puppmom|1461784402|4024253 said:If it were me, I would not want any "stuff" at the hospital. Carrying out all of your personal belongings is a pain and things are likely to get overlooked and maybe even misplaced. Here are some suggestions I have/things I like to receive:
- something special for the baby. With your third you get so much less which makes sense but it's nice for baby to have something special. I love to give/receive personalize blankets. My kids are 5 and 3 and still use theirs. I know some people see this is frivolous but I think it's special.
- gift card for restaurant with take out
- a casserole or something easy they can pop in the oven for a meal or two
- personal products for mom. I felt kind of gross when I left the hospital. Taking a shower in my own house with nice products was well...nice.
- along those lines maybe gift card for mom to a massage or pedicure - if she likes that kind of thing
- a small gift for the older children. When my kids get something new no matter how small they can be entertained by it for hours. That might be a welcome distraction when bringing home a new baby. In preparation for a blizzard lately I made my 3 and 5 year old a craft box with small toys (think target party favors) and they loved it! Entertained them for 3 days while we were trapped inside.
I'm sure the others will have some good ideas too. Your friend is lucky to have someone so considerate!