shape
carat
color
clarity

certs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jess

Rough_Rock
Ok, I know you push for AGS or GIA certs, but what do you think of buying a non-certed diamond from a reputable e-tailer if and only if they can give you a Sarin report? What is the average cost of getting a diamond sent for certification? Also, what is the reputation for HRD certification?
Thanks again!
Jess:wavey:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 3/15/2002 3:54:38 PM

Ok, I know you push for AGS or GIA certs, but what do you think of buying a non-certed diamond from a reputable e-tailer if and only if they can give you a Sarin report? What is the average cost of getting a diamond sent for certification? Also, what is the reputation for HRD certification?
Thanks again!
Jess:wavey:
----------------

I would ask the seller to send the stone to GIA with the arrangement that you will pay the dealer's cost for the cert. If GIA matches the grading of the seller. If it comes back lower in grading, than you have room to decide if you want the diamond or want to renegotiate the price if appropriate. The danger in buying a stone with out an independent lab grading report is that you have to rely on the seller for the color, clarity, plot of inclusions, types of inclusions, fluorescence, etc.

I'm not sure of the cost-I can check on that or you can call GIA and/or AGS and ask. Dealer cost is lower than consumer cost.

HRD grading is not as stringent as AGS, at least as far as cut is concerned. I'm not sure how comparable to GIA or AGS they are on grading the other factors.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results