are returning to our offices and working a hybrid schedule of 3 days in office and 2 days from home. This is going to take some major getting used to as I have not worn dress shoes for a year and a half! When I do wear fully covered shoes (athletic shoes for working out/tennis) my feet feel so constricted (maybe I gained weight in my feet?).

So, yesterday I shopped for new shoe wardrobe for going back to work! I’m going go be wearing Mules! They will feel like slippers hopefully, but look “proper” from the front. Edited to add, I can slip them off in my office under my desk! 9E28DD7C-BE45-489D-90A6-E05F39EA04CD.jpeg 6B7E978E-BD5B-4B0A-A1A9-0F1F809EDE64.jpeg

Last edited:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's the date for the meet please, as I have already planned my camping trips in 2022, and have started to plan for 2023, no joke!

DK :lol-2:

Ha, you're so much better organized than me!!

Date's depending largely on the Delta Variant...... Sigh...

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They will feel like slippers hopefully, but look “proper” from the front. Edited to add, I can slip them off in my office under my desk! 9E28DD7C-BE45-489D-90A6-E05F39EA04CD.jpeg 6B7E978E-BD5B-4B0A-A1A9-0F1F809EDE64.jpeg

GENIUS!!!!!

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Love this thread. I have always worn loose business casual stuff to work, so my work clothes will probably not change much, however…I Just got a notice from HR this week that our we are returning to our offices and working a hybrid schedule of 3 days in office and 2 days from home. This is going to take some major getting used to as I have not worn dress shoes for a year and a half! When I do wear fully covered shoes (athletic shoes for working out/tennis) my feet feel so constricted (maybe I gained weight in my feet?).

So, yesterday I shopped for new shoe wardrobe for going back to work! I’m going go be wearing Mules! They will feel like slippers hopefully, but look “proper” from the front. Edited to add, I can slip them off in my office under my desk! 9E28DD7C-BE45-489D-90A6-E05F39EA04CD.jpeg 6B7E978E-BD5B-4B0A-A1A9-0F1F809EDE64.jpeg

This is exactly what I did for work shoes before Covid!! Ugg has a pair of slippers that are leather mules with a shearling footbed, and no one ever know I was wearing actual slippers unless I told them :)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Earlier this year I purchased a ridiculous amount of linen because I could not resist at 8 bucks a yard. :oops2: . Its all off white so.... made some tops...lol they all look the same but they're extremely comfy.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Does it count that I ordered 3 pairs of black shorts to replace 3 pairs of black shorts that are getting raggedy and the new ones have 3 inch longer legs on them?
Also have 3 new black polo shirts to do the same with that have shorter neck splits on them and fewer buttons.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Earlier this year I purchased a ridiculous amount of linen because I could not resist at 8 bucks a yard. :oops2: . Its all off white so.... made some tops...lol they all look the same but they're extremely comfy.

I wish I was able to sew my own clothing. Getting exactly what one wants in exactly the right fit. Perfect.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does it count that I ordered 3 pairs of black shorts to replace 3 pairs of black shorts that are getting raggedy and the new ones have 3 inch longer legs on them?
Also have 3 new black polo shirts to do the same with that have shorter neck splits on them and fewer buttons.

Depends if you wanted them the same or are OK with the changes...

Dh is in polos and shorts every day in summer and polos and chinos at work if he can get away with it (aka no outside visitors)

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock

Definitely counts:)

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm mostly wearing dresses, because for me coordinating outfits takes too much time and energy in the morning.

If I wear a jean-top combo it's been exclusively skinny jeans with tunic style tops for the last, say 10-ish years.

This is me - dresses for the office and jeans/top for outside.

When Covid sent us all home, it got ditched for home comfort wear jeans/t-shirts/sweatshirts. Over time, the groundhog's day cycle was wearing on me. So I looked for things that were easy/quick to put on and had the comfort of work-from-home but would elevate me mentally.

I went to leggings and tunic tops for the winter. But the biggest game changer was the Columbia PFG Freezer III Dress in the summer. They add different patterns/colors and now I own 8. I'd own more but they often run out of my size in some patterns before they go on sale. (I size up to hide my bumps).

I wear them at least 4x/week, super comfortable, quick to put on...but nice enough to wear out of the house. Once we return to office, I will go back to my other clothes but I think these will always be part of my wardrobe (I especially love how packable they are).

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Depends if you wanted them the same or are OK with the changes...

Dh is in polos and shorts every day in summer and polos and chinos at work if he can get away with it (aka no outside visitors)
Wanted the longer shorts the shirts I like the old ones much better.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
This is me - dresses for the office and jeans/top for outside.

When Covid sent us all home, it got ditched for home comfort wear jeans/t-shirts/sweatshirts. Over time, the groundhog's day cycle was wearing on me. So I looked for things that were easy/quick to put on and had the comfort of work-from-home but would elevate me mentally.

I went to leggings and tunic tops for the winter. But the biggest game changer was the Columbia PFG Freezer III Dress in the summer. They add different patterns/colors and now I own 8. I'd own more but they often run out of my size in some patterns before they go on sale. (I size up to hide my bumps).

I wear them at least 4x/week, super comfortable, quick to put on...but nice enough to wear out of the house. Once we return to office, I will go back to my other clothes but I think these will always be part of my wardrobe (I especially love how packable they are).

My summer staple (working from home) are also T shirt dresses or tank dresses. I love that a lot of dresses nowadays have pockets in them too. A necessity when I take conference calls on the kitchen while cooking. Phone goes right in my pocket.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wore a bra and socks & shoes four days last week
I feel like i have a mountain of washing and the sox won't match up :angryfire: :boohoo:

This week its surposed to rain so ill have my pearls on - i have this thing with pearls and the rain

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
I love your style @kipari

This thread came at a perfect time for me. The last several years I’ve been in the pregnancy/postpartum phase of life, followed by a year and a half of pandemic. All this makes for a lot of wearing what’s comfortable, practical, and fits my constantly changing body, but not much style. Last week I did a major closet purge, then purchased a few nice pairs of jeans that will fit well. Looking forward to freshening up my look.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your style @kipari

This thread came at a perfect time for me. The last several years I’ve been in the pregnancy/postpartum phase of life, followed by a year and a half of pandemic. All this makes for a lot of wearing what’s comfortable, practical, and fits my constantly changing body, but not much style. Last week I did a major closet purge, then purchased a few nice pairs of jeans that will fit well. Looking forward to freshening up my look.
Why thank you
I know that phase too well... Accomodating those changes really is key to a comfortable yet stylish wardrobe.... My go to pieces from my youth (fitted crisp shirts and a line skirts or dress pants, shorter dresses) don't work for my body type and lifestyle anymore. At all.

Nothing better than a well fitting pair of jeans!! Congrats on finding a fe pairs

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wore a bra and socks & shoes four days last week
I feel like i have a mountain of washing and the sox won't match up :angryfire: :boohoo:

This week its surposed to rain so ill have my pearls on - i have this thing with pearls and the rain

Omg, I'm living in the land of single socks as well!

Any look is elevated by pearls. I'm sure you'll look very chic

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wanted the longer shorts the shirts I like the old ones much better.

Hope you'll find the exact shirt you're looking for the next time! I live it when you find the EXACT item that ticks all the boxes!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omg, I'm living in the land of single socks as well!

Any look is elevated by pearls. I'm sure you'll look very chic

:lol-2: :boohoo: i still have a pile of partnerless sox stashed behind the door of the spair room from our move 3 years ago waiting for the missing ones to turn up
And yes my pearls look particularly fitting paired with Gary's ratty old singlets ive been wearing :lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results