shape
carat
color
clarity

Champagne stone refered to in Color scale (HELP)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sarahmac

Rough_Rock
This is the ring i refered in my other post.
In the apprisial it says "Brilliant cut diamont of a medium light yellowish-brown color, good clarity (VS-1) and having an actual weight of 0.76.

Is this good or bad or what? Where would it fall roughly in the scale a c2 or c3?

I need to sell this ring to pay for my husbands funereal and need as much as i can get for it.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
5.gif
confused.gif

ring.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sarah--Sorry I can't really help you on the color grade really but I can give a very loose non-expert estimate? If you use the D-Z scale, probably around the X-Z areas if it is referred to as medium-brown? Just an estimate, hopefully someone else can help you who really knows their stuff.

Also--wanted to note that it is pretty hard to sell a ring and get a decent amount for it. Pawn shops will give you maybe around 20% of the stone's appraisal value. If you try to sell it on eBay you can get maybe around 50% appraisal if someone decides to bid. But it's very tricky...a few others tried to do that in the last 2 weeks and I don't think they got any bids at all on their auctions.

This is not meant to discourage you, but I just wanted to give you a heads up that it may be somewhat difficult to sell the ring and get a decent amount, unless you are willing to just take a huge loss if you need the $$. Many people think that it will be easy to take a valued piece of jewelry and get most of it's worth back but that is not always the case. If you strike out on eBay and don't want to go the pawn way, suggest trying a few local smaller jewelers in your area who may want to buy the piece off of you since it looks pretty unique, and you may be able to get around 50% of the value if you negotiate.

Sorry to hear about your loss and your dilemma, I hope things work out.

futures

Rough_Rock
Try and get a low interest loan from the bank. Though I have a negative attitude towards banks, they can be reasonable as long as you communicate well with them. It's all about communication. Does your ring seperate into three? That's kinda neat. If you sell on eBay I would do it NOW for Valentines, and I would advertise the fact it is three in one.
Good luck!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hi Sarah. I'm attaching an example of the Argyle Champagne Diamond Color Scale. It's tough to tell from a photo alone, but if I had to hazard an educated guess, I'd say your stone is in the C5 (dark champagne) ranking. A C5 ranking is equivalent to a GIA "fancy brown" designation.

Sorry to hear about your husband, Sarah. Mara gave you good advice about the difficulties of a "fast sale" on diamond jewelry. "Fast" usually means "very low price". The brown category is also the slowest selling category of the fancy colors (except for black), and don't bring near as much as other fancy colors or white stones.

I would suggest your local classifieds over the internet in realizing a greater return. The competition over the internet is fierce, and people tend to bid low on something they can't see with their own eyes. Locally, people would be able to view the diamond (possibly at your bank's conference room), and also see you personally. That often makes a difference, particularly if a benevolent couple feels they are helping you out by making a purchase.

Argyle Scale.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results