shape
carat
color
clarity

Ceramic bunny bank -- good or bad Easter gift?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I want to get DD a gift to commemorate her first Easter. Tiffany has ceramic bunny banks with either pink or blue polka dots (I am thinking of blue even though she is a girl because her room is decorated in aqua blue and yellow). I think the banks are cute, but is it a dumb idea to buy a child a bank made of a breakable material? Obviously, she wouldn''t be allowed to handle it for a few years. Do you think when she is an older child, teen or adult she will enjoy it as a cute sentimental item from her childhood and because it is from Tiffany, or will it just end up in the back of a closet?

Tiffany bunny.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another view:

Tiffany bunny2.jpg

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I love the idea.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I still have my black and white pig with my name painted on it. Was given to me on my first birthday.

If you''re looking for something a little more durable, perhaps less money, you could always go silver...

This tarnish-resistant silverplated bunny bank from Reed & Barton, inspired by old-fashioned toys, will surely delight rabbit lovers. Made by first-rate craftsmen, this rabbit has a slot in his back for dropping coins into. He crouches down to the ground and looks rather comfortable.

ReedBartonBank.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Great idea.

But I do not like the shape or colour patterns. Sorry, I would return it/give it a miss.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s adorable! Since she won''t be able to play with it, maybe include a plush bunny to go with it? When she gets a few years older she''ll want a place to save change that she gets and she''ll love to have it. I know I always wanted a piggy bank when I was a kid.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very very cute! My boys both have ceramic piggy banks and they are allowed to "play" with them, in that they will lay them on the carpet and open them up and count their change. The ones they have have their names painted on them.

Giving a gift like that has so much more lasting value than the regular old junk easter stuff sold at the stores.

Oh, though, I think $80 for a Tiffany Bunny is a bit much
2.gif
Nordstrom has ceramic piggy bank styles for less.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I love the idea, but not the look of the bunny bank.

DD got a piggy bank from one of my co-workers when she was born. We''ve been putting quarters in it whenever we have change in our pockets. We actually all have piggy banks, but DD''s bank has only quarters. Everything else goes in ours.

I think it''ll be a great first step on learning about money and saving. It''s a gift that will last a lifetime even if they don''t get to play with it when they are babies.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I love the idea.

Out of the two I like the blue one.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
I just looked on the Tiffany website to see what other options they had for Easter and I saw the bunny and the pink one online looks completely different then the one in your picture. I hope this doesn''t come across as rude, but did you buy it directly from them? I only ask because, after looking, I am considering one for a gift and would be unhappy receiving a completely different product then pictured.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
the bunny shown is an authentic T&Co bunny bank. They still carry them in the store in my city.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 4:39:38 PM
Author: MC
Very very cute! My boys both have ceramic piggy banks and they are allowed to ''play'' with them, in that they will lay them on the carpet and open them up and count their change. The ones they have have their names painted on them.

Giving a gift like that has so much more lasting value than the regular old junk easter stuff sold at the stores.

Oh, though, I think $80 for a Tiffany Bunny is a bit much
2.gif
Nordstrom has ceramic piggy bank styles for less.
Yeah, me too! I was bidding on one on ebay, but got outbid before the auction closed at 5 am. After being up with a crying baby until after 3 am, I just couldn''t face setting my alarm for 4:45 to catch the end of the auction. Maybe I''ll find one before next Easter. I ended up getting sick and didn''t get out to get her anything for Easter. Bad mommy.
7.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 3:17:01 PM
Author: Starset Princess
I still have my black and white pig with my name painted on it. Was given to me on my first birthday.

If you''re looking for something a little more durable, perhaps less money, you could always go silver...

This tarnish-resistant silverplated bunny bank from Reed & Barton, inspired by old-fashioned toys, will surely delight rabbit lovers. Made by first-rate craftsmen, this rabbit has a slot in his back for dropping coins into. He crouches down to the ground and looks rather comfortable.
Thanks for posting the R&B bunny, Starset. It is very cute.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 3:40:08 PM
Author: Definitely, Maybe
I just looked on the Tiffany website to see what other options they had for Easter and I saw the bunny and the pink one online looks completely different then the one in your picture. I hope this doesn''t come across as rude, but did you buy it directly from them? I only ask because, after looking, I am considering one for a gift and would be unhappy receiving a completely different product then pictured.
I took both of the pictures from ebay because I could not copy the pics from the Tiffany website. The pink bunny pictured is an older version of the Tiffany bunny. The blue one is the current version, and the one I prefer. I saw it at Tiffany''s and it is very cute.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results