shape
carat
color
clarity

Change of Plans...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
So after planning two completely different weddings, Our original idea--100 guests wedding at the local aquarium. And our second idea---Destination wedding for under 20 to Jamaica....it looks like I''ll have to plan a completely different type of wedding.

I found that I''m pregnant yesterday! Our expected due date is November 18th. Our wedding was supposed to be October 29th. Obviously there will be no flying off to Jamaica for me.

We want to get married before the baby. So it looks like I''ll be planning another wedding for about 2 months from now. Thankfully I have a ton of practice planning---so this one should be easy. Right ladies?

Rock Your Socks

Shiny_Rock
Right.....(looks away).....
20.gif

just kidding, congrats about the pregnancy first and foremost and secondly it you already have a pretty good vision for how your wedding would have gone than at least as you said your not going into this in a rush or not knowing anything. My advice, ask for tons of help from willing family members and friends and it will be achievable. Good luck and congrats.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous news!!! Congrats on the bubby! I am sure your wedding day will be perfect, and it will be extra special knowing that the three of you will be there
1.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Congrats all around!

I can relate to the multiple wedding change plans. I think I''ve planned out about 3-4 weddings by now and have finally settled into a good plan! You know you have your PS community to help plan.

Take care of yourself and your wee one!

glueck

Shiny_Rock
OF COURSE its possible! Let us know what we can do to help! And ditto to the wedding for 3 sentiment. It will be extra special that way!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Aww congratulations
36.gif

Hopefully that 1st tri exhaustion hits after you''ve put together your plans
2.gif
3.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congrats :), a friend of mine pulled off a wedding for 100+ people in about 4mths and it was magnificent - it is all about organisation and delegation :).

You should have no issues :).

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on the baby!!! 2 months can definitely be done. Just ask for help WHENEVER you need it!!!
36.gif

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your wonderful news!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the little one!!!!

And I agree with everyone else, having planned two weddings already, you''re an expert! It should be nothin'' to whip up an alternative option :)

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 10:15:06 AM
Author: House Cat
Congratulations on your wonderful news!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I second that! Congrats!! and best of luck to you on the wedding planning. I''m sure it will come out fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! I''m sure you''ll be able to plan a wonderful wedding in no time! Don''t stress yourself or worry about little things, the most important thing is by the end of the year you''ll be married and a mum!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
awwwwwwww!! congratulations and best wishes for you and the babababay! some friends of mine just managed to throw together a wedding in two weeks. it''s amazing what you can pull off when you''re really stubborn and have people willing to help! let us know if you need help with anything!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, that is fantastic news! I think you''ll be able to put something together quickly, with the help from your family and friends. You still thinking of keeping it small?

I think a nice small outdoor ceremony under a gazebo would be beautiful... same 20-30 people?

I''ve known a couple under the same situation to get this done in a public park - they rented the chairs and tables, and since she was pregnant, they just did a champagne brunch... with memosas for everyone... and that was the only alcohol - since she was pregnant. It was very lovely, and they weer able to get it done quickly.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Such joyous news!!! Congratulations on the blessing!

Personally, if it was me, I''d be haulin'' butt down to the courthouse and do the legal thing ASAP. Can always plan a marriage blessing ceremony after the baby is born and you are feeling more yourself.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Congrats tao, that''s fantastic news! 2 months is plenty of time when you''ve had this much practice, haha!
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!! You''ll be able to do it no problem. You''ll need help though. My friend got married 2 months after finding out she was preggers (found out in January, got married in March, had the bambino in September), and the wedding for 200 was awesome. You couldn''t tell AT ALL that it had been planned in 2 months.

Good luck! We''ll be here to help!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! Good luck with the planning - I agree with the others who said that having done partial planning for other weddings should hopefully make planning this one easier.
9.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the baby! And I wish you TONS of luck with the planning.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your baby!!! Thats wonderful! You can certainly plan a wedding in a few months but I would also consider what Melissa said. Maybe get married now and have a big blessing and the whole shebang after the baby is born.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
oh im so excited for you! congrats mommy :)
i have to admit im secretly hoping you have the baby on the 14th instead on the day were getting married, that would make it a doubly special day :)

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! That''s wonderful news! You''ll pull off a beautiful wedding!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the baby news, Taovandel
36.gif
I''m sure you''ll pull together an awesome wedding!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Congrats to you and your fi, taovandel! ... You''re a pro now - you''ll pull off this wedding, no problem!!
2.gif

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Seriously! You ladies are the greatest! Thank you so much for the kind words and the offering of help and advice. You have no idea what it really means to me right now.

My FI offered to plan the whole thing so that I wouldn''t have to do another....I told him that''s okay. It''ll be the strangest wedding ever with just philly cheese steaks and oreos for food--that''s all he ever eats!!

I''m slowly coming up with some ideas---because not only do I need to do a rush wedding--I want to cut the budget nearly in half (Even more if possible) because I want to save money for baby stuff also.

I pulled up the thread that was around about a week ago with that gorgeous wedding for 175 people for around 3 grand. I''m leaning towards something like that.

I found a local park you can rent out for about $500 for the entire day. And luckily, I work at a huge retirement community and my department also does a TON of catering events---which means I''ll have tables and linens available. And one of the chefs offered to do the catering at cost---and our catering manager offered to do my flower arrangement and other decorations at cost also!

I also do our invitation and other type of stuff at work--so I can just make all my own stuff to save money.

Thankfully everything seems to be working out. Family is on board and supportive with everything. I have a doctor''s appointment on Monday! I''m getting a pay raise at the end of the month! And a baby by the end of the year!

ps. Smurfysmiles---I''m hoping to hold the baby in until November 22nd....that''s my birthday. I''ll talk to my baby and see if it can come on either the 14th or the 22nd!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results