shape
carat
color
clarity

Certificate without the ring?? pls help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katica

Shiny_Rock
HI everyone!
Well I have a fun update.. on Sunday my SO went to the jewellers. He didn''t outright tell me that he did so but I KNOW that''s where he went. On Monday I did a little snooping and came across what looked like a certificate but I didn''t want to ruin the surprise so I put it back without really looking. Then Tuesday after he gets home from work he asked if I wanted to know anything about my future ring and whether I wanted to see a pic and I wasn''t sure but he was so excited he couldn''t help himself and pulled the certificate out to show me! I LOVE the ring.. but he says the ring won''t be ready for a while.
I personally thinks he''s BSing me.. I don''t know much about the process but would they really give him the certificate with all the details and specs if they didn''t also give him the ring?? While snooping I also found an empty white box that would fit a ring box inside!!
Please help me - do you think he has the ring? Would they give him the cert without the ring??

Thanks!!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
I dont know for sure at all - but they might''ve especially if he had to pay in full after approving the design but before it was crafted? That way he could prove that is his ring because he holds the certificate - same for the diamond. They cant accidentally resell it or god knows what. Kind of like pink slips with cars?

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Is it the certificate or the appraisal? Maybe it''s getting set?? I don''t know...I''m making up questions as I go along, but the one thing I wanted to say is STOP SNOOPING!!!
3.gif
2.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 8:06:58 PM
Author: sammyj
Is it the certificate or the appraisal? Maybe it''s getting set?? I don''t know...I''m making up questions as I go along, but the one thing I wanted to say is STOP SNOOPING!!!
3.gif
2.gif
I bet it''s the apraisial/receipt :)

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It depends...was it laminated? It could be a copy of a cert on a stone he looked at. It doesn''t necessarily mean it''s the cert from YOUR future diamond. ;-)

DON''T SNOOP! You''ll ruin the surprise!

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
DON''T SNOOP, and DON''T GUESS! You''ll ruin the surprise. NO GUESSING NO SNOOPING =)

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely they would. You buy the diamond, you get the cert. The ring being fabricated and the diamond being set are another transaction for many jewelers.

katica

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the responses. I guess they may have just given him the cert once he paid for the ring in full.. I swear I won''t snoop anymore but he kind of gave it away today!!
Yesterday he asked me if I''ve found the ring (which made me think it IS around here somewhere, but then again he might have been teasing me). Then this morning he said it won''t be ready for a few more weeks. THEN later on he told me it actually is ready .. so I don''t know. But I don''t want to know either, it''s so much fun to be in suspense :) I like his little games..

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
yay! katica that is so exciting
36.gif
, no looking okay and just wait and be surprised.
2.gif

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
oh forgot to add, It wont be long because he seems so excited also.
36.gif
Keep us posted okay yay!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You''re better than me...I''d be ready to smack him!
9.gif

My ring is set and waiting at the jeweler''s to be picked up. Knowing that makes my finger oh so lonely, but I know why my SO is waiting...it''s financial. Can''t argue with that!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results