shape
carat
color
clarity

Champagne bling for a beer lifestyle?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
How about for a diet coke or iced tea lifestyle?! I don't drink much at all, so I'd call it that.

To answer, yes. I have thought of paring down significantly what I have due to it, but I enjoy collecting and creating custom things.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about for a diet coke or iced tea lifestyle?! I don't drink much at all, so I'd call it that.

To answer, yes. I have thought of paring down significantly what I have due to it, but I enjoy collecting and creating custom things.

Ooo I like your style! Iced tea lifestyle! I was trying to make a play on the “champagne dreams on a beer budget” saying, but I like your iced tea description better :)

I covet big bling, I own some pretty blingy goodness, but my lifestyle and community suits sterling silver much better! Quite the disconnect. Makes me wonder what the heck I’m doing.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes I wonder the same. I have a 3 carat old mine heading my way that I will wear to scoop cat boxes. Not to mention everything else. Or that I wear no jewelry for months at a time. I just enjoy the collecting process. Most of my stuff is either antique or custom. I like the process, the window or internet shopping and browsing.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes I wonder the same. I have a 3 carat old mine heading my way that I will wear to scoop cat boxes. Not to mention everything else. Or that I wear no jewelry for months at a time. I just enjoy the collecting process. Most of my stuff is either antique or custom. I like the process, the window or internet shopping and browsing.

I could’ve written the second half of that myself! Yep yep!!

Can’t wait to see pics of your old miner :)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like wearing high end that don't scream high end. ;-) I'd love more sparkle, but that's not in the budget

Give me an example of “high end that doesn’t scream high end”? :)

collier

Shiny_Rock
Same here. I don't wear my engagement ring to work, just two bands, never three! I wear my solitaire diamond necklace constantly, but rarely anything else. I have some truly love family heirlooms and antique pieces I have collected. Sometimes I just like to look at them in their boxes.

However, yesterday I did wear a long flowy turquoise skirt and wore my antique french 18k turquoise dangly earrings while playing ladder ball with my children.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Give me an example of “high end that doesn’t scream high end”? :)

Well I think by PS standards, my jewelry isn't that high end ;-)

Daily I wear:
Left hand: Cartier rolling ring, Whiteflash bezel set scatter and a thin gold band. Sometimes I'll switch out the bezel & thin band and wear a thin eternity band and sapphire & diamond bezel band (like the Jazz but not WF). My Tennis bracelet that hubby bought me.

Right hand: Today is the Tiffany band with diamonds and my original engagement ring (in my avatar). I also wear a Tissot watch with diamonds.

I also wear diamond studs and hoops. My jewelry isn't super expensive compared to some here, but for my area and occupation it's pricey.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I think by PS standards, my jewelry isn't that high end ;-)

Daily I wear:
Left hand: Cartier rolling ring, Whiteflash bezel set scatter and a thin gold band. Sometimes I'll switch out the bezel & thin band and wear a thin eternity band and sapphire & diamond bezel band (like the Jazz but not WF). My Tennis bracelet that hubby bought me.

Right hand: Today is the Tiffany band with diamonds and my original engagement ring (in my avatar). I also wear a Tissot watch with diamonds.

I also wear diamond studs and hoops. My jewelry isn't super expensive compared to some here, but for my area and occupation it's pricey.

That all sounds absolutely lovely. Hard for me to picture though ;-) maybe I need photos to better know what you’re saying haha! If you feel like it.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, that's me, in that I have pieces that are too grand and fancy for my lifestyle!

