shape
carat
color
clarity

Centerpiece mock ups. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry distracting myslef till the vet calls... this is what I was doing before the vet called. Routine teeth cleaning.

Um... here are the mock ups. I needed to know quantities for budget. Gonna need thirty white hydrangeas, 30 green, and 200 roses for all the centerpieces. Plus a ton of greens (I shorted the greens today. Just raped the backyard). This box is 8 x 8 whch is fine. And the ribbon is a scrap I had in my craft box. So it's a 'rough stetch.

But what doyou guys think? FI thinks (even though all white centerpieces were his idea) that some color would be nice. Your opinions.

centerpiece mock up.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Without flash.

centerpiece mock up 1.JPG

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful but looks expensive. If you''re needing to watch money you could scale it down a bit and still have a similar look.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Island dreams. Thank you. It will be about $550 for seven of them plus 3 boutineers and 3 corsages. My floral budget is 800. I'm planning on about 175 for my bouquet and FI's bout. Which leaves me with 50 bucks and about 10 green hydrangeas and plenty of greens left over for two ceremony pieces. Overall. Right at budget. I hope.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i love them. the only thing i''d do differently is to use a satin ribbon- keeping the same width. i know you said this one was a scrap, but i''m not sure if this was the same type of ribbon you intended to use on the real centerpieces or not.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I definitely agree with you on the ribbon Jcrow! I was thinking nice satin ribbon in whatever color my bouquet ends up being. Waiting for some ribbon sales for that.

What about the boxes? This one is just a photo box I had in the house that''s 8 x 8... It''s brown with crocodile embossing. Do you think it will look okay with a silver box? Or not enough contrast? Should I try for a light green box to coordinate with the green hydrangeas? or a completely different color? I''m also thinking that I can scale down to 7 x 7 as Island Dreams suggested. 7 x 7 x 4 is what I''m hoping for.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I think silver boxes would be great! Those centerpieces are awesome, good job!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are GORGEOUS!!! Love the white and green palette.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I love the arrangement. but - I am not so much a fan of the box/ribbon...
what is your general color scheme again? And how are your linens going to look?

silver would be pretty, or even brown but for some reason the croc doesn''t fit w/the style of the flowers to me... JMO though.

as for the size, do you have a table that''s the same size? it helped me a LOT to have a mock up of the rentals set up w/the linens and all, and the florist brought the vase so I could see the size.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
curlygirl that''s funny... I''m planning the same type of greens you had, and was toying with those green berries. Very similar. Very pretty.

I have thought about getting some cheap square vases and frosting them os it''s all white and not see through. But I really prefer working with oasis to working with vases... much more forgiving... so I''m concentrating on containers that will allow me to do that.

I wanted boxes/ribbons because well... it looks like a present an open present with flowers inside... I wouldn''t do a brown croc box-- no worries but it was in house (free), has a plastic liner (easy) and the right dimensions so it got conscripted. I got the hydrangea type things from a neighbors yard (asked permission) and bought two doxen roses at costco for 15 bucks. Greens from the backyard ribbon was scrap and I bought a ton of oasis on sale yesterday at AC Moore.

SO... votes for different ribbon, different boxes. Check. I agree 100%.

Mock up with a table-- flopkins, that sounds lovely, thanks for the idea... I''ll probably do a silk mock up in a couple of weeks and take it with me when I go to the venues at the end of September. I''m sure it will help alot! Good advice!

Krysia

Rough_Rock
Gypsy,

The flowers are beautiful! Although, I agree that a different container is better (I know you said the brown croc was handy and you''re going to use something else), I still like seeing pics with (or close to) my wedding colors-> apple green & chocolate brown w/ ivory accents.
2.gif

On a side note, I wish I was as crafty as you - I''m going to end up shelling out big bucks to get something even as remotely beautiful as your arrangement.
7.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Love the flowers!!! I wish I was as creative as you!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
gorgeous! i like the contrast of the warm brown with the cool whites and greens...makes em pop! i agree with the no croc and satin ribbon.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i also wanted to add-- what i love about this arrangement is the airyness of the flowers. they seem so light and fluffy and lush. very, very nice!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks awesome, i agree about the ribbon and the box...

you could even get plain kraft boxes and spray paint them like a marbled golden champagne or similar. we do this sometimes for packaging for our clients and it has come out looking fabulous before.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the green and white flower colors, and the general idea. I''d suggest trying a mockup in a silver paper box before commiting to that combo -- the silver will change the look a lot, as compared to the dark box.

budgetbride

Shiny_Rock
OMfreakingGoodness! they are fabulous! That''s exactly the combination that I''m using...well I''m adding in blue ones as well.

How many of each flowers do you think you used in each centerpiece?

