shape
carat
color
clarity

Change the shape of my band???????

lewood

Shiny_Rock
I started a thread earlier (much, much earlier as I woke up at 1 AM and couldn't go back to sleep because my mind kept thinking about my upcoming wedding and wedding band) about how my wedding band thickness did not match the thickness of my e-ring on the bottom. I'm super OCD......but as that thread has stated, it would be a production and could get costly (argh- even though I had the band custom made and the jeweler didn't mention matching heights of shanks) to add platinum to my wedding band so that it matches the height of my e-ring......

....so I got to studying my wedding band some more. (Ya'll probably think I'm nuts, right?) I think what looks *off* about it is the fact that it's flattened (is that a word? I should know, I'm an English teacher!) on the bottom. I recently had it sized down a tad more because it was still too loose for my liking, and I think when it was sized, the shape got distorted. Is it easy to round it again? How is it done?

Am I crazy? Please look at picture and let me know if you see the bottom of the ring where they would size it, if you see it to be flattened and not perfectly (I understand it can't be 100% perfect) rounded.....

Easy fix?

Gosh, I should just go to my jeweler, but they're over an hour away......pricescope is my first go-to!

Imported%20Photos%2000075.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you show it from all angles WITH your ER on?

lewood

Shiny_Rock
Yes...Here's 2 more in the meantime, but let me see if I can get a better picture for you!
Imported%20Photos%2000076.jpg
Imported%20Photos%2000077.jpg

lewood

Shiny_Rock
It was hard to capture the flat look with my e-ring. But I think this picture shows it pretty well!
Imported%20Photos%2000109.jpg

Easy fix to round the bottom? How is it done? Or...do ya'll still think I'm crazy!

lewood

Shiny_Rock
FYI, I turned the band so that the flat part wasn't on the bottom of my hand...it really shows the flatness when it is turned on the side of my finger because it's not as wide or flat....make sense?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They do look like they fit together pretty perfectly. I definitely have rings that look similar to the shape of your band. Good luck!

lewood

Shiny_Rock
Thanks--I dropped by my jeweler's to discuss my issues with the ring. He is going to reshank the bottom part of the band so that it is the same height and width the whole way around and is more rounded to match my e-ring. Now, hopefully, they will fit together even better! My fingers are crossed.....I am very anxious to see what the outcome is, as I am getting married in 2 weeks and need my band! The jeweler said his benchman will cut off the bottom of the ring and laser weld on a new shank, which will leave no hint behind that there was work done to the ring; however, I'm still very apprehensive. Wish me luck!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results