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the Duchess of Devonshire feeding the chickens in a Balmain ball gown.
1590953715298.png

I wonder if the photo was taken the morning after she hosted a ball at her residence, and she stayed up partying until dawn, and then went to feed her chicken without going to bed.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
@Cozystitches

I think that's plenty fancy! Most people are lucky to own one diamond piece, in addition to an engagement or wedding ring, and have no designer pieces with diamonds, so I think you are plenty fancy!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@elizat Thanks! I think hubs agrees with you! For me, I'd really love a Cartier love bracelet (still torn bx the cuff w/a diamond or the full w/ 4 diamonds). Living in the desert SW, I think I could get away with either of those w/o being over the top. I'd REALLY love a copy of the aurora ring by Brian Gavin, but I think it'd be way too much. I'd also would love a Rolex, but don't see that happening any time soon either.

@pearaffair Ask and you shall receive! My wedding ring also has diamonds, but I don't typically wear it as it is worn down over the years of rubbing against my ering. I do sometimes wear it on my right hand as it's a bit too big for my left. Not the best pictures, but you get the idea. ;-) Note: I don't always wear my ering, but I wanted to be more sparkly today
1590964349915.png

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if the photo was taken the morning after she hosted a ball at her residence, and she stayed up partying until dawn, and then went to feed her chicken without going to bed.

Hahaha how responsible of her! I love this guess :)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elizat Thanks! I think hubs agrees with you! For me, I'd really love a Cartier love bracelet (still torn bx the cuff w/a diamond or the full w/ 4 diamonds). Living in the desert SW, I think I could get away with either of those w/o being over the top. I'd REALLY love a copy of the aurora ring by Brian Gavin, but I think it'd be way too much. I'd also would love a Rolex, but don't see that happening any time soon either.

@pearaffair Ask and you shall receive! My wedding ring also has diamonds, but I don't typically wear it as it is worn down over the years of rubbing against my ering. I do sometimes wear it on my right hand as it's a bit too big for my left. Not the best pictures, but you get the idea. ;-) Note: I don't always wear my ering, but I wanted to be more sparkly today
1590964349915.png

Thank you for the pics! Gorgeous gorgeous! Love the ring stack, in particular!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dress like a bag lady most of the time, a bag lady dripping in jewellery :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Most people probably assume the stuff I wear is fake unless they know me, then they know or assume it's real, or see I drive a nice car as well.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dress like a bag lady most of the time, a bag lady dripping in jewellery :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Most people probably assume the stuff I wear is fake unless they know me, then they know or assume it's real, or see I drive a nice car as well.

Omg that's me in winter during school runs! Only winter though! I am presentable in summer. The cold makes me miserable and I'm too cold to change into decent clothes so I pile on jewellery while looking unwashed :lol:

I need to move to NT to get away from the Sydney winter.

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock

Me too! Once I wore my 6+ ct sapphire pendant to work with a polo shirt and a jeans. One of my coworkers was like - "who does that! you are such an enigma." But what's the point in having beautiful pieces if you can't wear them?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg that's me in winter during school runs! Only winter though! I am presentable in summer. The cold makes me miserable and I'm too cold to change into decent clothes so I pile on jewellery while looking unwashed :lol:

I need to move to NT to get away from the Sydney winter.

I'm like that all year round school runs in the QLD heat are T-shirt and Cammo shorts or knee length cargo shorts and winter is jeans or sweatpants and jeans and a T-shirt with a hoodie for early morning runs and a pretty cardigan or jacket, jeans and Tee if I'm a bit better dressed.

My days of caring how I look are long over :lol::lol::lol:

sunandsky

Shiny_Rock
omg yes. my largest ring I wear 99% of the time at home, just to look at it. Most of what I buy is rings, because I buy stuff to look at it. I think I'd look a lot better if I bought stuff based on how it looks on me instead!:lol-2:

The personal museum is so funny - I am also a collector at heart. I really have to rein in my instincts to not go broke and to focus on stuff I'm actually going to wear. I also go months (years, maybe?) without wearing jewelry. this whole thing has made me question my sanity, but at some point I figured for me, jewelry is kind of like art, where I just like to look at it, and appreciate the beauty and craftmanship. I think some of the problems come in because the longer you spend on something or the better you know it, the more you want to see the mona lisa and not the local art show!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results