I''m planing on ordering my flowers from Sam''s and the flower exchange.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful! I love that you made this yourself. It''s stunning as is, but I think I agree that going slightly smaller on box size might be a good idea. It will save you flowers too. A light gree box color would be pretty, but it would be hard to match the color right if you are going to spray paint it, and hand painting would be a pain. Silver color would be just as lovely and much easier to spray paint the right color. A larger, thicker, ivory color ribbon would be pretty. Gorgeous, can''t wait to see the real thing.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry! I forgot all about this thread. I'm going to look into the craft boxes Mara suggested. Finding the 'perfect' box is a silly endeavor, 'good enough' is what I've decided on. Just don'[t have the mental energy to be consumed by boxes.

As for amounts. Yes, Four large whie, 6 small green hydrangeas. 24 roses. In an 8 x 8 x 4 container. I've decided on my bouquet... I spoke to a local florist about peony's and she said that her supplier can get them in September... they are very expensive thugh.. so I'm only using 6 of them with some roses and some orchids. Pale pink and white roses. Green Cymbidium orchids, green hydrangeas (from what I'll be ordering) and Pale pink Peony's. I have a pic on my laptop but we are having connectivity issues so I can't get online with it. I'm gonna have a local florist do my professional flowers, the prices are better, I know her, and I can have someone drive them down the day before with no problem. Just had to choose hardy flowers, which I did.

OH.. um. The mockups are still doing well. Look great, I left them out the first night, and refrigerated them the second. So they are gong to be able to be made on Friday for my Sunday wedding. And I can get my nails done on Saturday.

It's all coming together easily. If all is well with my cat... then it's on! If not... we're just going to do an even smaller wedding for only our TRULY immediate families. Or cancel altogether.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I''m new to this wedding stuff, what is oasis?

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy - have you thought about maybe using glass vases, then just covering them w/paper in the color you like? then you can still use the oasis, and you can switch up colors if you want. and reuse the vases afterwards for other stuff too.

fisher - oasis are these special foam things for flower arranging, they hold water and 'feed' the flowers/stems. you soak them overnight, and can cut them to whatever shape you need, stick your flowers in, and they last for a few days-week depending on the flowers.

ETA: gypsy - I forgot to ask/add that you might want to check the height of the arrangement too. I think the standard is no higher than the length of your forearm? so that guests can see across the table. I went to a wedding where they had an enormous flower pot as a centerpiece. very pretty but we took it off the table bc we couldn't see each other!!
14.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Flopkins... I want thinking of frosted glass vases lined in aluminum foil, then with oasis inside. I figured it might look pretty with the aluminum all shiny and reflective inside the frosted vases.

Here is the bouquet I've decided on. No tulips though. The tulips will be replaced with white roses.

gypsy bouquet 2.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
actually i meant ''kraft'' as in natural color boxes...

but actually now that i am thinking about it, i think we used glossy white boxes and then spray painted with metallic paints in waves (aka spray one all chocolate brown then let it dry and then spray black and then spray a translucent white etc) so that it looked marbled.

http://www.papermart.com/index/index_retail_box_tucktop.htm

this site has a ton of boxes and gift boxes at cheap prices, i''m thinking something like an 8x8x6 or similar. they have a ton of options. i used them for our save the date tuck top mailers.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH. Kraft. LOL. Those won't work unfortunately. Wet oasis is very heavy. It has to be something that can stand up to that weight.

www.katespaperie.com has some custom boxes that might work.. but I'm leaning toward these silver ones http://dunwoodybooth.com/outer.php?UserID=d24eefb6387161d5d05722cdb5698734&page=product&product_type_id=554

THe 7 x 7 x 4 would be perfect, but I have to order 42 and that's expensive. The 9 x 9 x 4.5 size is cheaper manageable... and the difference of 50 bucks... well.. that's just some extra green filler. I'm thinking of using the extra boxes by filling them with either light pink tissue or tulle and ribbon and making 'sculptures' with them for the placecard table and the cocktail hour display. We'll see.

David M Brian is looking very good though. Wondering how much grovelling it would take to get 7 boxes from them. LOL.

ETA: Flopkins the centerpieces are only 10 inches high. And I'm going to look into some cheap vases as an alternative. 7 x 7 x 4 bowl/ vases. I'll frost them myself with some frosting spray. Line them with aluminum and BAM! Container. Won't look like a present though. And I'm really digging that.

This is great distraction. This crap. LOL.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I think they look fabulous! You''re a talented lady!
36.gif
I love your flower & color choices & the arrangement looks wonderful. If you wind up going with the silver boxes, maybe you wouldn''t need to dress them up with a ribbon & you could remove that step (and expense) from the process. I think your bouquet choice is lovely as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results