shape
carat
color
clarity

Ceramic Watches??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe I''m out of it ... but, where did this ceramic watch trend come from? When did it start? Who was the original designer? Which are the desirable ones & which are junk?

I can''t keep up since I moved out of NYC
20.gif

I also noticed that they seem to be a hit with, um, more tomboyish ladies. I''ve seen two on reality show contestants in the last two days ... the wack shopping channels are selling them ... yet Neiman Marcus has Hello Kitty diamond varieties too.

Just trying to get a handle on it -- googling just isn''t making me "hipper".
3.gif
Only more confused!

INFO?? Tips?? Fashion ladies - spill it!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that Techno Marine had some. I have the white Chanel J 12 and I have to say I love it. I start wearing it in the spring and summer and just adore it. I in no way consider myself a tomboy and think I am pretty hip when it comes to fashion, though I did not buy one right away.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe Techno Marine started this trend. The best I''ve seen are made by Chanel. Love the white, but the black is cool too.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I knew I could count on the Style Mavens!! I did see the Chanel when I was googling ... verrrrry niiiiice. I think I actually like the beefier, tomboy styles as well as the sleeker Chanel. Hmmm Technomarine -- I almost fell into their clutches during the diamond jelly watch heyday. Must. Resist.

How heavy is it DF?? Much more so than stainless?

Inquiring minds ...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is pretty heavy, the ceramic has a nice heft to it, I LOVE mine, and wish I had gotten the diamond bezel, but the watch was thousands and with diamonds it was like 4000.00 more or something insane. I was not sure I would use it a lot, but have used it when the weather changes. It is not a winter watch, but all spring and summer with white pants and stuff, I just adore mine. HATE the black though, for some reason. White is really the chicest look to me.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 1:11:04 AM
Author: diamondfan
White is really the chicest look to me.
Exactly ... that''s the color that got my attention as well. Very fresh & clean & POW. I think any # of thousands is beyond my impulse purchase limit -- so perhaps I''ll have to wait until there are lower-end varieties available. HA! But by then the urge will pass. Catch 22!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought mine would too, but I just felt them growing on me. Really just love it when I have on a white pair of jeans and a great top...but it is not dressy for sure.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
the chanel''s are pretty hot on tpf. i think they are super nice but don''t own one. if i have seen the diamond bezel i am not remembering it. i''ll have to check that one out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results