shape
carat
color
clarity

Ceremony Songs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
What did/do you plan on having sung before and during your ceremony?

A must have for us is the popular "I will be here" which we probally will have sung during our candle lighting ceremony. I do want another song sung right before the ceremony begins once all the guests are seated...and I''d like a Christian based song. I''m thinking the "Parent''s Prayer, but still looking. I really like this one song "When God made you he must have been thinking about me" but it''s LLOOOOONNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG!!

so what songs did you/are you having?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Louis Armstrong''s Wonderful World...and we had Elvis "Can''t help falling in love with you" as our first song...

njc

Brilliant_Rock
While guest were coming in, our pianist played a mix of songs that I let her pick. In my experience of playing piano, it was the songs I really liked that I played the best. Just before the ceremony our soloist sang a song that I cant remember the name (I''ll have to look it up at home tonight). It was something about growing up and a parents love and God''s love. My parents really liked, so I guess that was their song. During the unity candle he sang Josh Groban''s "You Raise Me Up". I love the song, but it was a little on the long side too... a good minute of everyone staring at DH and I staring at each other.
37.gif

dmbfan

Shiny_Rock
If I ever get married again, I would love to have either of these songs. Yes they are Dave Matthews and I am a bit obsessed, but the lyrics are awsome

Loving Wings

Steady as we go

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Not sure that we are having songs that the guests sing, but musicwise we like:

Ennio Morricone''s ''Playing Love'' from The legend of 1900.

FI wants ''The Ecstasy of Gold'' (kind of appropriate for PS
26.gif
)from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, also Morricone

and I love Dolly Parton''s ''Highlight of my Life'' - I have a friend who''s a tenor and I''d like to see what it''s like sung totally straight by a male voice.

My sister just picked music from a list she was given to chose from at her wedding. It''s important to me to have music I really like and that have memories for me or just make my hair stand on end (not literally I hope)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Somewhere over the rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo Ole, except that I rewrote the lyrics to work for our wedding. I didn''t like them as is, as they play the songs at funerals at a lot.

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
We used all Beatles songs for our ceremony, but classical guitar versions. The processional was "In My Life", I walked down the aisle to "Michelle" (my name, natch) and our recessional was "Here Comes the Sun". Everyone loved it!

Our first song was "I Want to Grow Old With You" by Adam Sandler from The Wedding Singer.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 5:57:29 PM
Author: Pandora II
Not sure that we are having songs that the guests sing, but musicwise we like:

Pandora: Just wanted to let you know we aren''t having our GUESTS sing....lol...but we will have a soloist sing a song before the ceremony begins and during the candle lighting ceremony.
28.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
We''re doing a secular ceremony and I''m kind of bored by the typical classical selections. I SO wanted to use "Here comes the sun" as my processional (because my name is Summer) but my FI vetoed it. I''m going with "My cherie amour" by Stevie Wonder because we both like it. And our recessional wil be the U2 version of "Everlasting Love". I want to put a song called "You are my home" (that I HUNTED DOWN) in the middle of the ceremony but I''m not quite sure where. If you''re doing recordings instead of live music, is it weird to not have anybody to look at for a song in the middle of the ceremony? I mean, if it was soloist you could watch her sing, but are they going to stare at the speakers? I really don''t want live musicians for the ceremony because I really want specific pieces of music, but I''m kind of confused. And I have no idea what to use for the bridesmaids processional.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ll be walking down the isle to "From This Moment" by Shania Twain, every time I hear it I want to cry!! We are exiting the church to "Beautiful Day" by U2, and our first dance will be to "Groovy Kind of Love" by Phil Collins. For the father/daughter dance I''m saving it until right at the end of the night when everyone is in a circle about to farewell us, and that will be to "Save the Last Dance for Me" by Michael Buble!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Sumbride - As for not having someone to look at with recorded music, we had a soloist and I was the only one that could see him (out of DH and I), so we just stood, facing each other and holding hands. So I dont think you should have a problem not having live music. My BMs came in to Mozart''s Piano Concerto No21 in C major Andante.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Thanks NJC! That makes me feel better! I picked the song for the words, but also for the arrangement and it wouldn''t sound right to have somebody else sing it, especially after all the effort I made to locate a recording.
36.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Anybody with a wedding party have some ideas for their processional music? I know the bridesmaids typically get a different song from the bride. You know, besides Pachobel Canon in D.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
GOOD!
36.gif
Happy to help.

My BMs came in to Mozart''s Piano Concerto No21 in C major Andante. DH actually picked it out! It was nice and light and airy.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
RoseAngel: Ooops, I put that really badly lol

What I meant was that in religious/church ceremonies, we have about 3 hymns that everyone sings, then you have the processional and recessional music and normally something while you sign the register etc

As we will be having a humanist wedding, we are having the ''music'' bits, but scrapping the hymns bit -I can''t cope with the idea of them all having to sing John Lennon''s ''Imagine'' or similar. And, with my grandparents (religious) and FI''s mother and stepfather (both vicars) all coming I''m trying to exclude god without being anti-god.
20.gif

Anyhow, I have to have a registrar (JP in the US??) present as humanist weddings aren''t ''legal'' here yet (only in Scotland) and the registrars have a total ban on anything religious at all, the humanist''s don''t care either way.

Hopefully the law might change before 08/08 and then I can have a straight humanist ceremony and potentially incorporate a blessing or something to keep the family god squad happy!
19.gif

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
During the hour or so when guests were coming in, mingling and getting seated, we set the iPod to play Vivaldi''s Fall and Winter, then it played a few songs from the string tribute to Depeche Mode. The processional was done to "The Writing of My Father''s Hand" from Dead Can Dance (it was perfect for our Halloween wedding, the song is beautiful, I love DCD and it sort of incorporated my dad who had passed away) Our recessional was "I Belong To You" by Lenny Kravitz and our first dance was "Come Rain or Come Shine" by Billie Holiday.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm hoping to have our processional as "Someone to Fall Back On" by Jason Robert Brown--lyrics--(he is a mutual friend and colleague, and this song has special meaning to us for that reason).

Our first dance will most likely by "Songbird" by Eva Cassidy, which is unofficially "our song."

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
We had a 3-piece string orchestra playing our ceremony music. All the pieces were from the movie, "Somewhere in Time," which is my favorite romantic movie of all time.

hfollett

Rough_Rock
If you like "I Will Be Here", Steven Curtis Chapman has another song that focuses on parents and children, called "I Believe in You". Here are the first few stanzas:

Aren''t you the little one
That hid in my arms afraid of the thunder
Are these the little hands
That held so tight to mine
Didn''t we both agree you''d never grow up
And now here we are
And here you go
Of all the things I want to say
The things you really need to know is

I believe in you
I believe in you
Everything you are
Everything you are becoming
And I believe in you
I believe in you
So spread your wings and fly
On the winds of knowing
I always believe in you

We were married a long time ago, and had Leon Patillo''s "Flesh of My Flesh".

There''s also "Go There With You", another Steven Curtis Chapman song.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results